Author Topic: All y'all are invited. All you have to do is get there.  (Read 1053 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
All y'all are invited. All you have to do is get there.
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:26:46 PM »
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?123500-Save-the-date-Sunday-Oct-5th&p=2084066#post2084066

It will probably help if you are within reasonable driving distance of Richmond.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: All y'all are invited. All you have to do is get there.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 01:00:46 PM »
I may have to find an excuse to terrorize visit NoVa in a couple months. Would be worth it to meet the legendary skidmark
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 01:09:02 PM »
I may have to find an excuse to terrorize visit NoVa in a couple months. Would be worth it to meet the legendary skidmark

This, sir, will NOT find us in NoVa.  We are located well below the Ni river.*

stay safe.

* - an arbitrary geographical reference point indicating the current spread of the Washingtom Metropolitain Statistical Area.  In other words, where North of which kudzu no longer grows because all the land has been paved over.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 01:12:05 PM »
Joc, if you do make it to the Richmond area, don't forget to visit Green Top on the northern edge of Richmond just off I95.

Chris

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 01:20:27 PM »
Joc, if you do make it to the Richmond area, don't forget to visit Green Top on the northern edge of Richmond just off I95.

Chris

It's where Gander Mountain used to be.  They moved from their Jefferson Davis Highway location.

(Yes, their website is up-to-date but you would be amazed at the number of older guys in bib overhauls standing in front of the vacant old building wondering if they have Alzheimers.)

stay safe.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »
It's where Gander Mountain used to be.  They moved from their Jefferson Davis Highway location.

(Yes, their website is up-to-date but you would be amazed at the number of older guys in bib overhauls standing in front of the vacant old building wondering if they have Alzheimers.)

stay safe.

I figured I wouldn't need to point that out for Joc since he's never been to the old one.

The comment about the old guys cracks me up! :)

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »
Someone forgot to tell the *expletive deleted*ing kudzu in my backyard that it shouldn't be growing there because it's been paved over...  ;/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »
Love to be able to make this.  Too bad I'm poor, it is too far away and a Sunday.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »
I figured I wouldn't need to point that out for Joc since he's never been to the old one.

The comment about the old guys cracks me up! :)

Chris

It was in case he stopped to ask for directions.

It gave me a chance to mention the Jefferson Davis Highway.  (In Virginia it is not the Intercoastal Defense Highway.  We have priorities as well as tradition.)

Listen to the Hanover Co. SD on the scanner - "Caller states there's three old geezers with pick-up trucks and shotguns walking around there.  Can you go down and point them to the new place?"

stay safe.