Author Topic: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!  (Read 83144 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« Reply #225 on: August 16, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »
The results of Jesse Jackson asking for donations from the looters protestors.

http://twitchy.com/2014/08/16/in-ferguson-jesse-jackson-reportedly-booed-after-asking-crowd-for-donations/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #226 on: August 16, 2014, 09:18:13 PM »
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2014, 12:01:30 AM »
One wonders what the point was of bringing in the Highway Patrol.

Evidentially to observe.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2014, 12:27:07 AM »
"Johnson assured those at the news conference that police would not enforce the curfew with armored trucks and tear gas but would communicate with protesters and give them ample opportunity to leave. Nixon and Johnson were flanked by numerous local elected officials, including U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay Jr., who urged Johnson to be flexible with the midnight curfew."
From :http://woodtv.com/2014/08/16/emergency-declared-curfew-imposed-in-ferguson/

"On Friday night, Greg Thomas didn’t see the familiar faces of protesters who have taken to the streets each night this week. Instead, he saw new people, younger, more eager for a confrontation with police. The 28-year-old former Marine said he left as quickly as he could when he heard people talking about getting their handguns.

“There’s three agendas out there,” Thomas said. “People who want to party, people who want to be martyrs and get killed by police, and the people here to protest.”"

"Nixon said the U.S. Department of Justice is beefing up its civil rights investigation of the shooting."

I realize that the timelines are a bit off but does anyone else get a strange,deja vu creepy feeling when reading an article from 2014 including the names Nixon,Johnson,& the Black Panthers.And then Justice Department and civil rights investigation?
It's almost like a bad Hollywood re-make joke.
jeff w

I like onions!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2014, 12:34:52 AM »
"Johnson assured those at the news conference that police would not enforce the curfew with armored trucks and tear gas but would communicate with protesters and give them ample opportunity to leave. Nixon and Johnson were flanked by numerous local elected officials, including U.S. Rep. William Lacy Clay Jr., who urged Johnson to be flexible with the midnight curfew."
From :http://woodtv.com/2014/08/16/emergency-declared-curfew-imposed-in-ferguson/
s

What the hell is the point of the curfew if they are going to be really soft with it...

"On Friday night, Greg Thomas didn’t see the familiar faces of protesters who have taken to the streets each night this week. Instead, he saw new people, younger, more eager for a confrontation with police. The 28-year-old former Marine said he left as quickly as he could when he heard people talking about getting their handguns.

“There’s three agendas out there,” Thomas said. “People who want to party, people who want to be martyrs and get killed by police, and the people here to protest.”"

Smart dude here. Unass the AO when trouble is brewing. He's pretty much nailed it.
"Nixon said the U.S. Department of Justice is beefing up its civil rights investigation of the shooting."

I realize that the timelines are a bit off but does anyone else get a strange,deja vu creepy feeling when reading an article from 2014 including the names Nixon,Johnson,& the Black Panthers.And then Justice Department and civil rights investigation?

No *expletive deleted*it. It's sounding like some of the bad times from the '60s/70s out there
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2014, 01:09:16 AM »

The governor did not handle himself well in the news conference.

He was either petrified or stupid.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2014, 01:29:02 AM »
The governor did not handle himself well in the news conference.

He was either petrified or stupid.

Too bad this couldn't have happened on his first term, and maybe helped us get rid of him sooner.

Here's what's been going on since the curfew went into effect. Or didn't.  ;/

http://www.reddit.com/live/tdrph3y49ftn/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2014, 01:53:45 AM »

Too bad this couldn't have happened on his first term, and maybe helped us get rid of him sooner.

Here's what's been going on since the curfew went into effect. Or didn't.  ;/

http://www.reddit.com/live/tdrph3y49ftn/

Yea, I'm watching CCN's live feed.

Lot of tear gas - they just need to arrest these clowns.

ETA smoke not gas.....yet.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2014, 09:53:11 AM »
So I just read a story that had a very short, almost aside, that the feds tried to stop the release of the robbery footage. Why try to suppress key evidence? I have a good idea why of course, but am hoping Joe Average American begins to ask the question as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2014, 10:24:53 AM »
Are cigars on the back to school shoplifting list now  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2014, 10:40:17 AM »
Which is it?

Using optics to get a closer look, or using optics to aim (as in select and prepare to shoot)?

Will you next be calling out hunters that use their rifle-mounted scopes to check out the terrain looking to see if they can spot whatever it is they'd like to hunt (you know, aim at, shoot, and kill)?

What, if any, difference is there between the cops and "overwatch" teams in Afghanistan?  Neither is glassing the area with the intent of shooting everything that comes into their field of view.  (And I understand the cops have much stricter ROE that the folks in the 'Stan.)

stay safe.

