Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 391615 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2375 on: March 10, 2022, 07:24:54 AM »
$50 to fill up a Ford Fusion from a little below a 1/4 tank. I know there is absolutely nothing I can do about the price of fuel, but I was shocked when I saw the price when the pump kicked off.

I'm also curious if high prices of fuel will change people's driving habbits. I know in my truck that even driving 70 mph vs 75 mph will gain me an extra 1 mpg.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2376 on: March 10, 2022, 07:36:50 AM »
I could swear that during the Obama gas debacle, gas taxes were suspended for a while. Am I misremembering? Or maybe it was just CA that did it and not the feds?

I notice they have not been on the table at the fed level, though I saw CA (who I think currently has the highest gas taxes in the country) is talking about a "tax rebate" or something.

I'm sure at least a dem or two will propose jacking the tax UP to punish the oil companies.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2377 on: March 10, 2022, 01:23:02 PM »
I just got back from Costco. I didn't need gas today, but it looks like we're riding into the situation where I'll be deciding if it's worth 20min to wait in line to save 20 cents/gal on gas, or to pay the "going rate" elsewhere to get in and out. Because the lines were pretty dang long. Last time this happened I did not have the patience for it.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2378 on: March 10, 2022, 01:25:52 PM »
I just got back from Costco. I didn't need gas today, but it looks like we're riding into the situation where I'll be deciding if it's worth 20min to wait in line to save 20 cents/gal on gas, or to pay the "going rate" elsewhere to get in and out. Because the lines were pretty dang long. Last time this happened I did not have the patience for it.  :laugh:

Ran into that at Sam's where there was a line going down the road to the pumps.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2379 on: March 10, 2022, 01:29:24 PM »
Just buy an electric car, you stupid hillabilly subjects!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1501709925168431111
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2380 on: March 10, 2022, 01:34:06 PM »
Just buy an electric car, you stupid hillabilly subjects!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1501709925168431111

Free 1,000ft elec cords for everyone who lives in an apartment or has to park on the street?
Oh, and while you're at it put every fire house on emergency stand by for when the wires start melting.

The absolute smugness with the way she said that makes me want to punch her in the face.
A Let them eat cake moment
Idiots
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2381 on: March 10, 2022, 01:40:26 PM »
These people are running the country straight into the ground and blaming you the whole way
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2382 on: March 10, 2022, 02:12:25 PM »
Just hit $4 at a St. Louis Quik Trip yesterday.

The electric trike I'm thinking of could get "fueled" with a regular 12 gauge cord... But...
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2383 on: March 10, 2022, 02:25:30 PM »
Nice song and dance there, Patty.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1501987767487803402

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2384 on: March 10, 2022, 02:27:40 PM »
Nice song and dance there, Patty.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1501987767487803402

Notice the little smirk she gets on her face? I think she actually enjoys this.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2385 on: March 10, 2022, 02:28:33 PM »
$3.79

Let's go Brandon.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2386 on: March 10, 2022, 02:33:04 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2387 on: March 10, 2022, 05:23:55 PM »

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2388 on: March 10, 2022, 05:52:49 PM »
I am now trying to work from home as much as possible, and only go into the office one day per week.  One round trip to the office is about 2.5 gallons.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2389 on: March 10, 2022, 05:59:24 PM »
Reg unl is $4.00 near the Bozeman airport.  Diesel is $4.80.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2390 on: March 10, 2022, 06:40:51 PM »
4.25 here in W. Michigan
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2391 on: March 10, 2022, 07:58:06 PM »
At current local prices, $3.79, I would be spending just over $100 a week just commute to my former job.
#FJB
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2392 on: March 10, 2022, 08:59:49 PM »
I bought gas on the way home from work today. $4.199 for unleaded regular at BJ's discount club. I'm pretty sure this is the first time in my life that I've spent more than $50 at a single gas stop -- and I only took 13.5 gallons.

Drove by an Exxon station on the way home with a posted price of $4.699.

Prices in this state have never been higher.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2393 on: March 10, 2022, 09:25:03 PM »
We drove through Tyler & Jacksonville TX yesterday.  Prices were pretty much the same everywhere at ~$3.79 for regular.  Filled up her car @$3.79.

Same station this morning?  $3.99.  I really should have filled the truck Monday instead of waiting until today....

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2394 on: March 10, 2022, 09:42:31 PM »
We are driving back from Orlando Satand I’m sure we’ll spend more than the $188 we spent on the way down last Saturday.

Leaving Ohio and driving down to Panama City Florida in 2 weeks for nieces wedding. From there we’re driving to Tucson Arizona for my sons wedding the weekend after then back to Ohio.  Pretty sure I’ll spend we’ll over $500 for gas on that trip.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2395 on: March 11, 2022, 10:04:50 AM »
AP: It's not Biden's fault

High gas prices falsely attributed to a shutdown of US oil production
https://www.wave3.com/2022/03/11/high-gas-prices-falsely-attributed-shutdown-us-oil-production/

Gas prices are rising for several reasons, including higher demand after the easing of pandemic restrictions, experts said.
Uhhh, what were gas prices before the pandemic restrictions?

and of course they blame Putin
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2396 on: March 11, 2022, 10:27:56 AM »
Uhhh, what were gas prices before the pandemic restrictions?
I'd say there is likely something to the argument that two years of pent up demand for travel especially in areas that were tightly locked down is at least partially responsible for increased gasoline demand and therefore higher pricing.

Obviously, making it more difficult to produce oil domestically, or import from Canada also impacts things on the supply side, especially when you're going toe to toe with a major petrostate.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2397 on: March 11, 2022, 10:52:07 AM »
I'd say there is likely something to the argument that two years of pent up demand for travel especially in areas that were tightly locked down is at least partially responsible for increased gasoline demand and therefore higher pricing.

I'll except that
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2398 on: March 11, 2022, 11:08:00 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2399 on: March 11, 2022, 12:26:09 PM »
I'll except that.

Accept that explanation, or except, as in disagreeing?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.