Author Topic: Ferguson National Response Network  (Read 7415 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Ferguson National Response Network
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 08:26:31 AM »
I see one in Virginia. And quite a few in North Carolina. By some STRANGE coincidence, these (at least Virginia and North Carolina) seem to be occurring in areas with universities.

How odd.

Those may just be fried chicken, malt liquor, and watermelon parties.  (I *love* fried chicken, watermelon, and malt liquor)
"It's good, though..."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 09:17:57 AM »
Closes one to me is going to be in Beavercreek, Ohio (East of Dayton). 
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 09:46:28 AM »
I see Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia here in Washington.  Interesting but not surprising that there is nothing planned in the more conservative areas of eastern Washington. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »
Those may just be fried chicken, malt liquor, and watermelon parties.  (I *love* fried chicken, watermelon, and malt liquor)

Me, too. There is at least one good soul food establishment within walking distance of downtown.  If the rioters torch the place, I say mow down the mob as cultural vandals.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
Thinking about body armor just makes me want to pull out my SOCOM and make sure it is handy.

I also think some of those people who steal the body armor might be real shocked by how much force is transferred to the body despite the armor.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 10:06:52 AM »
Me, too. There is at least one good soul food establishment within walking distance of downtown.  If the rioters torch the place, I say mow down the mob as cultural vandals.
Real Vandals might have done a lot worse.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 10:07:15 AM »

I used to piss off a roommate on active duty when I told him the two 40's of Ole E weren't for him.  
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2014, 10:08:31 AM »
Thinking about body armor just makes me want to pull out my SOCOM and make sure it is handy.

I also think some of those people who steal the body armor might be real shocked by how much force is transferred to the body despite the armor.  

Snipers in Iraq and Afghanistan started targeting the groin area with hopes to take out the femoral artery instead of center mass shots to get around body armor.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »
Shotgun?  Slugs will penetrate most armor.  Or at least make the wearer regret starting the fight to begin with.

One of those rare situations where Dragon's Breath actually makes a pretty good defensive round; they're likely to be wearing warm synthetics under and over the armor.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2014, 10:31:54 AM »
Starting tomorrow AM, I will not be near a large urban center until the day before Thanksgiving.  Still going to bring a social shotgun along.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2014, 10:39:55 AM »
So the white kids from William and Mary are gonna protest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2014, 10:42:58 AM »
Driving home yesterday I passed ~25 folks demonstrating with Trayvon and Brown signs.  There was one very nervous looking city cop.  Tampa has one of those protests planned for the GJ release day, but it's not in an area I ever go.

That said, I pulled some mags out of storage and put them on my plate carrier ready to go.  I've got a couple ghettos close enough to my neighborhood that any party could conceivably travel.  I don't think that's very likely though.  

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2014, 07:05:24 AM »
Geez, my fair city is listed for a 6 PM riot, down town.   ;/

Even more bothersome, there is a section 8 crack town about a mile away from the casa.  Guess I'd best be paying attention, eh?   Dang.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2014, 08:49:30 AM »
there is a section 8 crack town about a mile away from the casa

That bunch will slit your throat any day.

Like I said, I wouldn't worry too much about most of the planned satellite riots, they are likely to amount to a lot of nothing. Ferguson is where it's going down hard.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2014, 12:37:55 PM »
http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/post/103044123833/olympia-wa-corners-of-4th-washington-day

One can only hope that the verdict is released on Dec 12th, but I think it will be long before that.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/politicsnorthwest/2014/11/11/i-594-opponents-bringing-their-guns-to-olympia-rally-next-month/

I would bet the I594 group will outnumber the Ferguson Response by quite a bit.

bob

BobR

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »
I see Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia here in Washington.  Interesting but not surprising that there is nothing planned in the more conservative areas of eastern Washington.  

Give them time, I am sure someone will wake up soon and try to organize something.

bob

eta: After a little thought on the subject, it may be easier to organize a Support for Darren Wilson rally. ;)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2014, 03:14:17 PM »
One can only hope that the verdict is released on Dec 12th, but I think it will be long before that.

No. Just no. It's been long enough. Let's have this over and done with.

I don't know how well you folks can see it from your hoods, but all signs are pointing to tomorrow, Sunday the 23th. Lots of rain in the forecast, so why not?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2014, 03:54:33 PM »
According to the latest, the GJ is convening again on Monday:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/22/us/ferguson-grand-jury-ruling/index.html

Maybe they'll announce the day before Thanksgiving. That would be interesting.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2014, 03:58:42 PM »
According to the latest, the GJ is convening again on Monday:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/22/us/ferguson-grand-jury-ruling/index.html

Maybe they'll announce the day before Thanksgiving. That would be interesting.

:facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2014, 04:20:18 PM »
The longer they drag it out the more I suspect the GJ  is going to indict simply out of fear of what would happen if they didn't.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• friend
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2014, 04:24:53 PM »
The longer they drag it out the more I suspect the GJ  is going to indict simply out of fear of what would happen if they didn't.

What they may not realize is that it is going to happen no matter which way the GJ decides. Acquitted = Protest with looting and burning.  Indicted = Celebration with looting and burning.

There is no way to get out of this peacefully I am afraid.

bob

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »
What they may not realize is that it is going to happen no matter which way the GJ decides. Acquitted = Protest with looting and burning.  Indicted = Celebration with looting and burning.

There is no way to get out of this peacefully I am afraid.

bob

That also means there's little risk in doing the right thing.  The pressure is actually off if they realize it.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2014, 05:10:38 PM »
The longer they drag it out the more I suspect the GJ  is going to indict simply out of fear of what would happen if they didn't.

That's the direction my jaded self is going. Maybe they won't indict, but the dragging it out is because they simply haven't been able to get evidence to indict and they're doing their darndest to find something. If they'd had clear evidence to indict, they would have done so many weeks ago. The sad part is that without clear evidence to indict, they should have also acquitted many weeks ago. Guilty until proven innocent.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2014, 08:51:19 PM »
I see one in Virginia. And quite a few in North Carolina. By some STRANGE coincidence, these (at least Virginia and North Carolina) seem to be occurring in areas with universities.

That would be because outside of those universities the good citizens of those states might just shoot some rioters, and the po-leece might not care too much if rioters got shot.

Notice not a one is planned for SC.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2014, 09:01:10 PM »
That would be because outside of those universities the good citizens of those states might just shoot some rioters, and the po-leece might not care too much if rioters got shot.

Notice not a one is planned for SC.

the Libs hate SC but for all that I've never heard of any racial issues here, at least not since the civil rights issues.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.