Author Topic: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!  (Read 83167 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« Reply #325 on: August 20, 2014, 02:56:06 PM »
WOW!  The guy was walking through a crowd of people with his rifle to his shoulder, head on a swivel, looking for targets.  These were not accidental muzzle sweeps, these were intentional.  It makes those long gun open carriers look pretty damn responsible!

It is one potential downside to the "de-militarization of the police" movement that's gaining ground.  "If the cops can't have these firearms, why should the average citizenry be able to?" could become a rallying cry for the anti-RKBA side.
I promise not to duck.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #326 on: August 20, 2014, 03:08:17 PM »
I thought gun envy was a big part of the anti militarization movement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #327 on: August 20, 2014, 03:11:33 PM »
Just finished reading the report on FoxNews.com in regards to the injuries Officer Wilson sustained and I will applaud him in regards to having a fractured orbital socket and still place 6 shots on a rushing target.

Like I said in an earlier post, bet he went to the range more than once a year.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #328 on: August 20, 2014, 03:26:34 PM »
Just finished reading the report on FoxNews.com in regards to the injuries Officer Wilson sustained and I will applaud him in regards to having a fractured orbital socket and still place 6 shots on a rushing target.

Amen. Looks perhaps Brown may have lost the "I'ma stomp you!" lottery.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #329 on: August 20, 2014, 03:30:34 PM »
Sometimes folks learn being big doesn't work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #330 on: August 20, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »

All irrelevant. Good for Wilson personally of course, but irrelevant in the larger scope. The narrative and political lines have been drawn on this and like I've stated earlier, live video of Brown holding a black girl hostage with a knife to her throat, being shot by a black officer wouldn't change anything now, or even enrage the protesters/rioters/looters that someone was trying to character assassinate Brown.

And on top of that, Wilson being exonerated due to his injuries is also just going to inflame the mob. The whole situation is bigger than Wilson or Brown or the facts at this point and have been for over a week now.
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #331 on: August 20, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
Better video of Officer Fatty McGofckyourself muzzling errybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jx3WLnt6Q8
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #332 on: August 20, 2014, 04:44:12 PM »
Better video of Officer Fatty McGofckyourself muzzling errybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jx3WLnt6Q8

I tell ya, the reason we trust LEOs with all that potent hardware is professionalism.  You just can't get that sort of muzzle-humping behavior at every public shooting range or gun shop.  No siree!.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #333 on: August 20, 2014, 04:47:47 PM »
Here are some things I think I would do, if I were in charge, after declaring martial law in Ferguson, and nearby areas, as necessary.

1. Anyone arrested who happened to be from out of state would be returned to their last known address. If no address is supplied, we take you to Chicago.

2. Starting at 5pm, any group larger than 10 people, on streets, sidewalks, or parking lots, is arrested, and held for 24 hrs. Rule 1 may apply.

3. There would be some attempt at monitoring traffic into the city limits, perhaps with checkpoints, and/or checking local flop houses.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #334 on: August 20, 2014, 04:53:44 PM »
All irrelevant. Good for Wilson personally of course, but irrelevant in the larger scope. The narrative and political lines have been drawn on this and like I've stated earlier, live video of Brown holding a black girl hostage with a knife to her throat, being shot by a black officer wouldn't change anything now, or even enrage the protesters/rioters/looters that someone was trying to character assassinate Brown.

And on top of that, Wilson being exonerated due to his injuries is also just going to inflame the mob. The whole situation is bigger than Wilson or Brown or the facts at this point and have been for over a week now.

I explained to my wife that a large contingent of the rioters and their supporters don't care whether the police officer is innocent. In fact, they would prefer that he be innocent and sent to jail.

Many of these believe that since innocent black men have been sent to jail unjustly in the past, innocent whites need to be sent to jail as "payback."

They don't care that those innocents had nothing to do with jailing the black men in the past. All they care about is evening the score.

So, you are entirely correct. They want revenge. They don't particularly care if the people they take revenge on actually harmed their ancestors.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #335 on: August 20, 2014, 04:58:49 PM »
1. Anyone arrested who happened to be from out of state would be returned to their last known address. If no address is supplied, we take you to Chicago.

The one in South Africa, right?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #336 on: August 20, 2014, 06:02:43 PM »
The one in South Africa, right?

No, the one in Ebolastan.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #337 on: August 20, 2014, 06:38:29 PM »
I keep checking on the evening's/morning's events in Ferguson, and it's the same every night. A "protest" turns into a riot. At this point, anyone out on the street demonstrating at night is part of the problem. The protests need to stop, and should be stopped by force. At night, anyway. Protest your heart out every day, but your right to assemble ends where other people's property gets destroyed.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:47:48 PM by fistful »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #338 on: August 20, 2014, 08:18:13 PM »
I keep checking on the evening's/morning's events in Ferguson, and it's the same every night. A "protest" turns into a riot. At this point, anyone out on the street demonstrating at night is part of the problem. The protests need to stop, and should be stopped by force. At night, anyway. Protest your heart out every day, but your right to assemble ends where other people's property gets destroyed.

I have absolutely zero problem with peaceful protests on public property. 

