Author Topic: Cost for the Liberian Ebola patient: $ 1000/hour  (Read 942 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Cost for the Liberian Ebola patient: $ 1000/hour
« on: October 08, 2014, 08:30:56 AM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-07/bill-for-ebola-adds-up-as-care-costs-1-000-an-hour.html

Note carefully the part about how the patient is not eligible for Medicaid, the Liberian Embassy is hedging on paying, and how ultimately, the hospital will most likely have to write this all off as bad debt, absorb the cost and pass it along to other patients.  So one the one hand, we can see how the taxpayers of America dodged the bullet, but the hospital takes it in the shorts.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HankB

• friend
Re: Cost for the Liberian Ebola patient: $ 1000/hour
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »
They say today is the day that symptoms will begin showing up in anyone the Liberian guy infected . . . we'll see if it's as trivial a matter as the "experts" are claiming.

Hmmm . . . maybe we should just drop the infected guy off at the Liberian embassy - and then cordon it off. Shouldn't be too hard - it's not exactly a huge compound.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Cost for the Liberian Ebola patient: $ 1000/hour
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 10:45:56 AM »
http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/diagnosis/
Testing is available pre symptoms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
For that matter, is the American State Department any different?  If an indigent American is hospitalized overseas, does the State Department write a check on behalf of the American?  I wonder.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:42:12 PM »
Just read that the infected Liberian has expired . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 07:01:37 PM »
Hopefully his expiration will convince a few of them they're not better off here for treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 07:27:20 PM »
I hope so but their world view is not based on the same reality we have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I