Author Topic: UVA Rape Story Unravels  (Read 4096 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
UVA Rape Story Unravels
« on: December 05, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
Hooray Rolling Stone! You dragged the school through the mud and caused nationwide progressive hand wringing, and have also now made it that much harder for someone who has actually been raped to step forward. Bravo Zulu.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/05/rape-story-unravels-rollng-stone-says-trust-in-uva-source-misplaced/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: UVA Rape Story Unravels
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 04:56:31 PM »
Don't feel too sorry for uva. Watch this. This was before the story broke

http://youtu.be/g-_yJGs5jeQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:43:18 PM »
Meanwhile, Bill Cosby has molested every woman he has ever met -- and probably a few that he hasn't -- and they've *just* now realized it 30 and 40 years later.   ;/
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:49:48 PM »
“The wrongs described in Rolling Stone are appalling and have caused all of us to reexamine our responsibility to this community,” Sullivan said at the time. “We are committed - above all else - to accountability with regard to these serious matters.”

"Sullivan" is Teresa Sullivan, president of the university.

So, then, President Sullivan -- does this mean you're going to suspend or expel "Jackie"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 11:55:09 PM »
Narrative Collapse.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 01:02:49 AM »
I went to UVA.  Jackie will be lucky if she isn't dismissed for an honor code violation -- lying.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 01:22:36 AM »
^ I live in Charlottesville. It ain't gonna happen.

This whole debacle, right after the whole kidnappings rapist thing (well, things, there's a lot of that around here) has turned an already mentally unstable town into sheer insanity.
And then the UVA brats were marching around the other night about the whole cop chokes guy woo woo...

or maybe I should say Wa Whoo Whoo.

The hand wringing will continue. I doubt it will be productive.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 01:35:03 AM »
^ My daughter, a coworker, and several other family members live there. And I just spent two weeks in C'ville.  We'll see what happens as more facts come out.  There must be a few people left who still care about the facts.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 07:53:56 AM »
The only fact that matters at UVA is cya. I find it incomprehensible that the women in charge of "policing" sexual assault reports freely admits that even when the attacker admits guilt he dies not get expelled. Just suspended

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 09:46:30 PM »
I guess it depends somewhat on how sexual assault is defined. What does that mean exactly...particularly on a college campus? Forcible intercourse, or fellatio? Copping a feel? I really don't know.
I'm guessing if it is the former, the girl would most likely bypass the school and go straight to the police.
I'm guessing the board/committee sorts out more interpersonal drama than facts.  Binge drinking makes it even more complicated. As the girl in the interview said, you hear two stories that are nearly identical, except for a key point or two.  I'm sure the guys who confess (and who are not expelled), are not confessing to forcible rape.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 10:20:32 PM »
I guess it depends somewhat on how sexual assault is defined

Well if you ask the nutty Feminist types, a man just existing is rape. And college age women are being indoctrinated in that crap by radical professors.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 11:18:52 PM »
I guess it depends somewhat on how sexual assault is defined. What does that mean exactly...particularly on a college campus? Forcible intercourse, or fellatio? Copping a feel? I really don't know.
I'm guessing if it is the former, the girl would most likely bypass the school and go straight to the police.
I'm guessing the board/committee sorts out more interpersonal drama than facts.  Binge drinking makes it even more complicated. As the girl in the interview said, you hear two stories that are nearly identical, except for a key point or two.  I'm sure the guys who confess (and who are not expelled), are not confessing to forcible rape.

If you watch the eramo video closely she defines herself those cases that have been handled in her 8 years. It predates the story. In fact I wonder in light of what's come out if the girl who told the story to rolling stone saw the interview. It's what might motivate a SJW to go all creative

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 06:56:56 PM »
Anyone ever heard of an outfit called GotNews?  They're reporting that Jackie has a history of bogus rape accusations. 

http://gotnews.com/breaking-heres-jackie-coakley-rape-obsessed-pinterest-account-uvahoax/

Seems sketchy, but could be huge if true.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »
Anyone ever heard of an outfit called GotNews?  They're reporting that Jackie has a history of bogus rape accusations. 

http://gotnews.com/breaking-heres-jackie-coakley-rape-obsessed-pinterest-account-uvahoax/

Seems sketchy, but could be huge if true.

I believe that "Jackie" is a pseudonym, and that website is essentially doing what Rolling Stone did but in reverse.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »
I believe that "Jackie" is a pseudonym, and that website is essentially doing what Rolling Stone did but in reverse.
IIRC, one publication had a picture of her, with her face completely blurred, and someone on either reddit or 4chan found the uncensored picture of her. Then again, it's not proof, and they could've used a random picture, but when the supposed victim is called "Jackie", and the person on the uncensored picture is "Jaqueline"...one wonders.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 08:36:37 PM »
Well she must have gotten advice from Lena Dunham, because that rape story is falling apart too. The person she falsely accused in her book is having his legal fees paid by her publisher. In the meantime, the purple booted Republican is nowhere to be found.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 10:34:25 PM »
Thread necro:  Rolling Stone now being sued by three members of the frat:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/29/media/rolling-stone-uva-frat-lawsuit/index.html

Three members of a University of Virginia fraternity sued Rolling Stone magazine Wednesday for a discredited story accusing frat members of gang raping a woman.
The suit was filed in Manhattan federal court on behalf of George Elias IV, Stephen Hadford and Ross Fowler. The three men, who graduated in 2013, were members of the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity that was cited in the Rolling Stone story.

Apparently not the first lawsuit:

The lawsuit was the second to be filed against Rolling Stone because of the story. Nicole Eramo, a UVA associate dean of students, sued the magazine and Erdely for $7.5 million, claiming the story depicted Eramo as a callous bureaucrat during the aftermath Jackie's supposed assault.

I'm sure RS has deep pockets, but even so, this could get expensive.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 10:56:31 PM »
I'm sure RS has deep pockets, but even so, this could get expensive.

Good.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 10:58:28 PM »
From what I heard on the Radio, the $$$ being asked for would put RS completely out of business.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 11:57:48 PM »
From what I heard on the Radio, the $$$ being asked for would put RS completely out of business.

Even better.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 12:33:28 AM »

I fail to see any downside to that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
Re:
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 02:38:07 AM »
Has the deans lawsuit moved forward ar all ?her interview with the student newspaper is pretty special

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 07:00:02 AM »
But if RS goes out of business, who will tell us which categories of firearms are the most dangerous?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 08:19:54 AM »
But if RS goes out of business, who will tell us which categories of firearms are the most dangerous?

I'd ship you the list but it's too heavy for a Flat Rate box.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB