Author Topic: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!  (Read 83162 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2014, 12:05:44 PM »
Hey, I just posted a link, not my opinion.

I haven't seen anyone accept it "as gospel truth", just as more possible information and another possibility. There's plenty of other evidence emerging to show this might not be what it was originally reported as. I was leaning towards "bad shoot" the first day. Not so much now.

Oh, not a commentary on you just about the badge sniffing contingent. They whine about people not getting all the evidence or believing eyewitnesses who claim the cops acted badly, but take anything that might tend to justify the cops as obvious truth (even when it's from the same sort of person that they entirely discounted before).

"5 eyewitnesses claim it was a bad shoot."
"Pish, all these ghetto black folks lie about the cops."
"Oh, here's one person that may or may not have actually been there who says something that, if you interpret it right, might make it a justified shoot."
"SEE, I TOLD YOU! PROOF IT WAS A GOOD SHOOT!"

I wish I was exaggerating that.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »
Oh, not a commentary on you just about the badge sniffing contingent. They whine about people not getting all the evidence or believing eyewitnesses who claim the cops acted badly, but take anything that might tend to justify the cops as obvious truth (even when it's from the same sort of person that they entirely discounted before).

"5 eyewitnesses claim it was a bad shoot."
"Pish, all these ghetto black folks lie about the cops."
"Oh, here's one person that may or may not have actually been there who says something that, if you interpret it right, might make it a justified shoot."
"SEE, I TOLD YOU! PROOF IT WAS A GOOD SHOOT!"

I wish I was exaggerating that.

I wish you were as well.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2014, 12:48:59 PM »
It's kind of amusing in a sad way to me, how many folks decide it's a good shoot based solely on the fact that a cop was the shooter, who reject any eye witness or even video recording that makes it appear to be a bad shoot (because "they all lie about the cops" or "we don't really know what's going on in that video"), and then self righteously bitch about the protesters assuming it was a bad shoot without waiting for all the evidence.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »
Balog,
Who are the badge sniffers that have called it a good shoot from the beginning based solely on the profession of the shooter or the race of the victim?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2014, 01:20:57 PM »
Funny thing is no one that I have heard has come forward, other than the other guy involved with the robbery, to say they actually saw the shooting.  Plenty of, "I heard the shots," but I have missed it if there are any actual eyewitnesses to everything that happened.  If so I would have bet money that video would have been all over youtube instantly of a "bad" shoot.

I mean if I'm outside and observe the po-po going after an innocent person, I'm going to record it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2014, 01:30:33 PM »
Balog,
Who are the badge sniffers that have called it a good shoot from the beginning based solely on the profession of the shooter or the race of the victim?

I haven't seen anyone on this forum who'd fit that description, but I was ordered by a mod to place APS' resident apologist on ignore so I have no idea if he's been saying that or not.

But on the larger gun forums, there are plenty of folks who fit that description. I suppose I could start quoting usernames from other sites, but I don't think that'd really accomplish anything.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2014, 01:49:19 PM »
I haven't seen anyone on this forum who'd fit that description, but I was ordered by a mod to place APS' resident apologist on ignore so I have no idea if he's been saying that or not.

He's been reasonably quiet on this one.  (I assume I know who yur talking about)
I'd never put him on ignore because he brings up annoyingly good points sometimes, and he helps keep the place from turning into an echo chamber.
"It's good, though..."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »
Sorry, I misunderstood what group you were referring to.

I didn't realize our ignore feature blocked posts.  Where do you go to enable that?  The only solution I've found was one that blocks PMs.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2014, 01:54:51 PM »
He's been reasonably quiet on this one.  (I assume I know who yur talking about)
I'd never put him on ignore because he brings up annoyingly good points sometimes, and he helps keep the place from turning into an echo chamber.

/shrug

I didn't really have a choice.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #284 on: August 18, 2014, 02:23:59 PM »
I am informed I bear a strong resemblance to the officer in question. Of course, that was after I took that drive past the burned-out QuikTrip, yesterday.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #285 on: August 18, 2014, 02:50:37 PM »
WaPo chimes in - Brown had marijuana in his system.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/18/county-investigation-michael-brown-was-shot-from-the-front-had-marijuana-in-his-system/

The calls for drug testing of the officer are mildly amusing.  IF there was a "decent" Officer Involved Shooting policy in place that would have been done.  If it was skipped/not part of policy it will become a Major Issue when the fact becomes public.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #286 on: August 18, 2014, 02:58:47 PM »
Twitchy goes all atwitter about Obama and his advisors not knowing that the MO Nat. Guard was being deployed until they read about it in the news.

Why does anybody think the MO Gov. needs/needed/ought to/should have notified the White House of the decision?

(If for no other reason than Obama has not said (as of yet, anyway) that if he had a son he would be Michael Brown.)

No.  That was mean, nasty, and cruel.  I really should not have said that.  I'm going to sit in the corner and think about what I did.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #287 on: August 18, 2014, 03:02:42 PM »
Twitchy goes all atwitter about Obama and his advisors not knowing that the MO Nat. Guard was being deployed until they read about it in the news.

Poor cell reception at the golf course?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #288 on: August 18, 2014, 03:05:58 PM »
WaPo chimes in - Brown had marijuana in his system.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/18/county-investigation-michael-brown-was-shot-from-the-front-had-marijuana-in-his-system/

The calls for drug testing of the officer are mildly amusing.  IF there was a "decent" Officer Involved Shooting policy in place that would have been done.  If it was skipped/not part of policy it will become a Major Issue when the fact becomes public.

stay safe.

I would bet a years worth of my pay that the first stop for any officer involved in any shooting is a place to pee in a cup.

Notice that Obama returned early from his vacation to deal with this and other things.  The humorous part was it appeared one of the daughters returned with him and as they were exiting Marine One she was left carrying the baggage.  A few steps into it he returned to help her.  :rofl:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #289 on: August 18, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
I would bet a years worth of my pay that the first stop for any officer involved in any shooting is a place to pee in a cup.

Notice that Obama returned early from his vacation to deal with this and other things.

Hopefully, he'll be holding the cup.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #290 on: August 18, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »
I am informed I bear a strong resemblance to the officer in question. Of course, that was after I took that drive past the burned-out QuikTrip, yesterday.

Then it really is all your fault  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2014, 05:42:33 PM »

Worker's comp's first step is usually to pee in a cup.

OSIs are treated in much the same manner, drug screen, medical checkout, documentation, etc. Covering the bases.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:06:29 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2014, 06:36:06 PM »
Funny thing is no one that I have heard has come forward, other than the other guy involved with the robbery, to say they actually saw the shooting.  Plenty of, "I heard the shots," but I have missed it if there are any actual eyewitnesses to everything that happened.  If so I would have bet money that video would have been all over youtube instantly of a "bad" shoot.

I just read an article citing a video shot shortly after the incident. The videographer is heard saying something like, "They just shot him when his hands were up." Then he was asked, and it turns out he didn't see it happen at all, he was just regurgitating what "they" said. Meanwhile, his camera picked up an off-camera conversation in which an actual eyewitness (in other words, someone who actually saw what happened) said Brown charged the officer.

The Brown apologists can't even get their stories straight. Some claim he was running away, others claim he was standing there with his hands up. All six bullet wounds were from the front, so he clearly wasn't running away. Beyond that ... let the investigation take its course.

One other nagging thought: I haven't seen a single article or a single video of a newscast where Brown's physical size has been mentioned. Or the police officer's. From that rather poor security video of the robbery, Brown appeared to be what the novelists might describe as a "hulking brute of a man." He sure wasn't any little boy-child. But I suppose pointing that out would be racist.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:42:13 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #293 on: August 18, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »
There's quite the interest for this on my side of the Atlantic too. Leading leftist fishwrapper/gossip tabloid used the word "executed" after it was revealed he didn't get shot in the back. Good to know they are psychic and knew exactly what happened.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #294 on: August 18, 2014, 07:52:34 PM »
There's quite the interest for this on my side of the Atlantic too. Leading leftist fishwrapper/gossip tabloid used the word "executed" after it was revealed he didn't get shot in the back. Good to know they are psychic and knew exactly what happened.

What I got from the first witness's now discredited story was that after the struggle at the car, they both ran.  Brown was shot again (this would be in the back, but possibly in the arm or leg) and put his hands up and turned around to surrender.  Then the officer shot him several more times, killing him  These shot would have been in the front and in the head.

If Brown really surrendered, it was an execution.  If he rushed the officer, it was justified self defense.  I don't think there's much gray area -- it was either black or white. (sorry!)
"It's good, though..."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #295 on: August 18, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »
Maybe I missed the earlier announcements, but the evening news told me the MO NG will be there only to protect the police command center.

:facepalm:

And apparently I have missed the announcements that the crowds had stormed the command center on previous nights.

Apparently I have a perverse machocistic need to follow this circus.

stay safe.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #296 on: August 18, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
Not sure the actually stormed it but did attack it.  Baby steps with the NG.  Plus the curfew has been lifted.

Going to be an interesting night.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #297 on: August 18, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »
Maybe I missed the earlier announcements, but the evening news told me the MO NG will be there only to protect the police command center.

:facepalm:

And apparently I have missed the announcements that the crowds had stormed the command center on previous nights.

Apparently I have a perverse machocistic need to follow this circus.

stay safe.

The NG will not be allowed to go up against the rioters. Can't have the RRRRAACCCCIIISSSSTTTT WHITE military putting down "peaceful protesters" after all.

Actually, pretty much the people that would solve a riot in a heartbeat either will not be allowed to go up against the rioters or will not be allowed to use the force necessary. The cops shooting some teargas, smoke, and earplugs are about as good as it's going to get.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #298 on: August 18, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »
Questions always seem to get raised as to why their are never any "black" cops when *expletive deleted*it like this goes down.  Well the State Trooper that was put in charge is black and to take it a step further, how many black men or women apply that can pass the test and be accepted into an academy.  If you aren't willing to put up, shut up.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2014, 12:39:41 AM »
The NG will not be allowed to go up against the rioters. Can't have the RRRRAACCCCIIISSSSTTTT WHITE military putting down "peaceful protesters" after all.

??? Did the military purge its brown people while I wasn't paying attention?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife