Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 391376 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2450 on: March 17, 2022, 07:45:51 AM »
My last several cars required premium fuel.  When I finally switched to a truck that ate 87 Octane, my wife switched to an SUV that requires 93.  (technically 91, I think, but it gets 93).

Honestly it wasn't that much of a difference back when I started with the Mustang (Unlike your wife's, mine did require 93 or it would detonate)  Back then it was like 20 or 30 cents a gal more, so not that big a deal.  Now it's like 60 cents a gal difference.  That's like $10 for the wife's tank.  But even that isn't that much when you start looking at the price of "fast car" brakes, tires, and other consumables.

[shrug] You gotta pay money for a performance car.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2451 on: March 17, 2022, 08:21:46 AM »
Crude is skyrocketing again today, up above $100 a barrel again.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2452 on: March 17, 2022, 08:57:55 AM »
I simply won't buy a car that requires premium gasoline.

My ex wife had a 1986 Crapstang, one of the still very neutered Ford Mustangs. She was absolutely convinced that it was some sort of super high performance speciality sports car and absolutely REQUIRED premium gasoline or the engine would explode.

I showed her the book -- premium not required.

I showed her various industry articles on how premium is a waste of money if your car doesn't require it.

Nope. Absolutely HAD to have premium, or death, destruction, and debasement.

I NEVER put premium in it. And she never knew the freaking difference.

Know a guy who had a Civic Sport that required prem gas. He loved the car but hated paying for the gas and said it ran like crap on anything but premium. He said that was the main reason he sold it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 09:11:37 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2453 on: March 17, 2022, 09:10:33 AM »
Crude is skyrocketing again today, up above $100 a barrel again.

It would be dropping if the dems wouldn't have shot down the drill baby drill bill.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2454 on: March 17, 2022, 09:17:40 AM »
I simply won't buy a car that requires premium gasoline.

All good.  Right now I’m getting about 3 days to the gallon since I’m still working from home…lol

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2455 on: March 17, 2022, 09:22:09 AM »
It would be dropping if the dems wouldn't have shot down the drill baby drill bill.

This is my shocked face.

America Iran, Venezuela, China, Saudi Arabia, anyone but America First.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2456 on: March 17, 2022, 09:38:03 AM »
Know a guy who had a Civic Sport that required prem gas. He loved the car but hated paying for the gas and said it ran like crap on anything but premium. He said that was the main reason he sold it.

When Subaru brought out their first round of US H-6 engines back in the late 1990s/early 2000s they all required premium gas, right at the time that gas prices were starting to go through the roof. That really hindered the sale of 6 cylinder Subarus for a couple of years until 2006 when the engines would finally fun on 87 octane.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2457 on: March 17, 2022, 09:41:44 AM »

Just goes to show that energy production is racist, but only when production is happening in the US.

When Biden is groveling and begging the good brown peoples of South America and the Middle East to ramp up oil production to take the well-deserved domestic election blowtorch off his party, well that's not energy production racism, that's bolstering the lives of those repressed peoples! And if you disagree, well you're just a big racist!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2458 on: March 17, 2022, 10:20:57 AM »
$3.90 at Costco in Cincinnati today.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2459 on: March 17, 2022, 10:52:24 AM »
I remember previous price see-saws of crude oil.

When the crude price went DOWN, gas prices at the pump took quite a while to go down as well - the reason given by the industry was that there was about an 8-week supply chain between  crude purchases and the gas pump.

On the other hand, when the crude price went UP, gas prices at the pump went up very quickly - usually within days, sometimes within hours. That 8-week supply chain became considerably shorter.

Funny how that works.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2460 on: March 17, 2022, 01:58:24 PM »
Down six to ten cents in this area over the last few days.  We're at $4.09 to $4.13 around here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2461 on: March 17, 2022, 03:31:01 PM »
Over $5 per gallon in Las Vegas.  Mostly $4 to $4.50 in West Texas and Arizona last weekend. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2462 on: March 17, 2022, 05:43:41 PM »
"Down six to ten cents in this area over the last few days.  We're at $4.09 to $4.13 around here."

Cue Democrats and Uncle Joe taking credit for falling gas prices in 3... 2... 1...

I think the only ones who believe that crap are Nancy Pelosi, much of the left-leaning media, and Joe himself.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2463 on: March 17, 2022, 08:39:43 PM »
My last several cars required premium fuel.  When I finally switched to a truck that ate 87 Octane, my wife switched to an SUV that requires 93.  (technically 91, I think, but it gets 93).

Honestly it wasn't that much of a difference back when I started with the Mustang (Unlike your wife's, mine did require 93 or it would detonate)  Back then it was like 20 or 30 cents a gal more, so not that big a deal.  Now it's like 60 cents a gal difference.  That's like $10 for the wife's tank.  But even that isn't that much when you start looking at the price of "fast car" brakes, tires, and other consumables.

[shrug] You gotta pay money for a performance car.

Speed costs money.  How fast do you want to go?

Prices are down around $0.10 per gallon. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2465 on: March 20, 2022, 01:34:52 PM »
Station getting sued for having gas too cheap

Gas Station facing lawsuits over cheap prices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM9LUl_baSU
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2466 on: March 20, 2022, 04:23:52 PM »
The Global (old Citgo) near my house dropped 4 cents a gallon to $4.159.

That's the only downward movement I've seen in Northern Virginia.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2467 on: March 21, 2022, 11:15:21 AM »
$110 barrel

And this news

The Yemeni Houthi rebels launched a ballistic missile and drone attack on Saudi energy targets, affecting oil processing rates at a refinery.

A drone attack on Saturday targeted an oil products distribution center in Jizan, in southeastern Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Press Agency reported. A day later, two drones were sent to a natural gas plant in Yanbu and to facilities owned by the Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company, or YASREF, the Saudi Ministry of Energy said.

Houthi Rebels Target Saudi Energy Infrastructure Again
https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Houthi-Rebels-Target-Saudi-Energy-Infrastructure-Again.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2468 on: March 22, 2022, 12:57:26 PM »
Diesel in Pahrump NV

3/21  4.749 a gallon

3/22   4.999 a gallon

Cash/Debit price

Credit card add 10 cents per gallon to the above.

This is the second time I have noticed it this high. I don't get out much. ;)

bob

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2469 on: March 23, 2022, 06:11:36 PM »
3.79 a gallon. 70 to fill up from a 1/4 tank.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2470 on: March 23, 2022, 06:13:20 PM »
OMG! WE'RE DOUBLE SAVED!

GLORY BE TO BRANDON!

The price at the Global down the street dropped to $4.09 from $4.15.

Of course, the price of crude has been skyrocketing the past couple of days.

And the price hasn't moved by a penny at any other station in the area that I can tell.

BUT THANK GOD FOR BRANDON!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2472 on: March 24, 2022, 12:10:40 PM »
Crude prices are down over $3 a barrel for WTI right now, but are still north of $111.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2473 on: March 24, 2022, 03:51:09 PM »
$3.69 a few minutes ago. Mid-grade was $4.19.

RBOB is down a little on the day. $3.36 as of mid-afternoon.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?