Author Topic: WTF?!?! Cardiac Colts Attempt ET's murder  (Read 2558 times)

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
WTF?!?! Cardiac Colts Attempt ET's murder
« on: October 01, 2006, 02:23:29 PM »
What the heck was that?  We can't even beat the spread on the Jets?  And have to pull it out after my 3d heart attack in the 4th quarter?  I know it's professional football and the lineman lost his brother down South, but the Jets?  The Jets?

Oh, come on, guys, did everyone decide to phone it in.  Grumble, grumble.

You can tell it's going to be a bad season when El Tejon is already publicly complaining and it's only Game 4.Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 03:26:17 PM »
I just saw the fourth quarter of Jacksonville/Washington. Pretty exciting. I have no idea what you are talking about though.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 06:18:36 PM »
Just be glad you're not a cheesehead. Sad
Andy

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 07:40:11 PM »
I have enjoyed this season, at least so far. bears are now 4-0. No one can claim the licking they gave the Seahawks tonight was a fluke, or just beating a bad team like the packers or Lions.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 03:27:59 AM »
El Tejon I am so with you on this one. I was listening to it on the radio while going out for sandwiches. We're inside the two minute warning and ahead so I'm thinking cool, I'll run in and grab the sandwiches and then catch the post game.

I get back in the truck and the announcer is saying we have to get a touchdown to be safe. I'm like WTF?! What happened?

I get home and my son relays the gory details.

I just saw the fourth quarter of Jacksonville/Washington. Pretty exciting. I have no idea what you are talking about though.
Here's a recap from this morning's Indy paper:

Colts had to score two touchdowns in the final 2 minutes, 34 seconds before the Indianapolis Colts could secure a 31-28 victory over the New York Jets...there was a 103-yard kickoff return by New York's Justin Miller -- the longest in Jets history and the longest ever allowed by the Colts -- that came with 2:20 remaining and trumped Manning's first comeback drive...Down 28-24 following Miller's dramatic return, Manning, once and for all, registered the 24th game-winning drive of his career...Manning completed 6-of-8 passes for 60 yards on the drive, including a 19-yarder to Marvin Harrison on third-and-6 from the Jets 35 and a 15-yarder to Reggie Wayne that produced a first-and-goal at the 1 with 1:13 remaining. On the next play, Manning followed Saturday into the end zone on a sneak.

The game concluded with the Jets in scoring range no timeouts for the Colts and something like 2 seconds on the clock. The Jets threw a lateral something like 8 times trying to get somebody open [it looked like Benny Hill was the offensive coordinator] and almost broke free before finally being tackled.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 03:46:47 AM »
Quote from: garrettwc
there was a 103-yard kickoff return by New York's Justin Miller
So that's what happened.  I saw Indy go up 24-21 with just about 2 minutes left and thought that would be the end of it.  I turned back to the Cowboys game during the post TD commercials, planning to go back for the kickoff.  I mwait about a minutes too long and go back to find the Colts down again and 1:40ish on the clock.  I still can't believe that the Colts let the Jets take it to them like that.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 10:44:34 AM »
Danny, yes, it was horrible!  It's like the entire team forgot to get motivated and thought they were playing an Indianapolis high school team or something.  Geez.

gar, yes the final series almost did me in.  I thought the Colts had forgotten how to tackle.  Geez.

Iain, sorry about the confusion but I was coming out of my 3d heart attack when I posted last night.Cheesy  It was a beautiful catch to end the Redskins/Spotted Kitties game.

I must now go walk the Canal and do some Taiji to get my blood pressure under the "explosion" range.Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 12:44:45 PM »
It was good catch. I'm starting to get into this game, I just prefer watching the highlights so the game happens at the sort of pace I'm used to.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 02:13:46 PM »
Quote from: cosine
Just be glad you're not a cheesehead. Sad
OR........from SE Michigan.  Sigh.... Sad
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 10:29:15 AM »
Gosh, I specifically remember somebody over here rubbing it in everyone's face about a year or so ago.  Sucks to be on the bottom, don't it.

!!!GO COWBOYS!!!

Greg

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 10:43:47 AM »
Mmmm, Colts won and are 4-0.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 10:50:32 AM »
You know what I like about the APS crowd?  We can talk sports if we want, but the rare sports thread attracts very little attention.  We recognize more interesting topics when we see 'em.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 10:52:47 AM »
Oh, fine, next you'll be telling me that Indiana University basketball is not important.  Or, maybe how boring you think the World Euchre Championships are!:D

I AM OFFENDED!!!:D

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 11:16:29 AM »
*gong sounds*

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 11:30:36 AM »
Quote from: fistful
You know what I like about the APS crowd?  We can talk sports if we want, but the rare sports thread attracts very little attention.  We recognize more interesting topics when we see 'em.
Okay fistful, you just crossed the line. Since when is football not an interesting topic? WTH!

*muttering under breath*      "commies..."      *shakes head*

Tongue
Andy

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 09:33:56 AM »
Quote from: El Tejon
Mmmm, Colts won and are 4-0.
So what the hell are you moaning about in your first post?  Relax, enjoy the game...it's just a game anyway, right?  One you have absolutely no reason to worry about.....unless you are a compulsive gambler.  If you are, I'd tell you to never, ever bet on your own team...you'll lose every time in the end.

Greg

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 10:14:15 AM »
*kicks rocks, shoves hands in pocket*

Of course, you're right, Greg, but the Colts should have won by several touchdowns.Cheesy

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 06:25:04 PM »
It's getting downright Machievellian at this point isn't it.

WTF was that?! Against the 0-4 flippin' Titans.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 03:00:56 AM »
Quote from: TarpleyG
!!!GO COWBOYS!!!
The Cowboys aren't going anywhere.  Not until they get rid of their has-been quarterback.  They've lost 2 games this season and he has been the main reason.  They should have signed Drew Brees when they had the chance.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 03:14:15 AM »
Must . . . control . . . anger.

The helpless 0-4 Titans!  The Colt must be playing out a conspiracy to kill El Tejon.

Ron

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 03:42:38 AM »
All I have to say is ...........DA BEARS!!