Author Topic: Washington cities with the largest number of concealed permits by capita  (Read 1095 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
http://mynorthwest.com/1046/2592734/Packing-Heat

Interesting that I live adjacent to the city with the highest number per capita of carry permits.  Go Snohomish!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

tokugawa

• friend
Amazing numbers- much much higher than I expected.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Yeah, those are some impressive percentages.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Speaking as a Washington native, another thing about this list caught my eye:  the majority of these cities are in the greater Puget Sound area and are in middle-class to affluent areas.  i don't have a good sense as to political leanings for all of them, but certainly of the cities in Snohomish County (Stanwood and Snohomish), they tend to be purple: middle-of-the-road Dems or Repubs.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
in middle-class to affluent areas.

What's it cost in WA?

Here in IL, total cost is excessive enough that CCW is going to be skewed to people with enough free cash to afford it.  (Or to the long term dedicated, like me.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:24:22 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Over 50% of residents must translate to what - maybe 80-90% of adults  ???   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
What's it cost in WA?

Here in IL, total cost is excessive enough that CCW is going to be skewed to people with enough free cash to afford it.  (Or to the long term dedicated, like me.)

$ 52.50 to apply and good for five years.  $ 32.50 to renew and good for five years.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
$ 52.50 to apply and good for five years.  $ 32.50 to renew and good for five years.

So in your case expense if much less of an issue.

(IL, $150 for the permit, plus (here's where it gets more expensiver) 16 hours of training, including 8 hours no one can get out of.  I was figuring at the beginning, close to $500 exclusive of equipment cost.  I've seen training cost below $200 lately, as the first rush has died down some.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

tokugawa

• friend
I still have a hard time believing the numbers- the demographic is also interesting- #2 and #3 are as different as could be- Gig Harbor is an upscale "professional" town, Port Orchard a working class shipyard town. Of course, out here the cities are only a small proportion of the residents, most live in unincorporated areas in the county.

Initiative 594  is on the ballot this year, it will require a background check for ANY transfer, no matter how fleeting, of a firearm. Loan your friend a gun to hunt? BC. Let a friend shoot your gun at the range? BC . Sell a gun to your buddy? BC Let your friend borrow a gun cause her ex is threatening her? BC. And of course it all goes into a database to find all those pesky under the radar guns. I see a massive civil disobedience coming. Oh, yes, this is all an enhanced "serious" felony , to be in the same class as rape, assault, etc.

Bill and Melinda Gates have ponied up a cool 1 million for this, Ballmer a half million, and that Danninger (sp?) guy who was writing recently about how the peons were going to rise up, has put up about a half million. I am sure Bloomberg is in their too. So a handful of the ultra wealth are trying to control the civil rights of the state- and it looks likely they will get their way.
 Disgusting how the huge disparity in wealth allows these holes to buy law.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2023740786_concealedcarryrisexml.html

I posted this article back in May 2014 when it came out.  Over 450,000 Washington residents have carry permits, which is about 1 in every 15 residents.  Since around 25% of the state population is under age 21 and thus ineligible for a permit, that works out to about 1 in every 12 adults, or approximately 8% of the adult population.

Edited to add: I see the Times article in a sidebar calculated that 9%, or one in every 11 adults, has a permit.  Close enough for government work, as Dad used to say.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:08:24 PM by MillCreek »