Author Topic: More camera fun.  (Read 815 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
More camera fun.
« on: November 06, 2014, 09:37:34 PM »
Getting the camera out some more.

still got a lot to learn but not a hideous beginning.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: More camera fun.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:50:32 AM »
The only way I get a good looking moon that big is if I drop my pants and bend over.

Details man. Lens, exposure, etc.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 03:05:24 PM »
Camera is a Canon EOS 70D, lense is Canon 55-250 IS zoom at full zoom. I did manual exposure with ISO set to 200 and ran a range of shutter speeds. From 1/100 - to 1/500 or so, I'd have to look at the EXIF to see which these were at. I tweeked them a little in PS and the 1st one is over sharpened some. I was just bracing on a post last night and will set up my tripod if it's clear tonight and see if I can do a little better.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 03:58:40 PM »
Any chance of getting pics of the dark side where the Nazis are hiding?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 06:50:54 PM »
I could do that for you but then....

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 06:52:16 PM »
Not cotton-pickin'  bad !

I'm impressed !

MechAg94 beat me to it.  Dang, you gotta keep an eye on this board ev-uhry second.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:55:52 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:29:21 PM »
Any chance of getting pics of the dark side where the Nazis are hiding?

Bad intel.  They're actually under the snow.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 02:07:48 AM »
More lunacy.
these were shot with more or less some of the same manual setting as last night but I used my tripod and remote tripped the shutter using Canon's "Live mode" via  the lcd display.

some minor adjustments in photoshop and here they are.
One thing I knot iced is the greater detail to be seen in terms upper right edge that has now begun to fall into shadow.
I'm hoping to get a good sequence of the phases, weather permitting.

Samuel Adams