Author Topic: Vile anti-gunner pushed through as Surgeon General thanks to D rule change  (Read 643 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Today, the imminently unqualified Vivek Murthy was pushed through as Surgeon General thanks to rules changes in the Senate. I eagerly look forward to when a future GOP President makes Rick Santorum head of the Department of Health and getting to mock all of the people who supported this when it was their guys abusing the rules. Some people don't get the concept that control of the fed.gov always swings back and forth, and whatever weapon you give yourself will be used against in 8 years max.

The lack of 60 votes means Murthy quite likely would not have been confirmed had Democrats not amended the Senate’s rules last November. That controversial change ultimately reduced the amount of support needed for executive branch nominees from 60 senators to 51 senators.

The NRA had made Murthy a top target of opposition over several of his comments in support of gun control laws. Democrats, nervous about angering the gun lobby ahead of the midterm elections, shelved the nomination for much of this year.

“We were running up against opposition from the gun groups, which of course has its influence on both sides of the aisle,” said Sen. Dick Durbin, the majority whip.

He acknowledged why his role at Doctors for Obama — which was later renamed Doctors for America — generated opposition from Republicans.

“I recognize that some of the work that I’ve done in Doctors for America, where we supported the ACA, can be perceived as partisan,” Murthy said in his only mention of the politics of the group. “I think it was unfortunate — and I think all of us believe this way — it was unfortunate that the discussion about health care became very partisan and it became polarized. In an ideal world, it wouldn’t have been that way.”

I have no idea why my pimping an org called "Doctor's for Obama" would be perceived as a partisan effort.  ;/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Vile anti-gunner pushed through as Surgeon General thanks to D rule change
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:30:20 PM »
“I recognize that some of the work that I’ve done in Doctors for America, where we supported the ACA, can be perceived as partisan,” Murthy said in his only mention of the politics of the group. “I think it was unfortunate — and I think all of us believe this way — it was unfortunate that the discussion about health care became very partisan and it became polarized. In an ideal world, it wouldn’t have been that way.”

No, we didn't want health care to be politicized. We just wanted politicians to control it.  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife