Author Topic: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!  (Read 83154 times)

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
Re: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »
Well, it locked up one browser, and another browser said it was a phishing attack  =(
Your browsers are choking on dog hair.The linky worked for me too.
jeff w

I like onions!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2014, 10:53:24 PM »
Your browsers are choking on dog hair.The linky worked for me too.
Tried it again and was finally able to read it, but thirty minutes later it was still downloading *expletive deleted*it.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2014, 11:28:13 PM »
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2014, 12:50:15 AM »
Justice for Michael Brown

(See?  He's got his hands up.)
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2014, 03:04:22 AM »
Sigh: more shenanigans this morning, it seems.

"Remember that business we were planning to open in Ferguson, like, ever?"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2014, 06:35:39 AM »
"Independent" autopsy report released says he was shot at least 6 times, 2 of which were in the head and none appeared to be from close range.

Also the National Guard has been ordered in since last night.  Going to get real interesting now.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2014, 07:14:04 AM »
"Independent" autopsy report released says he was shot at least 6 times, 2 of which were in the head and none appeared to be from close range.

Also the National Guard has been ordered in since last night.  Going to get real interesting now.

4 shots hit him in the arm, and 1 "on the top of the head, possibly indicating he was falling forward."  Nothing on where  the 6th shot went.

Several years ago Force Science Institute did detailed research to try and explain why suspects that cops swore were facing them ended up being shot in the back.  They came up with a logical, repeatable explanation based on the time it takes for the body to respond to a decision to stop pulling the trigger and how fast a subject can turn.  IIRC several cops have been exonerated, based on that research, of charges of shooting a suspect in the back.

So the National Guard has arrived.  I hope they have spent the previous week practicing their civil disturbance control drills.  My big question - will they get hickory sticks or is some genius going to try to have them intimidate a crowd with M-4s with sheathed bayonnets attached? (Can you stick a bayonet on the end of an M-4?)  Can you actually do a vertical butt stroke with an M-4 that does not break off the collapsable stock?

(For the MLK, Jr. memorial festivities we had M-14s and some supply sergeant (may he never run out of cold beer) found long-style M-1 bayonets for us to stick on the end. =D  Also, for the curious, we had a full magazine in the magazine pouch and not even Baby Jeebus would have been able to save the Marine that locked and loaded without an actual written order, to him by name, rank, and serial number, firmly in hand.)

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2014, 07:21:47 AM »
4 shots hit him in the arm, and 1 "on the top of the head, possibly indicating he was falling forward."  Nothing on where  the 6th shot went.

Several years ago Force Science Institute did detailed research to try and explain why suspects that cops swore were facing them ended up being shot in the back.  They came up with a logical, repeatable explanation based on the time it takes for the body to respond to a decision to stop pulling the trigger and how fast a subject can turn.  IIRC several cops have been exonerated, based on that research, of charges of shooting a suspect in the back.

The fancy M.E. brought in by the family has said that all shots went into the front. And the 6th shot was right in the eyeball.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2014, 08:32:16 AM »
So then they are calling their sons friend a liar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2014, 09:58:54 AM »
Interesting. I saw the head shot described as "possibly bent forward", which can be a completely different context than "falling" over, depending on if there are any powder burns.

Not sure if the Highway Patrol captain is helping or hurting:

Earlier in the day, Johnson said he had met members of Brown's family and the experience "brought tears to my eyes and shame to my heart."
"When this is over," he told the crowd, "I'm going to go in my son's room. My black son, who wears his pants sagging, who wears his hat cocked to the side, got tattoos on his arms, but that's my baby."
Johnson added: "We all need to thank the Browns for Michael. Because Michael's going to make it better for our sons to be better black men."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/18/private-autopsy-on-michael-brown-reveals-that-was-shot-six-times-report-says/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #260 on: August 18, 2014, 10:05:48 AM »
Interesting. I saw the head shot described as "possibly bent forward", which can be a completely different context than "falling" over, depending on if there are any powder burns.

Especially if, as apparently confirmed by the accidental recording of witness statements, Brown was bum rushing the officer. Brown was a big, hulking guy, so if the officer was small and Brown was rushing him it's very likely that Brown's head would have been down rather than looking at the birds overhead.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »
I'm only armchair quarterbacking, but I think looting is exactly when you go in and break some heads. I've never understood the concept of "letting them do it so they can blow off steam". It's a disgusting behavior that requires a strong response - regardless of the circumstances surrounding it.

Exactly; letting them get away with it just leads to them seeing how far they can push the limit.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #262 on: August 18, 2014, 10:27:36 AM »
Police are not issued binos.  They are "forced" to use what they have.

$30 at WalMart.  Less than the cost of a good evening at the bar.  (Or in the patrol car, depending on the department.)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #263 on: August 18, 2014, 10:27:52 AM »
MO Lt. Gov. was on Fox News, ripping the Gov. several new ones over the responses (and lack of responses) to date.

Are the Lt. Gov. and Gov. of different political parties?

Is the Lt. Gov. gearing up for a race against a more-favored-in-the-polls opponent in the next election for the Gov. slot?

