Author Topic: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!  (Read 83169 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2014, 07:33:41 PM »
Sounds like you roll a little light to me...I've been known to add a handgun or two, shotgun, and a precision rifle in addition to the rifle and one pistol.

I'm honestly curious. What exact situation do you envision using those in?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2014, 07:34:59 PM »

I'm a firm believer in being prepared for any eventuality...and bringing guns to share with friends.

Honestly the shotgun was a bit superfluous...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2014, 08:01:56 PM »

Where I work, most of my egress routes take me through the ahole of milwaukee. There have been 'incidents' involving large groups of yoots that have made the national news in the last few years in places that I normally drive through- all without a cop shooting to set them off.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2014, 08:09:03 PM »
Where I work, most of my egress routes take me through the *expletive deleted* of milwaukee. There have been 'incidents' involving large groups of yoots that have made the national news in the last few years in places that I normally drive through- all without a cop shooting to set them off.

Lets put it this way...in the next few years I envision a lot of "civil unrest" much like the '60s...but no real legitimacy basis like the civil rights movement.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2014, 08:19:24 PM »
Get yoself a righteous killin piece here

http://www.fortturner.com/store/

Lot less 'splainin' to do with one of these on the rear floorboard (now how did that get there?).

http://www.estwing.com/ao_campers_axe.php
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2014, 08:21:30 PM »
The nooze is full of the Misery State Po-leece takin' over from the locals.

Sounds like a good time to drop the hammer on the interstates, seein' as all the Troopers have been diverted to Fun City.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
The nooze is full of the Misery State Po-leece takin' over from the locals.

Sounds like a good time to drop the hammer on the interstates, seein' as all the Troopers have been diverted to Fun City.

stay safe.

Jesus H Christ, the MHP officer in charge of the contingent is joining the *expletive deleted*ing rioters instead of bustin' heads.

Yep, this is going to solve the issue.

The only language these mother *expletive deleted*ers speak is force. Until society grows a *expletive deleted*ing spine and starts busting some heads and putting some shitheads in the ground, then the animals will continue to prey on the law abiding citizens...

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2014, 08:30:30 PM »
Jesus H Christ, the MHP officer in charge of the contingent is joining the *expletive deleted* rioters instead of bustin' heads.

Yep, this is going to solve the issue.

The only language these mother *expletive deleted*ers speak is force. Until society grows a *expletive deleted* spine and starts busting some heads and putting some shitheads in the ground, then the animals will continue to prey on the law abiding citizens...

You've got shitheads on both sides.  I'm all for bustin' heads as long as that works both ways.  (I'll probably get a demerit on TFL for suggesting they lock the cops and the New Black Panthers in a big stadium with plenty of baseball bats for both and let them work out their differences w/o involving the locals)

I really hope MHP can deescalate things.  The local cops are provocateurs, probably out of solidarity for the cop that shot that young man -- whom I doubt was *totally* innocent in the situation, but how many ppl are ever total innocent.
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2014, 08:34:11 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2014, 09:28:44 PM »
Where I work, most of my egress routes take me through the *expletive deleted* of milwaukee. There have been 'incidents' involving large groups of yoots that have made the national news in the last few years in places that I normally drive through- all without a cop shooting to set them off.

Sure, but I just have trouble envisioning a situation where you stop, retrieve rifle from the trunk, and then start shooting. If it's so bad you need a rifle, it's far to bad to stop and pull it out of the trunk.

Not being a jerk, it's just confusing to me what the intended deployment scenario is.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2014, 10:19:45 PM »
Better to have it and not need it...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2014, 10:34:28 PM »
Sure, but I just have trouble envisioning a situation where you stop, retrieve rifle from the trunk, and then start shooting. If it's so bad you need a rifle, it's far to bad to stop and pull it out of the trunk.

Not being a jerk, it's just confusing to me what the intended deployment scenario is.

Vehicles are rather vulnerable to being disabled and/or blocked in.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2014, 10:59:09 PM »
Neu Yawkers gather at Union Square for solidarity, then decide to walk up the streets to Times Square, blocking traffic as they swarm go.  The 99% are on the move.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/new-yorkers-stage-demonstrations-michael-brown-article-1.1904265

The pictures of the "moment of silence" are confusing to me.  Are they actually silently chanting, or has the notion of "a moment of silence" been revised?

stay safe.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2014, 11:03:34 PM »
"Anonymous" is calling for Days of Rage protests across the country.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2014, 11:33:48 PM »
Vehicles are rather vulnerable to being disabled and/or blocked in.

And in that scenario you envision being able to grab it from the trunk then repel boarders?

