Author Topic: OK police captain: if you don't want to get raped by a cop, obey all traffic law  (Read 3354 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
http://reason.com/blog/2014/09/29/anti-rape-tips-for-women-in-oklahoma

In less than two months, three Oklahoma police officers have been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting women while on duty. One of the officers, state trooper Eric Roberts, was accused of raping women he pulled over for traffic violations. In the wake of this, Tulsa news station KJRH interviewed Oklahoma Highway Patrol Captain George Brown about how women can ensure they won't meet a similar fate. 

His response?

First and foremost: Do your part, and do what it takes to obey the traffic laws and not get stopped.

Apparently keeping his cops from raping people is too difficult. I eagerly await the APS victim blaming contingent to whole heartedly agree with him.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
I've seen this kicked around on social media for a week or more now, met with universal outrage everywhere, and have seen no one argue Capt. Brown's case to date.

I guess it didn't occur to Capt. Brown that a patrol officer looking for a little rape might pull someone over on false pretenses.  :facepalm:
I promise not to duck.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
I wonder how quickly Cpt. Brown would change his tune if it was his wife or daughter being victimized.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

SADShooter

• friend
I wonder how quickly Cpt. Brown would change his tune if it was his wife or daughter being victimized.

Faster than he can dump a G22 mag through a car door...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

dogmush

• friend
Alternatively, any woman in OK could shoot any cop that pulls her over. Then she won't get raped.

It's probably better for the Cpt. to come up with a solution to his officer's rape predilections that is between those two extremes however.

I wouldn't hold my breath however.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
I've seen this kicked around on social media for a week or more now, met with universal outrage everywhere, and have seen no one argue Capt. Brown's case to date.

The officer was performing a search for drugs and the suspect was uncooperative so he had to hold both of her hands  :angel:  :police:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
What are the proles complaining about? Noone. Was shot for resisting an officer... ;/
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
OK was also the state that had the brilliant idea of letting a private company (Desert Snow/Black Asphalt) impersonate LE and pull drivers over and perform searches and seizures, including keeping the cash. Last I heard, right now, that was "suspended", probably waiting for the atttention to die down...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
OK was also the state that had the brilliant idea of letting a private company (Desert Snow/Black Asphalt) impersonate LE and pull drivers over and perform searches and seizures, including keeping the cash. Last I heard, right now, that was "suspended", probably waiting for the atttention to die down...

When i do things like that,  they don't call it 'police work' they call it 'armed robbery,' or 'car jacking.'

Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
When i do things like that,  they don't call it 'police work' they call it 'armed robbery.'

Pretty much every other state I'm familiar with, such people earn themselves a short trip to jail, not a job offer.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MicroBalrog

• friend
This is gruesomely remininscent of Soviet-era jokes about the Militsiya, none of which can be reprinted in this medium.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
Short of shooting people, wire them all for video if they are not.  Fire them if they turn it off on duty. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Hey, those wagons aren't going to circle themselves!

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I eagerly await the APS victim blaming contingent to whole heartedly agree with him.

Really? No, really, really?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Really? No, really, really?

I once asked what, exactly, blaming the victim looked like. No one could tell me. As far as I can tell most folks on here don't believe it exists. And, of course, that's not even talking about the bootlicker who has defended cops beating people as a corrective action before.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Phyphor

• friend

I guess it didn't occur to Capt. Brown that a patrol officer looking for a little rape might pull someone over on false pretenses.  :facepalm:

"You have a tail light out."
"No I don't. "
*SMASH*
"You do now! It's rapin' time!"
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Oopsy.
Contains link to actual unedited video of what capt said
How inconvenient
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/fact-check-oklahoma-hwy-patrol-captain-george-brown-blames-police-assaults-on-victims/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
The link plagued me so here it is by itself
Particularly ironic around 3:40 is his comment about how the video helps with false allegations
When I first saw the post I started to ignore it for the obvious reason but curiosity got the best of me and I watched. I thought it odd that they would show him saying non controversial things and then edit out the bombshell part.
And it was odd, it was a complete fabrication and a poor one at that. It says something about some websites of various persuasions when they lie. It speaks both to their cause and the character of the ones who fabricate the story/video. And then the folks they dupe scurry off to spread "the word".
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2DYNdqwx3LU

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Particularly ironic around 3:40 is his comment about how the video helps with false allegations
When I first saw the post I started to ignore it for the obvious reason but curiosity got the best of me and I watched. I thought it odd that they would show him saying non controversial things and then edit out the bombshell part.
And it was odd, it was a complete fabrication and a poor one at that. It says something about some websites of various persuasions when they lie. It speaks both to their cause and the character of the ones who fabricate the story/video. And then the folks they dupe scurry off to spread "the word".

You live in an alternate reality, friend. The video you've posted here shows the Cap'n saying exactly what he's accused of saying: "First and foremost: Do your part, and do what it takes to obey the traffic laws and not get stopped."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net

AFAIK, there's no way to transfer sovereign immunity to private companies. While a legislative body can try giving an industry blanket immunity, it's not quite the same.

I assume said private company was sued into the ground.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

brimic

• friends
AFAIK, there's no way to transfer sovereign immunity to private companies. While a legislative body can try giving an industry blanket immunity, it's not quite the same.

I assume said private company was sued into the ground.
No, these outfits worked as contractors to effect forfeitures which they split with the contracting police departments- sort of like how parking enforcement is done in many cities.
Tje seizures are an end run around tje 4th, by 'arresting' the assets.  It doesn't matter who does it, it is the very deginition of armed robbery.
We don't live in the America we think we live in anymore.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:15:47 AM by brimic »

Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
No, these outfits worked as contractors to effect forfeitures which they split with the contracting police departments- sort of like how parking enforcement is done in many cities.
Tje seizures are an end run around tje 4th, by 'arresting' the assets.  It doesn't matter who does it, it is the very deginition of armed robbery.
We don't live in the America we think we live in anymore.

Yeah. I don't think I'd let a company seize my stuff if I was acting in a legal manner. I do realize there are some legitimate enforcement done by private companies, such as towing and parking.

"You're carrying cash, I'm taking it from you!"

I'm trying to and failing to see how a private company could possibly win that in court. Ignoring ethical and moral arguments, cops can steal your stuff because they have qualified immunity and courts allow blatantly unconstitutional but legal seizure. Private companies usually do not have qualified immunity. But it's a bit confusing on that score. It's more of an issue with private prisons.

http://reason.org/news/show/privatization-qualified-immunity

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....

No fabrication.  He clearly states
First and foremost: Do your part, and do what it takes to obey the traffic laws and not get stopped.
at about 57 seconds in.   So it would appear that only one "duped" and who went scurrying off spread "the word" was you.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:27:16 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.