Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 449163 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #3700 on: May 22, 2024, 08:21:15 PM »
I just paid $3.429 for unleaded regular (with ethanol) at the discount club. That's down 5 cents since two weeks ago.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3701 on: May 23, 2024, 07:15:34 PM »
I paid $ 3.92/gallon at the Marysville Costco this morning.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3702 on: May 23, 2024, 09:43:51 PM »
Last week Murphy was $2.91, today it was $2.82.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3703 on: June 03, 2024, 12:52:22 PM »
OPEC+ has decided to extend production cuts into 2025. I expect the reserve to be empty before November.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3704 on: June 03, 2024, 02:30:43 PM »
OPEC+ has decided to extend production cuts into 2025. I expect the reserve to be empty before November.

But the liberal NPCs all tell me we are drilling more than ever…
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Boomhauer

• friends

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3706 on: June 06, 2024, 03:37:45 PM »
According to stlouisgasprices.com, prices in this area are ranging from $3.659 at 3 stations (one a Sam's Club), 6 at $3.699, and several at each of these prices - $3.729, $3.749, $3.769, & $3.799.  Some of these prices are almost 24 hours old however and are dropped from the map at that point.

AND, don't forget, Gov. "Jabba's" mandatory gas tax increase goes into effect 7/1/24.
  :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3707 on: June 06, 2024, 04:44:11 PM »
THe price here in NoVa has slipped about 15 cents since the last jump a few weeks ago.

That means it's TIME FOR ANOTHER PRICE JUMP FOR NO REASON!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3708 on: June 06, 2024, 09:08:18 PM »
Driving by the station down the road a bit today on the way home Regular gas and Diesel were both 3.549

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3709 on: June 06, 2024, 09:13:05 PM »
Plenty of gas for the gas lighting though.

Wrong kind of gas. What the writers had for lunch produces the kind of gas needed for that kind of gas lighting.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 09:45:04 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3710 on: June 07, 2024, 08:17:47 PM »
Friday, June 7, 2024: $2.299 for unleaded, regular gasahol at the discount club.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3711 on: June 08, 2024, 08:24:57 AM »
About the only people who use gasoline for lighting these days are campers and the Amish.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3712 on: June 09, 2024, 09:19:51 PM »
About the only people who use gasoline for lighting these days are campers and the Amish.

IIRC, the Amish use paraffin candles and kerosene for "lighting", not gasoline (too explosive).
And so many campers have "gone green" (aka "woke"), they use battery-powered products or "white gas" which is actually a naptha-based fuel, again, not gasoline.  Some use propane however and I have two double-mantle lanterns, one propane & one white gas.  The 2-burner stove is white gas and the 2 "railroad lanterns" (1 large, 1 small) use kerosene.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3713 on: June 09, 2024, 09:21:58 PM »
IIRC, the Amish use paraffin candles and kerosene for "lighting", not gasoline (too explosive).
And so many campers have "gone green" (aka "woke"), they use battery-powered products or "white gas" which is actually a naptha-based fuel, again, not gasoline.  Some use propane however and I have two double-mantle lanterns, one propane & one white gas.  The 2-burner stove is white gas and the 2 "railroad lanterns" (1 large, 1 small) use kerosene.

There are also gasoline-fueled camping lanterns and stoves.  I have one of the stoves.
"It's good, though..."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3714 on: June 09, 2024, 09:39:53 PM »
^^^^
I remember those too as they were somewhat controversial when they came out as the early ones had to specify "unleaded gas only" as leaded gas had not been fully phased out.
The one time I was around one several years ago, they had a more pronounced smell (stench?) unlike the white gas stoves.  The one advantage was that you only had to carry one fuel for both your vehicle and the stove.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3715 on: June 10, 2024, 09:52:15 AM »
"IIRC, the Amish use paraffin candles and kerosene for "lighting", not gasoline (too explosive)."

Incorrect.

Many Amish still employ gasoline pressure lamps like the Coleman 156.

I've been in multiple Amish homes and offices where they have been in active use.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3716 on: June 11, 2024, 02:36:21 PM »
Price was down to $3.25 a gallon at the Wawa this morning. As I finished pumping about 5 gallons (was getting low, but don't want to fill up right now because I don't have that many rewards points), a tanker was pulling in to delivery. I'm wondering if the price will slip again with the new delivery.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3717 on: June 12, 2024, 04:24:05 PM »
And, as predicted, the price per gallon here in my neck of Northern Virginia has jumped BACK to $3.49 a *expletive deleted*ing gallon.

Joe Biden: We can't get the price too low, or people will drive more and murder Earth Gaia, but we can't let it jump too high or it might cost me votes...

But remember, I'm not responsible for high gas prices, but I AM fully responsible for lowering the price of your gasoline! VOTE FOR... Uh... who are they supposed to vote for again?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3718 on: June 12, 2024, 04:27:11 PM »
And, as predicted, the price per gallon here in my neck of Northern Virginia has jumped BACK to $3.49 a *expletive deleted*ing gallon.

Joe Biden: We can't get the price too low, or people will drive more and murder Earth Gaia, but we can't let it jump too high or it might cost me votes...

But remember, I'm not responsible for high gas prices, but I AM fully responsible for lowering the price of your gasoline! VOTE FOR... Uh... who are they supposed to vote for again?

Don't worry, they're regulating gas cars out of existence so before long you won't have a choice if they continue to have their way. Choices are bad.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3719 on: June 12, 2024, 04:29:48 PM »
$3.29 at Sams here
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3720 on: June 14, 2024, 10:32:49 PM »
Friday, June 14, 2024: $2.279 for unleaded, regular gasahol at the discount club.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #3721 on: June 15, 2024, 09:16:12 AM »
Wrong kind of gas. What the writers had for lunch produces the kind of gas needed for that kind of gas lighting.

I was referring to the Pravda articles such as the screenshot desperately trying to gaslight us that there is plenty of gas and oil and the prices are the lowest ever. Aka “we’re drilling more than ever” trying to say that the Biden administration is energy friendly.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3722 on: June 15, 2024, 02:50:44 PM »
I filled up my car yesterday at one of those $3.659 stations previously mentioned.  It's been about 6 weeks since the last time I filled it up.

Isn't it nice to be retired and not have to commute?
  >:D  :rofl:

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3723 on: June 15, 2024, 10:33:54 PM »
Since I drive 30 miles a day to/from work and normally 300 to 400 miles/month for doc appointments, it's a good thing our prices are relatively low at $2.79 (today's price) for the cheap stuff.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3724 on: Today at 07:02:24 AM »
A tank for my Forester usually lasts 3 weeks or so since my basic daily commute is about 10 miles total. It would be less, but Seren's day care is in the opposite direction from my office, so that adds a couple of miles.