Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 391525 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2325 on: March 07, 2022, 08:37:08 PM »
last week 3.43 a gallon, yesterday 4.25 ... at the cheapest place for miles and miles. - most places are around 5 a gallon
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #2326 on: March 07, 2022, 10:51:44 PM »
SW Minnesota:

Friday, 04 MAR, gas was $3.49 and Diesel $4.09.

Today, Monday, 07 MAR, $3.99 and $4.68, respectively.

Jon
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2327 on: March 08, 2022, 07:25:41 AM »
Apparently Peppermint Patty got really snippy with a reporter yesterday when she was asked about increasing oil production. Not sure what the question was, but I'm sure it was pretty innocuous.

Were I a reporter, my first and only question would be "How will the administration, and you, deflect blame to Donald Trump when people freeze to death this coming winter because they're too poor to afford heating oil?"
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2328 on: March 08, 2022, 07:32:18 AM »
Apparently Peppermint Patty got really snippy with a reporter yesterday when she was asked about increasing oil production. Not sure what the question was, but I'm sure it was pretty innocuous.

She was blaming the oil producers, saying that there are 9000 gov approved leases and the oil companies are dropping the ball. What she failed to say, either through ignorance or lying, is that those leases are only approved for exploration. It can take years to explore a lease to find enough oil to produce. Then you have to go through the gov to get production drilling permits, which can take years longer, especially when enviros sue for additional environmental impact statements.

If we wanted producing oil from many of those leases, exploration should have started years ago, with some guarantee to the oil producers that they wouldn't be Keystoned in the middle of lease development.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2329 on: March 08, 2022, 09:29:11 AM »
Gas around here went from $3.99 on my way home last night to $4.19 on the way to work this morning.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2330 on: March 08, 2022, 09:35:52 AM »
US expected to ban imports of Russian oil

US President Joe Biden is expected to announce a ban on US imports of Russian oil later today.

The announcement is expected to come as the latest sanction in response to Moscow's invasion of Ukraine.

The White House said Biden is set to speak at 15:45 GMT to "announce actions to continue to hold Russia accountable for its unprovoked and unjustified war on Ukraine" .

Biden's administration has been under increasing pressure from US lawmakers to take this step.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60657155

Now my question is. How much of this has already been factored in before hand in current prices?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2331 on: March 08, 2022, 10:16:43 AM »
The Commies.... er Russians... and now threatening to shut down all gas supply to Europe if an embargo on Russian oil is carried out.

US is probably going to embargo Russian oil this afternoon.

Oil is up almost $10 a barrel right now.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2332 on: March 08, 2022, 10:53:25 AM »
$3.79 around these parts.  Up another 20 cents from the last time I posted on 2/24.

$4.19 for regular UL today.  $4.99 for diesel.  Biden is doing a fine job.   :facepalm:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2333 on: March 08, 2022, 11:44:02 AM »

Were I a reporter, my first and only question would be "How will the administration, and you, deflect blame to Donald Trump when people freeze to death this coming winter because they're too poor to afford heating oil?"

I hate that bitch more than Pelosi.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2334 on: March 08, 2022, 12:45:46 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2335 on: March 08, 2022, 02:27:24 PM »
When crude oil prices go down, the oil companies say you don't see price reductions at the pump for around 8 weeks since that's roughly the length of time it takes the product to go through the supply chain.

When crude oil prices go up, the price at the pump goes up immediately - sometimes only a few days, but other times, just a few hours. Amazing supply chain, that.

Or - AS USUAL - we're being lied to.

Blatantly.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2336 on: March 08, 2022, 02:34:10 PM »
When crude oil prices go down, the oil companies say you don't see price reductions at the pump for around 8 weeks since that's roughly the length of time it takes the product to go through the supply chain.

When crude oil prices go up, the price at the pump goes up immediately - sometimes only a few days, but other times, just a few hours. Amazing supply chain, that.

Or - AS USUAL - we're being lied to.

Blatantly.

It's even worst than that

As we reported a short while ago, the US is suspending its imports of Russian oil and gas. Here's what that means:

New contracts to purchase Russian crude oil and certain petroleum products, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and coal will be banned effective immediately.
    Existing contracts must wind down within 45 days.

Still have 45 days before the tap is shut off but the price goes up NOW
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2337 on: March 08, 2022, 02:47:17 PM »
It's even worst than that

Still have 45 days before the tap is shut off but the price goes up NOW

Probably a coincidence but ... isn't that exactly what happened with Russian ammunition? Existing contracts were allowed to be fulfilled, but the prices went up immediately, as if the flow from Mother Roosha had stopped overnight.

Capitalism at work, a.k.a. "the law of supply and demand" (as in, gouge the consumer any way you can, using whatever flimsy excuse sounds good at the moment).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2338 on: March 08, 2022, 02:50:30 PM »
Probably a coincidence but ... isn't that exactly what happened with Russian ammunition? Existing contracts were allowed to be fulfilled, but the prices went up immediately, as if the flow from Mother Roosha had stopped overnight.

Capitalism at work, a.k.a. "the law of supply and demand" (as in, gouge the consumer any way you can, using whatever flimsy excuse sounds good at the moment).

Actually the price hadn't gone up. At least it hadn't when I last checked before Putin put the Chicken Kiev in the oven.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2339 on: March 08, 2022, 02:54:55 PM »
Okay just checked

I seem to recall Wolf 7.62x39 being ~$350 1k which was roughly the price before the "ban".
With the Chicken Kiev in the oven it's gone up to $380-$400
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2340 on: March 08, 2022, 04:05:00 PM »
$4.25 NW Indiana

If we all just park our cars and trucks for two weeks we can flatten the curve!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2341 on: March 08, 2022, 04:06:03 PM »
$4.25 NW Indiana

If we all just park our cars and trucks for two weeks we can flatten the curve!

I put a mask on my car
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2342 on: March 08, 2022, 04:13:27 PM »
I put a mask on my car

I had a car bra on a couple of my cars back in the late 80's early 90's.

It didn't keep bugs out of the radiator any more effectively than masks... oh never mind... 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2343 on: March 08, 2022, 04:18:10 PM »
I had a car bra on a couple of my cars back in the late 80's early 90's.

It didn't keep bugs out of the radiator any more effectively than masks... oh never mind...

I love how when people took them off they often discovered the paint underneath was now a different color shade from the rest of the car.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2344 on: March 08, 2022, 04:20:02 PM »

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2345 on: March 08, 2022, 04:29:48 PM »
So what's everone paying for gasoline?

Are you looking for daily, twice daily or hourly updates to the rising prices? ;)

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2346 on: March 08, 2022, 04:32:25 PM »
quote]So what's everone paying for gasoline?

Are you looking for daily, twice daily or hourly updates to the rising prices? ;)

bob

No kidding. Watching Gas Buddy is getting to be more entertaining than watching Youtube.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2347 on: March 08, 2022, 04:33:49 PM »
I love how when people took them off they often discovered the paint underneath was now a different color shade from the rest of the car.

I only used mine on the long road trips. Even with that there were spots that had to be polished out.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2348 on: March 08, 2022, 07:03:02 PM »
$3.80 per gallon down here on the Gulf Coast this afternoon. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2349 on: March 08, 2022, 08:40:47 PM »
I saw an Instagram comment:  "If everyone just doesn't drive for two weeks, we can flatten the curve!"

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge