Author Topic: Obama has played almost as much golf as Tiger Woods  (Read 5536 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Obama has played almost as much golf as Tiger Woods
« on: August 28, 2014, 11:56:45 PM »
A Washington Times story points out that President Obama has played 200 games of golf since taking office in January of 2009. During that same period, Tiger Woods played 269 games. Woods is now sidelined with an injury, which means that by early next year, Obama may surpass the professional Woods for the number of games played.

It really isn't a bad thing, though. I'd rather have him on the golf course than at his desk causing problems.

Story is here

Waitone

• friend
Re: Obama has played almost as much golf as Tiger Woods
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 11:04:23 AM »
Two nits to pick.  First it is "round" of golf.  Second, Obama does not play golf; he plays "at" golf.  Tiger plays golf.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »
I know nothing about golf, nor do I want to.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 12:12:03 PM »
Good thing.  Golf is horribly expensive and addicting.  That is why I do shooting.   Much cheaper than golf.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Good thing.  Golf is horribly expensive and addicting.  That is why I do shooting.   Much cheaper than golf.

Not if you shoot enough.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
I know nothing about golf, nor do I want to.

A waste of a good horse pasture  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be infringed.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 03:59:34 PM »
Golf... is that the one with the ball that's pointy at both ends and you hit with a racket into a hoop?  Or is that footnnis?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 04:14:12 PM »
I believe that golf started at Bannockburn (Pancake Crick) in 1314 when Robert de Bruce of Scotland lopped off the head of an English knight, which then rolled into a hole on the rough battleground  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 04:23:18 PM »
I believe that golf started at Bannockburn (Pancake Crick) in 1314 when Robert de Bruce of Scotland lopped off the head of an English knight, which then rolled into a hole on the rough battleground  =)

Controversial theory, but it has met only token resistance in the literature.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »
Controversial theory, but it has met only token resistance in the literature.

But it has a familiar ring to it  ;)

JN01

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 07:46:37 PM »

What if you could golf with a gun instead of a club?  =)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 08:48:36 PM »
A libtard old friend of mine posted something insinuating that W had played even more golf.  Anyone bothered to look that up before and now if it's BS or true?
Formerly sumpnz

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »
It really isn't a bad thing, though. I'd rather have him on the golf course than at his desk causing problems.

Pretty much my sentiments.

A libtard old friend of mine posted something insinuating that W had played even more golf.  Anyone bothered to look that up before and now if it's BS or true?

Sounds like BS to me, but the leftists wouldn't know truth if it hit them in the face with a tire iron.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Re: Obama has played almost as much golf as Tiger Woods
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 10:18:01 PM »

According to the daily mail:

Obama has hit the links 186 times since taking office, according to Knoller's records. Bush only played 24 rounds of golf throughout his entire presidency
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 10:19:22 PM »
I don't believe Bush played more golf than Obama. I think there are statistics out there that he took more "vacations", but most of his time away from the White House was at his ranch, which I believe was pretty much setup as a satellite office for him, and I think relatively inexpensive for the taxpayers compared to going to Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 10:26:58 PM »
When Bush was out at his ranch, he was sometimes out cutting brush and firewood  :lol:

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 11:46:56 PM »
Yeah, there's more than a little contrast between Obama and GW.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 08:48:17 AM »
I don't believe Bush played more golf than Obama. I think there are statistics out there that he took more "vacations", but most of his time away from the White House was at his ranch, which I believe was pretty much setup as a satellite office for him, and I think relatively inexpensive for the taxpayers compared to going to Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii.

He was at the ranch or at Camp David. He was "vacationing" at home or the President's country residence.

To me (as to everyone else, which is why there is a significant effort to paint Bush as "being on vacation" more than Obama) there is a big difference between "going home" for a "vacation" and vacationing on Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 11:12:51 AM »
Telecommuting is the big thing now you know  ;)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »
Please tell me those training wheels are Photoshoped.
Formerly sumpnz

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 01:21:34 AM »
They were; but the mom jeans,  helmet,  and the fact that it looks like a girl's bike weren't.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 04:01:35 PM »

Saw cuts.  Pansy.

Reagan would have used an axe.

Putin would have used his left nipple.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 04:04:51 PM »
Obama may be getting just as much practice, but he'll never overcome having a much bigger handicap than Woods...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »
"You never escape the presidency. It travels with you everywhere you go. And there's not a moment where you don't think about being President -- unless you're riding mountain bikes as hard as you possibly can, trying to forget for the moment." - President George W. Bush, during the final moments of his final press conference as president.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 09:27:48 PM »
Controversial theory, but it has met only token Tolkien resistance in the literature.

FTFY
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.