Author Topic: A little mushroom farm north of the 51'st...  (Read 791 times)

mfree

• friend
A little mushroom farm north of the 51'st...
« on: October 08, 2006, 06:25:02 PM »
Well, news is reporting that NoKo says they had a successful nuclear device test.

This may get interesting... We have devices we use to monitor SALT treaty status that pick up underground detonations, we should know shortly if it's real or they're lying through their tooth.

I predict the UN has it's typically toothless, gutless response.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 03:19:11 AM »
What?  You don't think Dr. Evil lives in perpetual fear of a UN resolution?Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 04:53:28 AM »
Big deal...

Nothing's changed. I just looked outside and the sun actually came up this morning. The end isn't near and the civilized nations aren't going to do anything about the NK nuclear test except thump their chests and maybe rattle a few sabers.

Nor should they. North Korea may be run by a demonic fool but it is still a sovereign nation. Neither the US nor any other nation has any right to tell it what to do. If we don't like its actions then we can ignore it, stop doing business with it etc - which seems likely.

On the other hand, there's always the doctrine of might makes right so I suppose we could pre-empt any use of nukes by the NK's by using our own weapons against them - a few hundred well placed Tomahawk missiles, some bunker busters and well - hell - maybe even a nuke or two ought to take care of the problem.

Lost of options on the table - unfortunately no one has the cajones to do what's really needed and that's take out Kim Jong Il, dismantle the NK regime and reintegrate it with the more civilized South Korea. That's never gonna happen though so we best just learn to deal with a nuclear armed North Korea.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online