Not sarcastic, I really am wondering.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2014, 11:43:50 PM »
Funny I would have expected this out of East St Louis, not one of the western Burbs.

Well, it's North County.

Help me out here, folks.

The cops were lambasted for doing nothing, and letting looters take over on Sunday night. Now, the past two or three days, all I hear is that the cops are being "heavy-handed," and shouldn't be pointing rifles at people, using tear gas, being all military-like. Concerns about the militarization of police seems to have gone mainstream.

???

If anything, Ferguson seems to be a case that would justify all of that military hardware. Looting, arson, Molotov cocktails, random gunfire? From what I'm reading, a lot of the "protests" are centered around the Quiktrip, as if to leave no doubt that they intend more of the same.

What is your take?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2014, 12:03:49 AM »

No rioters ever saw them. According to the story, that store is in Florissant - next door to Ferguson, but not that close.

I was wrong. Apparently, that store is closer to ground zero than I had thought.

And there was a shoe store looted by about 30-40 people in south city, nowhere near Ferguson, so...

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2014, 12:51:58 AM »
I think the cops using their rifles scopes like binoculars and aiming in on people who were not threats is incredibly wrong on every level and should get the morons fired and charged.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2014, 07:23:19 AM »
I think the cops using their rifles scopes like binoculars and aiming in on people who were not threats is incredibly wrong on every level and should get the morons fired and charged.

Which is it?

Using optics to get a closer look, or using optics to aim (as in select and prepare to shoot)?

Will you next be calling out hunters that use their rifle-mounted scopes to check out the terrain looking to see if they can spot whatever it is they'd like to hunt (you know, aim at, shoot, and kill)?

What, if any, difference is there between the cops and "overwatch" teams in Afghanistan?  Neither is glassing the area with the intent of shooting everything that comes into their field of view.  (And I understand the cops have much stricter ROE that the folks in the 'Stan.)

stay safe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2014, 07:23:56 AM »

Obviously.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2014, 08:44:34 AM »
I just realized what they need in Ferguson.

Lots of rain.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2014, 08:46:37 AM »

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/08/05/report-black-mobs-attack-white-patrons-outside-wis-state-fair/

This is not where I work, this is further out in the 'burbs where black mob violence isn't supposed to happen.

And yes, if my family were in the car, I would shoot any *expletive deleted*er that made a threatening move toward them. They were pulling 'white' people out of their cars and beating them.

I narrowly missed a 'juneteenth day' celebration gone awry a few years ago because I simply selected a different route on my way home that day. One of my coworkers went through the area right as the rioting started warming up and only had a few people jump up and down on their car.

This one happened a couple of blocks form where i work in a place I drive through every day.   http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/125027704.html
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:51:37 AM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2014, 09:40:21 AM »
Will you next be calling out hunters that use their rifle-mounted scopes to check out the terrain looking to see if they can spot whatever it is they'd like to hunt (you know, aim at, shoot, and kill)?

Pointing a gun at something you're not fully prepared to kill?  Seems to me I read a rule against that somewhere.

What, if any, difference is there between the cops and "overwatch" teams in Afghanistan?  Neither is glassing the area with the intent of shooting everything that comes into their field of view.  (And I understand the cops have much stricter ROE that the folks in the 'Stan.)

Pretty solid expectation that everything in many of those areas is either a valid target or a safe backstop.  That's hardly the case in a US city.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2014, 10:14:37 AM »
Pointing a gun at something you're not fully prepared to kill?  Seems to me I read a rule against that somewhere.

Pretty solid expectation that everything in many of those areas is either a valid target or a safe backstop.  That's hardly the case in a US city.

Absolutely not.  The vast majority of the war zone is not either a valid target or a safe backstop.  Again I point out that the ROE of those overwatch teams is stricter then that that the officers very likely have. (which is it's own problem)

I generally feel like cops need to stop pointing weapons at people as much as they do.  And it sure is shaping up to sound like the cop that shot Brown was firmly in the wrong.  But at this point we have a pretty severe breakdown of civil society, and in the context of that breakdown, I can see both the tactical need, and the moral justification for giving police sharpshooters very clear cut ROE (defend victims, not Ruby Ridge) and allowing them to set up overwatch and OP's and vector other forces in.  Doing so with scoped precision rifles makes sense (you can collect info for vectoring, and if needed go to engagement).  Yes, it's a more offensive role then LEO's normally take.

Obviously at the end of the civil unrest such practices should be curtailed.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »
Driving cross country with family tomorrow.  Will be upgrading defenses and not going near Chicago
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I