Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 391755 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #3625 on: December 15, 2023, 09:12:04 PM »
Well then.

Guess I should do more research before posting.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3626 on: December 15, 2023, 09:13:05 PM »
Well then.

Guess I should do more research before posting.

It's all good, really hasn't been glaring front page news much.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3627 on: December 17, 2023, 09:15:15 AM »
$2.86 at the Global this morning.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3628 on: December 17, 2023, 01:04:04 PM »
$2.79 up at the Murphy's in Granite Falls this morning. Lowest it's been in a while.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3629 on: December 17, 2023, 01:09:27 PM »
Local Exxon has regular at $2.399 just west of Austin, TX. Ditto for the local HEB grocery store's gas station.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3630 on: December 17, 2023, 08:12:58 PM »
$2.459 around noon today in the old River City.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3631 on: December 18, 2023, 07:42:03 AM »
And the Wawa is now matching the Global at $2.86, which likely means that Global's price will drop a few cents the next time the truck fills the tanks.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3632 on: December 19, 2023, 07:38:23 AM »
Wawa went back up to $2.99 overnight.

Wheee...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3633 on: January 04, 2024, 08:00:26 AM »
Price has been dropping a bit the last few days.

Down to $2.91 at Wawa, $2.89 at the Global.

Passed an Exxon station I've referenced here at various times. It's the only station on a fairly long stretch of road.

Their price is still... $3.99 a gallon. WTF?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3634 on: January 04, 2024, 08:02:11 AM »
$2.62
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3635 on: January 04, 2024, 09:18:47 AM »

Passed an Exxon station I've referenced here at various times. It's the only station on a fairly long stretch of road.

They must have a loyal (read: dumb) clientele willing to pay those kind of high prices.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3636 on: January 04, 2024, 09:22:28 AM »

They must have a loyal (read: dumb) clientele willing to pay those kind of high prices.

No Exxons here in Louisville but we do have BPs and they're like that yet you always see people getting gas at one. According to someone who drives gas tankers they pull from the same tanks.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3637 on: January 04, 2024, 09:39:31 AM »

No, I think it's more of a "well, we're the ONLY station in sight, and obviously people have no clue where other stations are, so we can charge what we want! And people have to pay it!"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3638 on: January 04, 2024, 09:43:20 AM »
No, I think it's more of a "well, we're the ONLY station in sight, and obviously people have no clue where other stations are, so we can charge what we want! And people have to pay it!"

With the BP stations I mentioned above some of them will be right across the street from a much cheaper station and yet you still see people pumping gas there. Maybe because there's never a line for some bizarre reason :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3639 on: January 04, 2024, 09:48:53 AM »
 All stations will have price variations. BP generally does have higher gas prices here in Northern Virginia, but it's generally not too far off from the prices other stations are charging.

Around here the price topper generally seems to be Shell, which is normally 20 or so cents a gallon more expensive than the other stations around it.

But, I generally fill up at Shell. Not because I'm Shell loyal, but because my grocery store has a rewards program with them. My last fill up I got $1.20 off a gallon.

When I'm just topping up, or in between points based fill ups, I'll generally get gas at the Global or the Wawa.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3640 on: January 04, 2024, 10:13:00 AM »
The first Buc-ee's station is local to me.  There are smaller Buc-ee's all over the my area.  That is generally my goto for gas as they generally have the best price.  Valero is probably my backup as they are typically not too expensive. 

In the town where I grew up, there was an Exxon station on the interstate that was always 10 cents a gallon higher than anyone else.  They got a lot of business from people using their Exxon credit cards and/or who felt they trusted their gas.  Of course, that station had a full service lane.  I don't know if anyone does that anymore. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3641 on: January 04, 2024, 10:19:29 AM »
There's been some talk of Buc-ees coming to Virginia by 2027. It will be further down south, but if the plans hold out it's going to be a big interstate location with 120 fueling lanes.

I'm interested in trying some of their snacks, which a lot of people say are really good.

I'll also be interested in trying their coffee. That's the one thing that can keep me going to a particular station. The coffee is why I keep hitting the Wawa near me.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3642 on: January 04, 2024, 10:24:53 AM »
There's been some talk of Buc-ees coming to Virginia by 2027. It will be further down south, but if the plans hold out it's going to be a big interstate location with 120 fueling lanes.

They're just starting to move into Kentucky with one that just opened and another building. Neither one anywhere near me though
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3643 on: January 04, 2024, 10:29:10 AM »

I never see that here, but back in Santa Barbara there were a couple of stations - one a Chevron and one a Mobil, that were always way higher than everyone else. When prices were lower, they might be $0.50 higher, when prices were higher, they might be $1 higher. No real rhyme or reason. The Chevron was just up the street from the University, so one explanation would be trust fund babies at the University driving the BMW their parents bought them and using daddy's credit card. Even though there was a normally priced station literally 1/2 mile away. I could never figure out the Mobil. It was in an odd location with no other stations near, but there were plenty of stations within a mile, and where most everyone would have to drive anyway to get anywhere in relation to the Mobil's location.

I recall the congresswoman at the time, Lois Capps, was investigating it because there were so many complaints.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3644 on: January 04, 2024, 10:43:36 AM »
I never see that here, but back in Santa Barbara there were a couple of stations - one a Chevron and one a Mobil, that were always way higher than everyone else. When prices were lower, they might be $0.50 higher, when prices were higher, they might be $1 higher. No real rhyme or reason. The Chevron was just up the street from the University, so one explanation would be trust fund babies at the University driving the BMW their parents bought them and using daddy's credit card. Even though there was a normally priced station literally 1/2 mile away.

Going after that young impulse buyer who want it now.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3645 on: January 05, 2024, 01:36:36 AM »
January 3, 2024, unleaded regular (10% ethanol) was $2.969 at the discount club. If I remember correctly, that's where the price sat around Christmas, as well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3646 on: January 15, 2024, 04:17:35 PM »
Price at the Global and the Wawa had dropped back to the mid $2.80s as of a few days ago.

This morning I pulled into Wawa to do a mid fill and... the price had bumped up overnight to $2.99.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #3647 on: January 15, 2024, 04:38:32 PM »
1/15/24: 2.799 for regular at Costco in Charlottesville.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3648 on: January 26, 2024, 05:23:27 PM »
Gas prices are heading back up.

The Wawa jumped from $2.99 to $3.09 yesterday.

And crude has been gaining since last week. It topped $78 a barrel today.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #3649 on: January 26, 2024, 05:37:19 PM »
$2.869 at Costco in Virginia this morning.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame