Author Topic: Illegal guns?  (Read 708 times)

Otherguy Overby

• friend
Illegal guns?
« on: October 07, 2006, 01:58:29 PM »
Seems all moonbats many politicians, the media and others are blathering on about "illegal guns".  I wonder what they'd say if you asked them to define or describe one.

So, just what is an "illegal" gun?
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
Illegal guns?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 02:55:04 PM »
Something obtained through channels other than what we "law-abiding" folk have to go through?

Norton

• friend
Illegal guns?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 10:59:49 PM »
It's nothing more than their latest talking point/scary term.  Just like assault weapons, street sweeper, high capacity,rapid fire, bullet hose, etc, etc.

The troubling part of this one is how it sort of dovetails with the UN plan to eradicate "illicit" arms.  That sounds all well and good until you realize that they will just redefine what's illegal until everything is.

HForrest

Illegal guns?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 12:19:41 AM »
I don't support "illegal gun" crackdowns, often touted by politicians and the UN. First, "illegal guns" shouldn't be illegal in the first place, but strict libertarianism aside, Norton has it right. The huge issue is what defines an "illegal gun", and this can be changed quite easily.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Illegal guns?
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 05:26:00 AM »
If someone says "illegal guns", I'm thinking a gun in possession of a person comitting a crime, or a gun that's been stolen from another person.  Liberals would love this to be one that's being sold FTF.....they want everyone tracked and documented...bastards....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Otherguy Overby

• friend
Illegal guns?
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 05:24:55 PM »
Since leftists like gun "buybacks" one should pose the question:  Has an "illegal gun ever been turned in?
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Illegal guns?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 03:40:20 AM »
Quote from: Combat-wombat
I don't support "illegal gun" crackdowns, often touted by politicians and the UN. First, "illegal guns" shouldn't be illegal in the first place, but strict libertarianism aside, Norton has it right. The huge issue is what defines an "illegal gun", and this can be changed quite easily.
Kind of like illegal immigrants, eh?

Illegal guns are guns in the hands of prohibited persons, gotten there outside of legal production and distribution channels.  I don't have a problem with cracking down on that.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.