Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 388851 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2775 on: June 08, 2022, 08:22:52 AM »
DC: Are they now? New regulations coming right up.

They wouldn't even have to come up with new regulations.  Just cancel one or more existing existing necessary permits.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2776 on: June 09, 2022, 01:00:43 PM »
"EVs will save us from our current high gas prices!!!!!" (In 2030, hopefully, if we get enough charging stations built).

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/06/09/pete-buttigieg-accidentally-admits-evs-are-not-a-short-term-answer-to-the-gas-crisis/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2777 on: June 09, 2022, 01:46:01 PM »
And when do they start building the nuc plants to power them?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2778 on: June 09, 2022, 01:52:44 PM »
And when do they start building the nuc plants to power them?

Solar is technically nuclear

http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff200/fv00170.htm
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2779 on: June 09, 2022, 02:18:58 PM »
Maybe they can build mini suns over all the solar fields so the power is always flowing.

Oh, I know, we could cover all of flyover land with solar panels and strip mined batteries and we would have plenty of power. We wouldn't have any food so we would have to eat our EV's.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2780 on: June 09, 2022, 02:29:08 PM »

Oh, I know, we could cover all of flyover land with solar panels and strip mined batteries and we would have plenty of power. We wouldn't have any food so we would have to eat our EV's.

You can buy food at the grocery, duh!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2781 on: June 09, 2022, 03:32:42 PM »
$ 5.09/gallon this morning at the Marysville Costco, 40 miles north of Seattle.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2782 on: June 09, 2022, 05:04:00 PM »
Just saw my first $5+ price -- $5.09 at the Shell station near my house.

The Sunoco across the street is still $4.99, but my guess is by tomorrow afternoon it will match the Shell.

And this isn't over yet, folks. It's going to get a lot worse.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2783 on: June 09, 2022, 09:14:22 PM »
High prices are hitting law enforcement too:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/michigan-sheriff-limit-responses-gas-prices

I wonder how long before the fire department starts picking and choosing their responses.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2784 on: June 09, 2022, 09:24:53 PM »
High prices are hitting law enforcement too:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/michigan-sheriff-limit-responses-gas-prices

I wonder how long before the fire department starts picking and choosing their responses.

We are a volunteer department here. There are a couple of people that will fill them up when we run out of money but this fall will suck. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2785 on: June 10, 2022, 12:58:15 PM »
$5.09/gal and $106 to fill up the truck this morning. I needed some ethanol free gas too, and that's up to $5.49/gal.

You suck, Brandon.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2786 on: June 10, 2022, 01:07:26 PM »
5.689 for diesel in Pahrump. 30-50 cents higher in Las Vegas. 110 dollars to fill up the truck @ not quite half empty. I try to fill up around the half empty mark to keep from having to swipe my card 3 or 4 times. :mad:

bob

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2787 on: June 10, 2022, 06:14:16 PM »
ONLY $4.599 at the cheapest place around here. $20 to fill the mower for the weekend. Lucky for me my truck broke down Monday and I just got it done last night. Saved some gas but almost $300 in parts and three long afternoons wrenching.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2788 on: June 10, 2022, 06:30:24 PM »
Biden: Exxon. Start investing. Start paying your taxes. Thanks.”
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2789 on: June 10, 2022, 07:11:41 PM »
$114 for 22.5 gallons.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2790 on: June 11, 2022, 12:01:16 AM »
Prices are nuts around here.  They range from $5.089 to $5.399. Fortunately, the majority are closer to that bottom - but for how long isn't known.  [popcorn]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2791 on: June 11, 2022, 08:17:50 AM »
I turned down the regional director job since they were thinking that I would have to be in an office in downtown Seattle a minimum of three days per week, and the additional pay did not offset the 90 mile and four hour per day roundtrip commute.  I told them to talk to me again if it could be one day a week downtown and I would think about it.

What? You have that reversed! You MUST be in the office FOUR days a week, only out 1 day! We simply can't function in more of a remote environment than that.

Didn't the pandemic teach you anything about office dynamics? The old ways MUST BE RETURNED! WORKERS MUST BE UNDER THE CRUSHING GAZE OF THEIR MANAGERS AT ALL TIMES! OTHERWISE HIERARCHY WILL COLLAPSE!!!

