Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 389419 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #3125 on: October 02, 2022, 10:16:24 PM »
$5.30 here in Oregon.

Blue State Prices
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3126 on: October 03, 2022, 08:02:56 AM »
Ain't that the truth...

California, Washington, Oregon... all have gasoline prices far higher that what much of the rest of the country is seeing right now.

Gotta pay for all of that free government *expletive deleted*it somehow.

Although, surprisingly, Massachusetts and New York gas prices are not all that high.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3127 on: October 03, 2022, 08:22:07 AM »
Oil is spiking HARD today.

Apparently OPEC is contemplating a dramatic production cut.

A note to the OPEC ministers...

Please please please spike oil and gasoline prices hard so that we can shove our newly regain foreign oil dependence right up the Democratic party's bung hole.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3128 on: October 03, 2022, 04:09:51 PM »
Blue State Blues
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3129 on: October 05, 2022, 10:39:35 AM »
OPEC cutting production

OPEC+ ministers agree to cut production by 2M barrels per day
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/opec-ministers-agree-cut-production-2m-barrels-per-day
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3130 on: October 05, 2022, 11:02:29 AM »
And apparently the above is Trump's fault because the Saudis want their pet back

Tommy Vietor
@TVietor08
·
Follow
MBS leading the charge to CUT oil production a month from the midterms should be viewed as a deliberate political act. The Saudis want Trump to be president so they get total impunity for their human rights abuse, and staff like Kushner they can buy and sell. No more fist bumps.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/10/05/tommy-vietor-knows-exactlu-how-trump-fits-into-saudi-arabias-push-to-cut-oil-output-right-before-the-midterms/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3131 on: October 05, 2022, 12:39:44 PM »
Seeing some messages from some of my liberal friends who are just shitting themselves that the Saudis are doing this now and not in the middle of November.

I am HUGELY sympathetic to their pain, so much so that...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry, just couldn't keep a straight face while typing that!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3132 on: October 05, 2022, 12:42:35 PM »
Seeing some messages from some of my liberal friends who are just shitting themselves that the Saudis are doing this now and not in the middle of November.

I am HUGELY sympathetic to their pain, so much so that...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry, just couldn't keep a straight face while typing that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfmVBmDKLZI
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3133 on: October 05, 2022, 12:45:46 PM »
These people would absolutely melt down at the violence and white privilege of that clip.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3134 on: October 05, 2022, 01:15:03 PM »
The admin responses
Who needs a strategic reserve when you're suppose to be buying electric cars anyway?

Biden to release 10M more barrels from Strategic Petroleum Reserve in November in wake of OPEC+ cuts
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-release-10m-more-barrels-strategic-petroleum-reserve-november-wake-opec-cuts
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3135 on: October 05, 2022, 01:41:44 PM »
The admin responses
Who needs a strategic reserve when you're suppose to be buying electric cars anyway?

Biden to release 10M more barrels from Strategic Petroleum Reserve in November in wake of OPEC+ cuts
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-release-10m-more-barrels-strategic-petroleum-reserve-november-wake-opec-cuts

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3136 on: October 05, 2022, 01:46:38 PM »
Why would we need a strategic oil reserve? Will we need to strategically destroy the environment? Buy electric cars, you stupid deplorables!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3137 on: October 05, 2022, 01:50:50 PM »
Why would we need a strategic oil reserve? Will we need to strategically destroy the environment? Buy electric cars, you stupid deplorables!

... and recharge them with electricity from coal-fired power plants.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3138 on: October 05, 2022, 04:03:15 PM »
Not much of a reaction among the commodity traders.  WTI is up just $1.30, Brent is up $1.67, and RBOB is down 2.49 cents.  I'm guessing they have already factored in the cuts and Biden's upcoming raids on the national petroleum reserve.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3139 on: October 06, 2022, 05:56:36 AM »
Article in CNBC saying that the US is reacting angrily and strongly to the OPEC+ move, and that it "could backfire on Saudi Arabia."

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/06/oil-us-delivers-angry-rebuke-of-massive-opec-production-cut.html

"“In light of today’s action, the Biden Administration will also consult with Congress on additional tools and authorities to reduce OPEC’s control over energy prices,” the White House said."

In other words...

"The administration is deeply troubled that a rise in oil and gasoline prices might interfere with the rightful Democratic victory in the November elections. We see this as clear evidence of Donald Trump colluding with both Saudi Arabia and Russia, and we are working closely with Hillary Clinton to manufacture the corroboration needed to prove treason.

Make no mistake. This administration will do everything in its power to break OPEC's control of the world's oil prices, including further crippling our strategic posture by releasing even MORE oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in an effort to buy votes in November ... EXCEPT we will not pump American oil or dig American coal out of the ground. We won't do that because American-based energy production is racist."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 06:36:22 AM by K Frame »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3140 on: October 06, 2022, 08:20:16 AM »
That's a succinct and reasonable analysis.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3141 on: October 06, 2022, 08:45:28 AM »
There's at least one international oil markets analyst saying that this is a direct and very personal OPEC+ "*expletive deleted*ck you, Joe Biden" finger in the eye over Biden's push for Russian oil price caps and the proposed NOPEC legislation and an indication that OPEC is moving to re-establish its dominance over world oil markets now that the United States has completely surrendered its desire and ability to counter OPEC through encouraging domestic production.

In other words, OPEC+ sees, and is treating, Biden as a loud, yappy, but completely toothless dog. The problem is, Biden and his cronies are too *expletive deleted*ing stupid to understand just how much contempt OPEC has for them.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3142 on: October 06, 2022, 08:50:20 AM »
In other words, OPEC+ sees, and is treating, Biden as a loud, yappy, but completely toothless dog. The problem is, Biden and his cronies are too *expletive deleted*ing stupid to understand just how much contempt OPEC has for them.

Spot on.

I saw that Brandon had a hot mike moment where he was caught saying, "Nobody *expletive deleted*s with a Biden". It looks like somebody is *expletive deleted*ing with a Biden.  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3143 on: October 06, 2022, 08:57:59 AM »

Meanwhile the Dems

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3145 on: October 06, 2022, 10:01:20 AM »
Uhm....

What's not said is that Venezuela is a member of OPEC+...

So Sniffy Joe continues to grovel to OPEC.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3146 on: October 06, 2022, 10:03:16 AM »
Question just popped up in my head
Where is most of our oil? In red states or blue states?
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3147 on: October 06, 2022, 10:32:09 AM »
Question just popped up in my head
Where is most of our oil? In red states or blue states?

Pretty sure red states -- Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3148 on: October 06, 2022, 02:59:00 PM »
Now this braindead administration is talking about holding off all new offshore leases until 2028.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3149 on: October 06, 2022, 07:02:26 PM »
$3.99 here in SW Ohio.  Jumped $0.34 overnight