Author Topic: The first land battle of the war in the Pacific, WWII  (Read 814 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
The first land battle of the war in the Pacific, WWII
« on: December 07, 2014, 10:45:33 AM »
http://drgrumpyinthehouse.blogspot.com/2014/12/december-7-1941.html

At some point Nishikaichi got his hand free - with the gun - and shot Kanahali 3 times - groin, stomach, and thigh. This, as it turned out, was a mistake.

The gunshot wounds only made the big Polynesian REALLY mad. He calmly stood up from the floor, picked the pilot up by his neck and one leg (he often did this with runaway sheep), and slammed him head first into a stone wall. Nishikaichi was killed instantly. When Ben turned to deal with Harada (who was still struggling with Mrs. Kanahali ), the housekeeper stopped fighting and shot himself.

Thus ended the first, and strangest, land battle of the Pacific war.

In August, 1945, Ben Kanahali was awarded the Purple Heart and Medal of Merit for his part in the action. His wife, sadly, never received any official recognition. He died in 1962, Ella in 1974.

Go read the rest of it.  It's fascinating history that I had never heard about.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: The first land battle of the war in the Pacific, WWII
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 05:14:24 PM »
Quote from: http://drgrumpyinthehouse.blogspot.com/2014/12/december-7-1941.html
The gunshot wounds only made the big Polynesian REALLY mad. He calmly stood up from the floor, picked the pilot up by his neck and one leg (he often did this with runaway sheep), and slammed him head first into a stone wall. Nishikaichi was killed instantly. When Ben turned to deal with Harada (who was still struggling with Mrs. Kanahali ), the housekeeper stopped fighting and shot himself.

I do like happy endings.
Formerly sumpnz