I've seen (I'm sure we all have) a number of articles over the past few months about employers trying to force people back into the the offices full time with varying degrees of success and more than a bit of employee rebellion.

My situation is a bit different -- I MUST be in a dedicated, secure office, but I can be in any number of dedicated secure offices, including the one 2 miles from my house. Yet the PM/APM apparently think I'm incapable of doing my job unless I'm sitting with the rest of my coworkers.

Somehow they apparently view all of the work I did over the previous two years, the accolades I received from my peers, the problems I solved for the program, the immense amount of work I did, as a fluke. That's the only thing I can figure.

They either need to refigure that, or they'll lose me, and my direct boss, who said she is going to bat for me on this, says that as far as she's concerned, I'm a core employee who needs to be retained at all costs.

We'll see if her management agrees.

Yeah, I'm a little salty about this.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2792 on: June 13, 2022, 11:55:29 AM »
Apparently we're suppose to choose between cheap gas and democracy

Serious question for Republicans and independents: What would you rather have, $2.50/gallon gas or a democracy?

— Andy Ostroy (@AndyOstroy) June 11, 2022

Claims it was bait. You decide.
I think it was a case of an idiot trying to sound smart

Proud Democrat Andy Ostroy REKT so much for asking if people want cheap gas OR democracy he claims it was ‘bait’ … gets REKT again
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/13/proud-democrat-andy-ostroy-rekt-so-much-for-asking-if-people-want-cheap-gas-or-democracy-he-claims-it-was-bait-gets-rekt-again/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2793 on: June 13, 2022, 12:43:28 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2794 on: June 13, 2022, 04:07:02 PM »
I just now bought four sacks of Quickcrete at the local hardware store for $38 instead of driving ~60 miles round trip to Home Despot and paying $24, because three gallons of gas = $15.

This is the first time since I've been driving that I've started doing math on the gas delta.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2795 on: June 13, 2022, 04:22:37 PM »
$4.45 per gallon at the Buc-ees near me.  Right on the Gulf Coast.  Usually one of the cheaper prices around. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2796 on: June 13, 2022, 04:23:45 PM »
Dropped to $4.55 from around $4.66 this week.  Color me shocked and amazed.  Don't expect it to last, however.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2797 on: June 13, 2022, 04:36:22 PM »
In San Diego right now.  We filled up at a little town called Alpine on I-8, about 30 miles shy of San Diego proper.  $7 a gallon.  Prior to that we filled up in Yuma, AZ, for something around $5.40 a gallon, I don't remember exactly.  Both of those were for premium though.

Regardless of CA gas prices, we're keeping the car topped off so that if things really go sideways while we're out here, we have gas to get back home to Phoenix.

Judging by the number of homeless people living in cars right off the beach here, I think CA is one more global catastrophe away from being a cascaded secondary catastrophe.  Well... worse than it already is, I mean.

It's pretty amazing how little ICE traffic there is here, in the little enclave of Mission Beach.  Lots of e-bikes, lots of rental scooters that get heavily used, a disproportionate number of Teslas to what I'm used to seeing in AZ.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2798 on: June 13, 2022, 04:43:35 PM »
I just now bought four sacks of Quickcrete at the local hardware store for $38 instead of driving ~60 miles round trip to Home Despot and paying $24, because three gallons of gas = $15.

This is the first time since I've been driving that I've started doing math on the gas delta.

Been doing that myself lately.  A dollar now only buys me about 6.6 miles in my little econobox, and less than three miles in my pickup.

I mow a fair amount of grass - even that's starting to add up.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2799 on: June 13, 2022, 05:48:21 PM »
The White House has unveiled a new plan to deal with rising gas costs by installing a wacky inflatable tube man in front of every price sign across the country.

"Wow, look how much fun it is to go to the gas station now!" said Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg. "These wacky guys are going to turn frowns upside-down at pumps everywhere. Sure is hard to be depressed about canceling your family vacation when those arms are flailing in the wind!"

White House Attempts To Distract From High Gas Prices By Putting Up Wacky Inflatable Tube Men In Front Of Price Signs
https://babylonbee.com/news/white-house-attempts-to-distract-from-high-gas-prices-by-putting-up-wacky-inflatable-tube-men-in-front-of-price-signs
- Calvin and Hobbes