Author Topic: Jihad in America  (Read 8489 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Re:
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2014, 12:19:57 PM »
Folks are very inventive

Yes. It's a shame to see all that energy and imagination flushed, when it could be applied to making life better. =(

(No, I'm not moralizing or judging suicides, but the loss/waste of all that potential is regrettable.)
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Jihad in America
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2014, 01:51:26 PM »
I'm not an especially brave man. But, if I were you and had lived my entire life the way you have, I don't think that the death I just described to you is not the one I would choose.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Re: Re: Jihad in America
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2014, 02:15:33 PM »
People have tried to commit suicide by cutting their own head off with a chainsaw.

Wasn't that guy mostly successful?  (As in like 80% severed, but 100% dead, I think.)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »
The lady that jumped in the crocodile pond was the craziest  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 05:28:09 PM »
I'm not an especially brave man. But, if I were you and had lived my entire life the way you have, I don't think that the death I just described to you is not the one I would choose.

What's to stop me? Fear of dieing?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Jihad in America
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 05:35:47 PM »
Wasn't that guy mostly successful?  (As in like 80% severed, but 100% dead, I think.)

You get a lot of style-points for 100% severed.  Too bad he didn't quite get there.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 06:10:50 PM »
There's no need to get inventive in severing one's own head. Hanging and the guillotine are well-established methods, and can obviously be done solo.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »
There's no need to get inventive in severing one's own head. Hanging and the guillotine are well-established methods, and can obviously be done solo.

Fabricating a single-use guillotine would unambiguously demonstrate one's dedication to the task...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 08:56:22 PM »
Fabricating a single-use guillotine would unambiguously demonstrate one's dedication to the task...

Probably should test it out first  =D