Author Topic: I wonder if he'll have to give it back...  (Read 1141 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
I wonder if he'll have to give it back...
« on: August 27, 2014, 02:03:56 PM »
The Peace Prize that is.  Apparently the "Leading from Behind" and "Don't Do Stupid Stuff", isn't working as Foreign Policy (if it ever was a policy).

So as pressure mounts to save the Yazidis on that mount from animals that make the Nazi's look all cute and cuddly, there's increasing pressure from members (and high ranking ones at that) of both parties to "Do Something".   

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/17/obama-faces-growing-pressure-for-more-us-military-/

And yeah, it's easy to throw rocks from the outside, it's a lot harder to govern. 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/17/critics-of-george-w-bushs-foreign-policy-now-takin/?page=2

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: I wonder if he'll have to give it back...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »
Do nothing long enough, under the rubric of "don't do stupid stuff", and you may find yourself with a limited array of unpalatable alternatives.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 02:25:10 AM »
The way they hand them out he's probably on short list for another one.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:09:08 AM »
Why do some people still think Obama actually wants to act in the USA's best interests?   ???
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 11:14:46 AM »
Well I hear Martha's Vineyard has been very peaceful. Maybe he just needs to spend more time in ukrainistan or gazasyria or wherever.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:23:05 AM »
Well I hear Martha's Vineyard has been very peaceful. Maybe he just needs to spend more time in ukrainistan or gazasyria or wherever.

If nothing else, his Secret Service detail might spend less time getting smashed and scamming local hookers.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 04:51:35 PM »
The way they hand them out he's probably on short list for another one.

For Ferguson.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife