Author Topic: The gun you wear: the Taurus curve  (Read 6747 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: The gun you wear: the Taurus curve
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 08:59:37 AM »
The issue I have is that people attracted to the Taurus price-point and er... novelty that some of their firearms demonstrate won't be using the little trigger guard cover, and be sticking a single action/single stage trigger for a striker-fired pistol directly into their pants. Something that the gun community has deemed "Not a great idea ©" with the clipdraw's original debut with Glocks etc.

Unless I missed something, the Curve is yet another variation of the Kel Tec system, which is to say, hammer fired.  Kel Tec and Ruger, right now, sell belt clips for their P3AT, PF9 and LCP guns, maybe others.  Not sure about Taurus.  Not saying it's a good idea or bad, but we do have some history to go on.  I cannot recall seeing a report of an accidental discharge from a gun so carried.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:11:04 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 10:28:17 AM »
For me: 
1.  That gun is so short, the curve is almost pointless.  A curve would make more sense with a taller magazine with more capacity. 
2.  They should have at least put some notch sights to give you some aiming reference if there is no laser. 

I am not sure grip is a big concern as you are only getting 2 or 3 fingers on that grip to begin with.
I wonder if there was a way to make the grip partially flexible where it could curve a little, but straighten up when you actually shoot.

There might be others who like it.  I'll spend money elsewhere. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »
I saw mention of ankle carry on another site.  Do any of you think the curve would make ankle or pocket carry more comfortable? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 02:10:34 PM »
I saw mention of ankle carry on another site.  Do any of you think the curve would make ankle or pocket carry more comfortable? 

Ankle holsters are usually one big mass of neoprene anyway, aren't they.  Doubt it would make a difference.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2014, 09:27:19 PM »
Oh, and lookie at this.  "The View" is history.

ARCHIVE
Taurus 85VTAP Revolver | .38 Special 5 Rounds Pink Finish

ARCHIVE
Taurus 85VTA Revolver | .38 Special 5 Rounds Silver Finish

The models listed below are no longer in production and/or imported by Taurus International Mfg. Content is subject to change and is provided here for reference purposes only.

One crackpot idea at a time.  Or, maybe the View was the recently sacked previous president's idea, and they axed it as quicky as they could.