Author Topic: login.gov  (Read 620 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: login.gov
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2024, 03:12:50 PM »
"I was surprised when Son1 was born, that "thenadays," they issued "the soash" at birth, and they also took a footprint of the baby.  That latter was a good idea, though."

Huh. They didn't issue mine at birth, in 1965.

My parents had to apply for it.

They applied for my number and my older brother's number at the same time.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2024, 06:32:04 PM »
"I was surprised when Son1 was born, that "thenadays," they issued "the soash" at birth, and they also took a footprint of the baby.  That latter was a good idea, though."

Huh. They didn't issue mine at birth, in 1965.

My parents had to apply for it.

They applied for my number and my older brother's number at the same time.

I got mine in high school.  Needed for driver's ed.  1971 or 2.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2024, 02:14:01 PM »
My younger brother and I were born in the mid-50s, just shy of 3 years apart.  I don't know when our parents applied for SS numbers for us BUT I'm betting they did both of us at the same time.  Here's the odd thing - our numbers are identical EXCEPT for the very last digit !  Alphabetically, my younger brother's first name is closer to "A" than mine and I believe that is why my brother's number is lower than mine.  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2024, 07:29:25 PM »
" I don't know when our parents applied for SS numbers for us BUT I'm betting they did both of us at the same time.  Here's the odd thing - our numbers are identical EXCEPT for the very last digit !"

Same.

My brother's social ends 7, my social ends in 6.

But, nothing alphabetical about it. His name comes before mine, and he was born before I was.

It likely has everything to do with which application was processed first.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • We NEED a President with his good luck!
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2024, 11:58:24 AM »
"Thenadays" was 1969, a few years after K Frame's DOB in 1965. I reckon that birth-issuance  came some time between those years and may be dependent on locale.

Also, if you were born before the birth-issued starting time (whenever that actually was) you may not have needed one until you started work... which was the case with me... or some other circumstance generated the need.  I seem to recall when I got mine there was mention of it being "for retirement."  I dunno, but it seems to me that a lot of ladies who never worked may have had to apply for one later in life.  I guess.

The ten-digit numbering system ( 1234-56-789[10] ) without replacement allows for 9,999,999,999 individuals to be "numbered," and the U.S. population is  only 341,936,399 at the moment I looked, so there's plenty of room for more.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 12:33:53 PM by 230RN »
Sooner or later, law output will become greater than Court input.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2024, 12:26:41 PM »
I've done a little digging, and social security numbers are not issued automatically at birth, even today in the age of electronic records transfer.

So, someone had to have applied for those numbers for your kid, Terry.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2024, 12:32:48 PM »
I can remember going to the local SS office and applying for a card when I was 14 so I could work. That would have been about 1967. That was a big year for me, I started paying taxes from my work checks and I obtained my first motorcycle driving license.

As far as the logins, it seems I have a login.gov already to go along with my DS login and a VA log in so lumping them under one umbrella works better for me.

bob

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2024, 07:05:44 PM »
I’m stuck. I apparently logged in a few years ago to verify SS benefits but I no longer recall sign in or PW.
I can’t seem to log in or open a new account. I don’t have the time to wait on hold for a human that won’t help me.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • We NEED a President with his good luck!
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2024, 10:29:40 AM »
I've done a little digging, and social security numbers are not issued automatically at birth, even today in the age of electronic records transfer.

So, someone had to have applied for those numbers for your kid, Terry.

Thanks for doing my due diligence.  I checked with my younger son and he says he got his SSN in his teens.  (At that time I was living separately from Wife1 so wasn't up to every facet of his life.)  I guess it was an option the hospital exercised and made it sound like it was "official" from SSA.

Terry
Sooner or later, law output will become greater than Court input.