Author Topic: 4 day weekend- Where to go near Alabama and what to do?  (Read 886 times)

marklbucla

4 day weekend- Where to go near Alabama and what to do?
« on: October 15, 2006, 06:32:30 PM »
UA is on Fall Break this weekend, meaning the wife and I have a 4 day weekend here in Tuscaloosa, AL.

As newbies from Los Angeles, where should we go, what should we do, and where should we eat?
- Pearl River, MS?
- Atlanta, GA?
Tennessee??
Florida??

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:18:34 AM »
Head due south and hit the beach is an idea that appeals to me now that it's cooled off a bit. Northeast three or four hours will get you into the Smokies or the Blue Ridge, some of the prettiest mountains in the eastern U.S. and if I remember rightly it's about the right time of year for fall colors - I think we have someone on this forum from western North Carolina.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:14:22 AM »
There's a CMP store at Anniston, Alabama . . . stop by there and pick up an M1 or three.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:14:51 PM »
Yeah, the beach sounds good.  If you like looking at Victorian architecture, a wander around in Mobile isn't bad.  Good seafood east of town on the old Hwy 90, and also down south of Fairhope.
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.