As a hunter, (and if you watch any hunting TV show), you use your bino's to get a closer view, identify your target, your NEVER use your firearm's scope for that purpose (Rule #2).  We also stress this in Hunter Safety Ed.

And the difference between the cops and an "Overwatch" Team in Afghanistan is that THE POLICE ARE NOT AT WAR WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.  Or at least they should not be.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:50:22 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2014, 10:45:58 AM »
Are cigars on the back to school shoplifting list now  ???

Cigar boxes.
"It's good, though..."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2014, 11:25:08 AM »
So I just read a story that had a very short, almost aside, that the feds tried to stop the release of the robbery footage. Why try to suppress key evidence? I have a good idea why of course, but am hoping Joe Average American begins to ask the question as well.

Because it shows a hulking brown shaking a little store clerk like a terrier shakes a rat?

The image of Michael Brown the feds, the race baiters, and the media wants you to see:

Yes, that is pulled straight off the NAACP web site.

I don't know about you, but an innocent looking 12 y.o. boy didn't rob that store.

And the snow job appears to have worked, because it looks like most of America believes it's the innocent kid walking down the street who was GUNNED DOWN by the RRRRRRAAACCCCCCIIIIIISSSSSTTTTTT EEEEEVVIIIILLLLL JBT...when the truth is quite a bit *expletive deleted*ing different.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2014, 11:28:42 AM »
A pouring rain hit the area shortly before midnight. It had rained off and on throughout the evening, but the midnight storms almost seemed providential. Police lights flashed across the wet pavement. Officers, already soaked, stood in their places.

Well, I did pray that it would rain last night.  =)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2014, 12:27:02 PM »
As a hunter, (and if you watch any hunting TV show), you use your bino's to get a closer view, identify your target, your NEVER use your firearm's scope for that purpose (Rule #2).  We also stress this in Hunter Safety Ed.

And the difference between the cops and an "Overwatch" Team in Afghanistan is that THE POLICE ARE NOT AT WAR WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.  Or at least they should not be.

Agreed.

Except -

Police are not issued binos.  They are "forced" to use what they have.

Cops are never trained on the Four Rules (or so it seems).  Hunter Safety Ed. is not on the Academy curriculum.

Who says the cops are not at war with the American citizens?  Have you read the stuff coming out of DHS and the Fusion Centers, or on some of the cop boards?  Officer Krupke does not help Granny across the street any more because he's convinced she is wearing a suicide vest, just like he's antciptating that you are going to ignite your car bomb when he comes up to hand you your citation for going three miles over the speed limit.*

I don't agree with what's going on.  I just call them like I see them.

stay safe.

* - It's getting seriously serious out there.  The county PD here has made it official (as in a disciplinary issue) that cops will wait for backup before approaching any vehicle they stop after dark, or any vehicle already on the side of the road regardless of time of day.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2014, 02:18:42 PM »
http://twitchy.com/2014/08/17/speechless-you-wont-believe-what-huffpo-journo-arrested-in-ferguson-thought-were-rubber-bullets-photo/

:rofl:

You laugh (so did I), but these are the numbskulls that somehow feel qualified to write about firearms issues, and are taken at their word by a whole hoard of other numbskulls who, sadly, vote.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »
Who says the cops are not at war with the American citizens?  Have you read the stuff coming out of DHS and the Fusion Centers, or on some of the cop boards?  Officer Krupke does not help Granny across the street any more because he's convinced she is wearing a suicide vest, just like he's antciptating that you are going to ignite your car bomb when he comes up to hand you your citation for going three miles over the speed limit.

You're being sarcastic, right? Right?

I believe that was sarcasm. Can anyone confirm?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:34:13 PM by fistful »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2014, 09:41:12 PM »
Because it shows a hulking brown shaking a little store clerk like a terrier shakes a rat?

The image of Michael Brown the feds, the race baiters, and the media wants you to see:

Yes, that is pulled straight off the NAACP web site.

I don't know about you, but an innocent looking 12 y.o. boy didn't rob that store.

And the snow job appears to have worked, because it looks like most of America believes it's the innocent kid walking down the street who was GUNNED DOWN by the RRRRRRAAACCCCCCIIIIIISSSSSTTTTTT EEEEEVVIIIILLLLL JBT...when the truth is quite a bit *expletive deleted* different.

That's from the same playbook thjey used in the Trayvon Martin shooting. All the photos we saw of poor little Trayvon were from years ago, when he was about 12. They didn't want us to know he was taller and more muscular than poor George.

Same deal here. In that security video, Brown towers over the store clerk, and he looks pretty husky on top of that. I wouldn't want to go mano a mano with him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2014, 09:42:43 PM »
Would be nice to get that information from a non-malignant web site  :mad:

??

I saw that article, too. What's malignant about the site?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »
??

I saw that article, too. What's malignant about the site?
Well, it locked up one browser, and another browser said it was a phishing attack  =(