The minute they turn into riots, it's time to *expletive deleted*ck some shitheads up.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #339 on: August 20, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »
It is one potential downside to the "de-militarization of the police" movement that's gaining ground.  "If the cops can't have these firearms, why should the average citizenry be able to?" could become a rallying cry for the anti-RKBA side.
Seems to me that a AR is just the tool to have when the city is burning and mobs are rioting.  That goes for cops and regular Joes alike.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:36:12 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #340 on: August 20, 2014, 08:34:03 PM »
I have absolutely zero problem with peaceful protests on public property. 

The minute they turn into riots, it's time to *expletive deleted* some shitheads up.

This is fine. When the protests in a particular place predictably become riots EVERY time the sun goes down, and the cops seem barely able to handle it, then I want heads busted preemptively. It makes sense.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #341 on: August 20, 2014, 08:35:06 PM »
I explained to my wife that a large contingent of the rioters and their supporters don't care whether the police officer is innocent. In fact, they would prefer that he be innocent and sent to jail.

Many of these believe that since innocent black men have been sent to jail unjustly in the past, innocent whites need to be sent to jail as "payback."

They don't care that those innocents had nothing to do with jailing the black men in the past. All they care about is evening the score.

So, you are entirely correct. They want revenge. They don't particularly care if the people they take revenge on actually harmed their ancestors.
Indeed.  We don't know how the original shooting went down.  There hasn't been much of any solid evidence published yet.  The rioters don't know what happened, and they don't care.  They just want to riot.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #342 on: August 20, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »
Seems to me that a AR is just the tool to have when the city is burning and mobs are rioting.  That goes for cops and regular Joes alike.

Goodness, gracious, no.

If you cannot get an M-1 with the original long bayonet, then an M-14 will do.  You need the solidity of wood for vertical butt strokes, and a good connection between stock and barrel for slashes that land on collarbones.  Trust me on this - I speak from experience. 

The original plastic poodle shooter tended to break apart at the point where the barrel assembly met the received.  The newer versions break there and/or at the collapsible stock.  Neither version has the reach or the heft to do anything much. 

Heck, you might as well just issue 38-inch hickor riot batons.  (Although I here the polypropolene ones are also adequate.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #343 on: August 21, 2014, 06:46:40 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/21/holder-says-understands-mistrust-police-as-ferguson-protests-dwindle/

While in Ferguson, Holder met with federal officials investigating the case, as well as Brown's parents. He also met with Missouri Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson, who has been in charge of security in Ferguson for nearly a week. The National Guard is also helping to keep the peace.

Why didn't he go meet with Officer Wilson and/or his family?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #344 on: August 21, 2014, 07:10:11 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/21/holder-says-understands-mistrust-police-as-ferguson-protests-dwindle/

Why didn't he go meet with Officer Wilson and/or his family?

I'm going to hope that said meeting was kept confidential, for the Wilsons' safety. I can hope, right?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:21:13 AM by fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #345 on: August 21, 2014, 07:20:17 AM »

The governor claims that his words do not prejudge the case. Risible, at best.

Second, a vigorous prosecution must now be pursued.

The democratically elected St. Louis County prosecutor and the Attorney General of the United States, each have a job to do. Their obligation to achieve justice in the shooting death of Michael Brown must be carried out thoroughly, promptly, and correctly; and I call upon them to meet those expectations.

Finally, once we have achieved peace in Ferguson and justice for the family of Michael Brown, we must remain committed to rebuilding the trust that has been lost, mending what has been broken, and healing the wounds we have endured.

This is hard. Nothing about this is simple. We won’t always get it right, but we’re going to keep trying.  Because Ferguson is a test, a test not just for the people of this community, but for all Americans.  And it is a test we must not fail.

Last week I met with and prayed with the mother of Michael Brown. She has lost a son who she can never bring back.  But what we can do is work together to ensure that Michael Brown’s death is not remembered as the tragedy that sparked a cycle of violence and distrust, but rather marks the beginning of a process of healing and reconciliation.

So I ask that we continue to stand together as we work to achieve justice for Michael Brown, restore hope and peace to the streets of Ferguson, and march together toward a future of greater opportunity and understanding for all of us.

http://governor.mo.gov/news/archive/message-gov-jay-nixon-about-situation-ferguson

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #346 on: August 21, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Anyone have a link to the video of the guy who was shot a couple days holding a knife? Saw it on CNN. Looked like it was a good shoot to me but the optics were HORRIBLE.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2014, 09:24:06 AM »
The governor claims that his words do not prejudge the case. Risible, at best.

http://governor.mo.gov/news/archive/message-gov-jay-nixon-about-situation-ferguson

Your governor, your fault. (duh)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #348 on: August 21, 2014, 09:33:31 AM »
This is fine. When the protests in a particular place predictably become riots EVERY time the sun goes down, and the cops seem barely able to handle it, then I want heads busted preemptively. It makes sense.

It's possible that police becoming violent with a crowd that is currently non-violent (preemptive head busting) might actually start a riot.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Re: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« Reply #349 on: August 21, 2014, 09:45:42 AM »
It's possible that police becoming violent with a crowd that is currently non-violent (preemptive head busting) might actually start a riot.
Not of they use enough violence.  Not advicating such but that is the case.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton