Author Topic: Republican-controlled House Intel Committee issues Benghazi report  (Read 2659 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Republican-controlled House Intel Committee issues Benghazi report
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 10:28:48 AM »
Dark conspiracies?  No.  Efforts to cover up failures due to incompetence or just an outright lack of concern?  Yes.
Something could have been done, support or rescue missions at least attempted.  Would anything like that have ultimately been successful in keeping our people alive?  No one will ever know.  But at the very least the effort should have been made to help our citizens when they were in trouble. But nothing was done, not a damn thing.  Someone should be held accountable for that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
Dark conspiracies?  No.  Efforts to cover up failures due to incompetence or just an outright lack of concern?  Yes.
Something could have been done, support or rescue missions at least attempted.  Would anything like that have ultimately been successful in keeping our people alive?  No one will ever know.  But at the very least the effort should have been made to help our citizens when they were in trouble. But nothing was done, not a damn thing.  Someone should be held accountable for that.

And that LAST PART is what has always bugged me about this event.
Alan Colmes, on Fox News always whined "where's the scandal?"  when the subject was discussed.  Colmes, famous for making up strawman arguments, always somehow kept missing the point.
Perhaps the "scandal" was the attempt to "dismiss" a terrorist attack as a "protest gone awgly" over some dumb youtube video that supposedly insulted Islam.
Who called off the military rescue?  Why?   Remembering that during the event, they had no idea how long the event would last so claiming they did not have the time is 20-20 hindsight reasoning.   Or excuse-making.

Tring to access thar sight gave me a blank white page with a header .... so I guess nothing new was really learned, or learnable.
Sorta like asking why did Custer lose the Battle of the Little Bighorn?  "Because the Indians won." [tinfoil]

Yea .... sorta figured that.

[popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 02:36:29 PM »
We will see!  Time will tell.  I withhold judgement until I hear testimony from military commanders relieved of duty because they ACTED first.  Too many stories of lower ranking worker-bees expecting to act and being told to stand down by unidentified boss-bees.  I am predisposed to believe what comes out of Trey Gowdy's investigation as closer to reality than other investigations for the simple reason power protects power regardless of the trappings of "impartiality'.  I want Ms Clinton under oath in front of cameras.  I want to know why the producer of the famed video is still in the lockup. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 10:47:32 PM »
I want Ms Clinton under oath in front of cameras.

"At this point, what difference does it make?"

She'll lie anyway. Oaths don't mean anything to pathological liars -- or politicians. (But I repeat myself.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »
Nevermind whether we could have or should have helped, rescued or done anything about our people.

It's like everyone has forgotten all about the cover up.  Spontaneous protests and all that noise.  What happened to all the youtube video bullshit?  Evidence of this being a carefully planned attack?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 10:39:15 AM »
Nevermind whether we could have or should have helped, rescued or done anything about our people.

It's like everyone has forgotten all about the cover up.  Spontaneous protests and all that noise.  What happened to all the youtube video bullshit?  Evidence of this being a carefully planned attack?

And the fact that the Administration and its enablers seemed to care less and do less about the murder of Americans on foreign soil, including an Ambassador, than they did about a strong-arm robber in Ferguson.

US installation attacked and Ambassador murdered? "*expletive deleted*it happens." Bully killed by cop? DOJ priority assignment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 09:05:48 PM »
It gets better.  That jackass from South Carolina has weighed in:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/23/graham-critical-new-gop-house-report-on-benghazi-calls-findings-garbage/

I *hate* it when that happens.  (I agree with Graham)
"It's good, though..."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 09:17:46 PM »
I *hate* it when that happens.  (I agree with Graham)

Misread that a bit,  thought he was sticking up for the state dept.

Doesn't change the fact the Graham is an obnoxious RINO.  (Which lead to me assuming he was up to his usual schtick  )
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 09:27:56 AM »
Doesn't change the fact the Graham is an obnoxious RINO.  (Which lead to me assuming he was up to his usual schtick  )
  With the good senator from SC, every day is a new day.  Don't like his position on XYZ,  stick around cause it will change in short order. 

I'll never understand how a state like SC can produce such a strong stable of constitutionalists / libertarians like Demint, Gowdy, Mulvaney, Scott, and Sanford and keep electing a klinker like Graham.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
Remembering that during the event, they had no idea how long the event would last so claiming they did not have the time is 20-20 hindsight reasoning.   Or excuse-making.

This; if I call the sheriff and report a gunfight in progress, even knowing that it's unlikely to last more than a few seconds and all his deputies are 20 minutes or more away, there will still be a heavily armed response (with EMS staging just out of danger) in as little time as they can manage because they just might have some tiny chance of saving somebody.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »
1)  Cover up and the white house was involved in it.
2)  There was a(t least one) stand down order(s).  Who issued it?
3)  He was there to rent a consoluate?  Bullscat. It was already rented.  And ambassadors don't go signing leases.  There are flunkies to do that.  
4) He met with the Turkish ambassador just prior to the attack.  To discuss what?  The Tobacco trade.
5)  There were at least 20 CIA para-military types at the Annex.  Just what was the other \Annex folks doing?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »
Rep. Rogers' wife heavily involved in a security consulting firm with government contracts, including operations in Libya:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/17/unraveling-benghazi-is-mike-rogers-part-of-the-problem/

ETA: I first heard this discussed yesterday on Fox News.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:02:28 AM by SADShooter »
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch