Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 391575 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2475 on: March 24, 2022, 07:03:07 PM »
Wow, the Shell down the street, which is normally the most expensive of the stations near me, dropped from $4.34 to $4.15.

Nice.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2476 on: March 24, 2022, 08:19:13 PM »
About to pay $4.70 for regular at Fred Meyers.  Chevron's diesel topped $6.10

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2477 on: March 24, 2022, 09:07:19 PM »
$3.73 at the local Murphy's.

The pump automatically stopped at $75.00 - just enough for the gauge to read full.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2478 on: March 25, 2022, 06:38:53 PM »
$3.999 at BJ's discount club this evening.

Two weeks ago it was $4.199.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2479 on: March 25, 2022, 06:41:31 PM »
Lovely

Huge explosion in Jeddah as 'Saudi Aramco storage facility is hit'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFj5nDL0y7o

#BREAKING: Initial reports and video circulating about an #Iran-backed #Houthis attack on a Saudi Aramco facility in Jeddah. #OOTT pic.twitter.com/7TB56eycQq
Oil Rises As Videos Emerge Of Attack On Saudi Oil Facility
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/Oil-Rises-As-Videos-Emerge-Of-Attack-On-Saudi-Oil-Facility.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2480 on: March 25, 2022, 08:49:30 PM »
This is three weeks in a row they have been hit by the group Biden took off watch list. And they say it's not true that they won't take Bidens call.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2481 on: March 25, 2022, 08:52:54 PM »
This is three weeks in a row they have been hit by the group Biden took off watch list. And they say it's not true that they won't take Bidens call.

I’m telling y’all this *expletive deleted*it is on purpose. Working class Americans voted in droves for Trump so how can Biden retaliate and hit them hard?

Completely *expletive deleted*ck gas prices and grocery prices up and refuse to take any sensible actions to relieve prices. Red staters/voters are the ones who live out in rural and semi rural areas, small towns, and have to drive to get to work. Take that 30-45 minute each way drive  and *expletive deleted*ck them good. Take that service truck, tractor trailer or delivery truck and really increase the costs of them doing business..
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2483 on: March 25, 2022, 09:42:42 PM »
$3.98 in Ohio and as I drove I to Pennsylvania it went up to about $4.35. Ended up in WV where it’s $3.93 around Morgantown

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2484 on: March 26, 2022, 07:01:57 AM »
Pennsylvania is turning into the California of the East tax wise, especially with fuel taxes.

I was going to retire back to Pennsylvania, but nope, no longer.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2485 on: March 26, 2022, 12:23:19 PM »
The Global went from $4.09 to $4.19.

The Shell went from $4.15 to $4.24. Of course, NONE of that is Joe's fault. He's only responsible for the price dropping. Greedy oil corporations are responsible for the price rising.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #2486 on: March 26, 2022, 05:22:59 PM »
Regular @ Costco was $3.89 this morning in Virginia.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2487 on: March 28, 2022, 09:32:35 AM »
Wow. With news that Shanghai is being locked down over COVID traders are apparently flashing back to the "OMG!!!" portion of the pandemic... crude is down almost $8 a barrel right now.

Still over $100 a barrel, though.

And I'm sure tomorrow will bring some mildly supportive news and the prices will rocket right the *expletive deleted*ck back up.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2488 on: March 28, 2022, 01:10:39 PM »
Heeeeer's Kamala

"How do we get to a solution for [gas prices]?"
https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1508479856220246025

:O

We are so *expletive deleted*ed

Kamala Harris lays out Biden admin’s solution to high gas prices and offers some words of encouragement for struggling Americans [audio]
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/03/28/kamala-harris-lays-out-biden-admins-solution-to-high-gas-prices-and-offers-some-words-of-encouragement-for-struggling-americans-audio/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2489 on: March 28, 2022, 06:46:52 PM »
One heartbeat away.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2490 on: March 29, 2022, 07:25:15 AM »
"And I'm sure tomorrow will bring some mildly supportive news and the prices will rocket right the *expletive deleted*ck back up. "

Oh boy! The rocket is armed and launching!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2491 on: March 29, 2022, 08:31:48 AM »
Houston, we have a negative on that orbit trajectory...

Wow. Talk about a quick turnaround. WTI is now down $5 a barrel, sitting at $100.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2492 on: March 30, 2022, 10:18:29 AM »
And there's our rocket up oil's ass...

Most of yesterday's declines slowly decayed. Today? Up over $4 a barrel because... something something possibly bad possibly not something something! OMG!

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2493 on: March 30, 2022, 02:52:00 PM »
A couple of days ago we took a round trip from N. TX to San Antonio.*  Prices (that I saw) ranged from $3.56 to $4.09 for the cheap stuff.  Diesel was about $1.00/gal more.

I, of course, didn't need gas when near the cheap prices, but I didn't pay more than $3.80 either time I filled up.

*Hwy 34 to 35 down, Hwy 35 to 171/31 to 19 back.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2494 on: March 31, 2022, 08:15:46 AM »
Crude prices are falling like a freaking stone today...

Because Brandon is supposedly looking at tapping the ever loving hell out of the strategic petroleum reserve....

Upwards 1 million barrels a day for several months.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/31/oil-markets-us-strategic-petroleum-reserve.html

Of course, let's NOT address the problem of global production shortfalls by making it easier for US producers to actually *expletive deleted*ing produce oil...  :facepalm:

And, given that the SPR only holds about 715 million barrels of oil, and right now it's well off it's capacity (as of 4 December is was down to about 550 million barrels...

Well, you do the math.

What's even more interesting is that there's no word of what Brandon's plan is to replenish the reserve. Of course, we can't do that, because fossil fuel is bad!

Christ, this has absolute disaster written all over it, and I hope the Republicans go to town on this decision.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2495 on: March 31, 2022, 08:24:54 AM »

Because Brandon is supposedly looking at tapping the ever loving hell out of the strategic petroleum reserve....

Upwards 1 million barrels a day for several months.

He's such a dumb *expletive deleted*ing ahole. AFAIC, using the Strategic Reserves like this (especially when you're the one who caused the problem on day #2 in office) should be an impeachable offense, no matter who's in charge.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2496 on: March 31, 2022, 08:52:11 AM »
I haven't had to pay over $3.999 for gas (local Texaco) during this run-up. I've seen a few stations a little cheaper.

As for the SPR . . . wasn't it Trump who bought a lot of oil for the SPR when prices collapsed a few years back?

Maybe Brandon figures it's one more good thing Trump did that he can break.

Stupidity or senility is no longer sufficient to explain his actions - malice is beginning to look much more apt. Brandon could do better for this country if he made every decision by coin flip.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2497 on: March 31, 2022, 09:14:00 AM »
"As for the SPR . . . wasn't it Trump who bought a lot of oil for the SPR when prices collapsed a few years back?"

Yes, and a good chunk of it was American produced oil, IIRC.

What's lesser known is that since at least 2015 the Government has been quietly selling off tranches of the SPR as a means of reducing the deficit.  :mad:

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2498 on: March 31, 2022, 10:44:18 AM »
About to drive down to Florida, across to Arizona and back to Ohio in the next 2 weeks.  Will let ya all know how much it hurt at the gas pump.

Taking the Explorer that gets roughly 20 mpg. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."