Very strange to hear the #2 guy tearing into/tearing down the #1 guy.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #264 on: August 18, 2014, 10:34:07 AM »
$30 at WalMart.  Less than the cost of a good evening at the bar.  (Or in the patrol car, depending on the department.)

Citizens get all bent out of shape when they hear that teachers have to buy their own classroom supplies.  But you are suggesting that the cops go out and buy their own equipment?

Or are you suggesting that they cut a few purchase orders and then get ripped for not opening up competitive bidding, or for "wasting" the taxpayers' dollars on cheap stuff that's not even made in the USA?

My previous comment on this was made to note the reality of the situation, not to open discusion of what could be if somebody (anybody) was actually thinking ahead.  But I do appreciate yur opening up the dialog; now we can discuss all the you-may-only-need-this-once-in-a-lifetime stuff that the police do/do not saddle their officers with.

stay safe.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #265 on: August 18, 2014, 10:49:17 AM »
Especially if, as apparently confirmed by the accidental recording of witness statements, Brown was bum rushing the officer. Brown was a big, hulking guy, so if the officer was small and Brown was rushing him it's very likely that Brown's head would have been down rather than looking at the birds overhead.

Considering that the White House and Holder/DOJ were directly pressuring to try and stop the release of the convenience store footage that shows a lot of information that's not so good for the SJW/Protestor/Rioter side of this, that Brown was GINORMOUS, and VIOLENT, one handedly throttling and pushing the clerk over as he left the store...

It's kind of a waste of time to go over stuff like the autopsy report or the new eye-witness recordings, unless we're interested in comforting ourselves. It won't change a thing.

Brown could have been on live TV, with a black child held hostage, and been shot by a black police officer, and if the "community" wanted to get upset over it, protest/riot/loot, they would have.
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #266 on: August 18, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »
Citizens get all bent out of shape when they hear that teachers have to buy their own classroom supplies.

We get bent out of shape when the students are forced to provide a good percentage of the teachers' supplies. 

But you are suggesting that the cops go out and buy their own equipment?

Mechanics are often expected to provide their own tools.  I suppose we could do it like the teachers, and require the convicts to buy the cops' supplies.

"Upon conviction, you will be required to provide two boxes of snot rags, 63 sharpened #2 pencils, and a pair of binoculars as a condition of admission to the jail."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #267 on: August 18, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »
"Upon conviction, you will be required to provide two boxes of snot rags, 63 sharpened #2 pencils, and a pair of binoculars as a condition of admission to the jail."

We already have massive problems with asset forfeiture laws. The last thing I want to see is an incentive to arrest people for misdemeanors to get free stuff. It would be like a law enforcement EBT.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #268 on: August 18, 2014, 11:24:53 AM »
Considering that the White House and Holder/DOJ were directly pressuring to try and stop the release of the convenience store footage that shows a lot of information that's not so good for the SJW/Protestor/Rioter side of this, that Brown was GINORMOUS, and VIOLENT, one handedly throttling and pushing the clerk over as he left the store...

It's kind of a waste of time to go over stuff like the autopsy report or the new eye-witness recordings, unless we're interested in comforting ourselves. It won't change a thing.

Brown could have been on live TV, with a black child held hostage, and been shot by a black police officer, and if the "community" wanted to get upset over it, protest/riot/loot, they would have.

I haven't seen this, do you have a link?

Also, there were reports that sopme of the cops had SAWs. Anyone seen pictures of that, and can link?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #269 on: August 18, 2014, 11:31:11 AM »
If Obama had a son, he would be a 6-6 300# drug crazed thieving maniac  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2014, 11:36:35 AM »
I haven't seen this, do you have a link?

Also, there were reports that sopme of the cops had SAWs. Anyone seen pictures of that, and can link?

I'm not AJ, but this story is breaking:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/18/youtube-video-captures-purported-witness-backing-police-version-in-ferguson/

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
We already have massive problems with asset forfeiture laws. The last thing I want to see is an incentive to arrest people for misdemeanors to get free stuff. It would be like a law enforcement EBT.

They already have that, in the guise of "traffic enforcement."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
They already have that, in the guise of "traffic enforcement."

This is true.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »
I'm not AJ, but this story is breaking:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/18/youtube-video-captures-purported-witness-backing-police-version-in-ferguson/

And all the people who immediately discounted all eye witness testimony tending to exonerate Brown immediately accept this as gospel truth.  ;/

Also, good analysis as usual from the folks at Popehat.

http://www.popehat.com/2014/08/17/lawsplainer-how-mike-browns-alleged-robbery-of-a-liquor-store-matters-and-how-it-doesnt/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2014, 11:59:12 AM »
And all the people who immediately discounted all eye witness testimony tending to exonerate Brown immediately accept this as gospel truth.  ;/

Also, good analysis as usual from the folks at Popehat.

http://www.popehat.com/2014/08/17/lawsplainer-how-mike-browns-alleged-robbery-of-a-liquor-store-matters-and-how-it-doesnt/

Hey, I just posted a link, not my opinion.

I haven't seen anyone accept it "as gospel truth", just as more possible information and another possibility. There's plenty of other evidence emerging to show this might not be what it was originally reported as. I was leaning towards "bad shoot" the first day. Not so much now.