Author Topic: Grand Jury has a verdict in Ferguson  (Read 33312 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Grand Jury has a verdict in Ferguson
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »
The continual attempts to portray the punk as a "teen ager" disgust me. He was 18 years old and, apparently (based on stepdaddy's sweat shirt), a high school graduate. In my book, that makes him an adult, even though numerically he was still (marginally) in his teens. At 18, he was old enough to enlist in the military and old enough to be prosecuted as an adult for any crimes he might have committed.
Also old enough to vote, old enough to buy a rifle or shotgun, and old enough to sign a contract.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2014, 01:33:06 PM »
It's far, far harder to indict a police officer though - not only do they get premium representation through their union or similar structure, they also know the system and have personal relationships with those that would do the prosecuting.

Neither of which really helps all that much with the GJ, though. 

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2014, 03:12:02 PM »
I watched the prosecutor do his thing on TV last night and was very impressed at how he explaind the process, the law, and even the way he kind of snuck the No Bill in there. The people outside didn't even hear it for a few seconds and then they were looking all confused as to whether or not they heard what they thought they did. And then the media in the room when it was read started asking questions, seriously, do you have to become a retard to become a reporter?

bob

JN01

• friend
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »
You would think that listening would be an important skill for a reporter, particularly at a briefing that will give you all the information on the story you are covering.  Yet several of them asked about how the grand jurors voted after the Prosecutor explained that he would be prohibited from disclosing anything about the deliberations or votes, even if he knew, which, he didn't.   

Then there was the clown that asked something to the effect of "how is the community supposed to feel knowing that they can be killed with impunity?"

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »
Then there was the clown that asked something to the effect of "how is the community supposed to feel knowing that they can be killed with impunity?"

Easy; "disinclined toward robbery and any other unnecessary violence."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2014, 05:48:22 PM »
I'd be interested in the origin as well.  By context, it would appear to be either an attorney (in the sense of "ambulance chaser") or any low life who crawls on the floor like a cockroach.

???

Even Urban Dictionary doesn't show it as it has appeared recently, as in "hired a tile crawler":

http://www.urbandictionary.com/

you fit the description

Phrase that police use to justify arresting any African American in any situation.

I stopped you because you fit the description of a suspect who robbed a liquor store.

by D3uteron June 05, 2009

Not that Urban Dictionary is definitive, but it's a start.

I gargled tile crawler in various modes, "tilecrawler," tile-crawler," etc and still didn't come up with anything related to its recent slang usage here and elsewhere.

First time I noticed the phrase was only a month or so ago, but then again, I'm pretty non-hip.

'Tis a puzzlement.

Terry
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:58:24 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2014, 05:55:42 PM »
The continual attempts to portray the punk as a "teen ager" disgust me.

Better yet the photo they love to show of Brown is back when he was 12 or 13 years old.

I sincerely hope so.  A good, clean video of a righteous shoot would go a long way to defusing some of the stupid being kicked around.

I don't think you understand how these people operate.

There could be HDTV video from multiple angles, Jesus coming down and giving a play by play, and they'd still act like the animals they are.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2014, 06:12:26 PM »
Better yet the photo they love to show of Brown is back when he was 12 or 13 years old...

With his face radiating like Moses coming down from the Mountain.  (its easier to draw and a little more subtle than a halo)
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2014, 06:20:01 PM »

We don't go to Las Vegas and participate in the riots that didn't happen after my unarmed teenage cousin was gunned down by LVPD. And all of his wounds were in his back. I guess we missed an opportunity.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:46:19 PM by RoadKingLarry »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2014, 06:33:52 PM »

Thanks for posting this picture. I find it hilarious.  :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2014, 06:36:23 PM »
We don't go to Las Vegas and participate in the riots that didn't happen after my unarmed teenage cousin was gunned down by LVPD. And all of his wounds were[/] in his back. I guess we missed an opportunity.

I assume your cousin was white, and therefore the shooters were immediately killed and set on fire by fellow officers. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:28:28 PM by fistful »

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2014, 07:23:24 PM »
Better yet the photo they love to show of Brown is back when he was 12 or 13 years old.

I don't think you understand how these people operate.

There could be HDTV video from multiple angles, Jesus coming down and giving a play by play, and they'd still act like the animals they are.

Oh,  I understand just fine.  Those savages just looking for a reason to loot and pillage.  I want incontrovertible proof that the shoot was righteous so there's no way for a grand jury to judicially lynch the poor cop.  No charges against the innocent to placate those savages. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2014, 07:55:54 PM »

Just taking a page from the Trayvon Martin playbook.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2014, 09:02:24 PM »

As the prosecutor was leaving the room, did you hear the one that kept calling out "will you sleep well tonight"?   (or something very close to those words)
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2014, 01:37:56 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/24/ferguson-protests-michael-brown/70067388/
"They have insurance. They can rebuild. The life of Mike Brown can’t be rebuilt. Our patience cannot be rebuilt."

'Cause violating other people's rights is OK, as long as you're impatient about someone else not getting the so-called justice you think they deserve.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2014, 06:34:01 AM »
Wonderful.

In Philadelphia, several hundred protesters marched through downtown yelling "No justice, no peace, no racist police!" A similar protest of about 50 people in Pittsburgh was short-lived. Activists said they planned to regroup Tuesday at the federal courthouse.

About 15 people gathered in front of the Theodore Levin United States Federal Courthouse in Detroit earlier on Monday night.

The small group prayed and joined hands in the bitter cold as they awaited the decision. Rev. Charles Williams II, senior pastor at the Historic King Solomon Baptist Church of Detroit and Michigan regional president for the National Network, said the protest was held to demand justice and call for the U.S. Department of Justice to step in and prosecute Wilson.

They don't seem to acknowledge that justice and prosecuting Officer Wilson are not synonymous, and may actually be mutually exclusive.

In other words, "We failed to intimidate the state grand jury, so let's focus on intimidating the federal government."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2014, 06:46:24 AM »
I like how Obama stated yesterday it isn't his job as President to interject in ongoing investigations but yet going all the way back to 2009 til this year he does so every chance he gets, Fox News did a montage of his "greatest" hits.  Interesting also to see how much snow is on the top of his head today as opposed to 2009.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2014, 07:46:13 AM »
Someone got tired of the protests in MN and used their right foot.

http://m.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/283891941.html
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2014, 07:53:34 AM »
Now there's some social justice for ya.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2014, 08:00:12 AM »

Cops need to identify the pedestrians involved and make them pay for any damage to the car.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Re: Grand Jury has a verdict in Ferguson
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2014, 08:39:13 AM »

Stupid games stupid prizes.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2014, 09:24:55 AM »
http://www.click2houston.com/news/darren-wilson-sorry-but-conscience-is-clear/29926594
I saw this and was happy to see the officer wasn't whining or apologizing or begging for forgivness.  I think the interviewer wanted that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2014, 10:08:18 AM »
I would love to see step-dad brought up on charges for inciting a riot for his actions Monday night.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2014, 10:18:28 AM »

Rule 1 in a situation like this; once you start, don't stop.  Don't even slow down.