Author Topic: Gun Control Ad  (Read 3785 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Gun Control Ad
« on: December 23, 2014, 08:33:12 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Gun Control Ad
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
It's real

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 09:25:51 PM »
It's real

Then I recommend the follow up scene that one of the commenters at the site suggested - Home invaders break into the home and the mother frantically searches for the gun that's no longer there. Kid comes home to dead mom. Or my version, where he comes home to a bunch of cops and EMTs and his bloodied and dying mother calls him over. "Oh Johnny, if I'd only been able to find my gun. If I'd only been able to find my gu..."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »
My kid does that the beating would be epic.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 10:26:09 PM »
Does anybody have a non-private youtube link?  Did the creator realize how stupid his suggestion was and yank it, all the links I've found are marked private.

BTW, I'd consider it stupid even from a anti-gun side:  The likelihood of the child facing suspensions and even expulsion, possibly criminal charges, is enough on it's own to render it a very stupid idea.

edit, found an active link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIa4NkQXm8Y
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:29:21 PM by Firethorn »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
Does anybody have a non-private youtube link?  Did the creator realize how stupid his suggestion was and yank it, all the links I've found are marked private.

BTW, I'd consider it stupid even from a anti-gun side:  The likelihood of the child facing suspensions and even expulsion, possibly criminal charges, is enough on it's own to render it a very stupid idea.

Interesting. The Youtube link was working when I posted this topic. They disabled it within the last hour. Perhaps on advice of their attorney.

Edit: posted my reply at the same time Firethorn found a workaround link. :)

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 10:37:47 PM »
Interesting. The Youtube link was working when I posted this topic. They disabled it within the last hour. Perhaps on advice of their attorney.

Edit: posted my reply at the same time Firethorn found a workaround link. :)

Six news sites, all private.  Had to track down the original poster's feed to get one.  She still has it live.

And it's incredibly dumb.  Should show step #2 - the kid being led off in handcuffs for bringing a gun to school, as well as mom looking at an expulsion letter.

I'm not happy with mom having the gun unholstered and unsecured in a locking container, but the kid had to be looking where he's not allowed to find it.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 10:42:17 PM »

Not to mention the very real possibility that he could get shot, or wind up shooting his teacher, after the whole "HEY TEECH, LOOK WHAT *I* GOT!" bit at the end.

I'm thinking of of giving this one the JamisJockey treatment... it's been a while since I've done any video editing.....
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 10:54:09 PM »
Not to mention the very real possibility that he could get shot, or wind up shooting his teacher, after the whole "HEY TEECH, LOOK WHAT *I* GOT!" bit at the end.

I'm thinking of of giving this one the JamisJockey treatment... it's been a while since I've done any video editing.....

No kidding.  I winced when he stuck it in his backpack.  I was actually surprised he properly indexed his finger, to me this indicates he has training, so why the heck is he afraid of it?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »
Some kid does this after seeing the ad . . . couldn't an argument be made for prosecution for contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

I mean, the ad is specifically aimed at children, and is advising them to commit a crime . . .  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 12:17:23 AM »
This is the intellectual level I find most gun-grabbers to be at.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 12:24:18 AM »

I like how the gun is clearly not causing any violence, either when at home in the drawer, or when at school. The home environment was especially peaceful. Fail.

No kidding.  I winced when he stuck it in his backpack.  I was actually surprised he properly indexed his finger, to me this indicates he has training, so why the heck is he afraid of it?

Watch him grab it out of the drawer. Finger all wrapped up around the go-button.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 01:42:11 AM »

Play "Count the Felonies !!!"  I came up with four.   There might be others, but I just hit the big ones.

1.  Theft (of a firearm, by someone under the age of 18/21)
2.  Possession of a Pistol (without permission) by someone under the age of 21.
3.  Gun in School (is that a Federal No-no?)
4.  Brandishing
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 02:06:10 AM »
Play "Count the Felonies !!!"  I came up with four.   There might be others, but I just hit the big ones.

1.  Theft (of a firearm, by someone under the age of 18/21)
2.  Possession of a Pistol (without permission) by someone under the age of 21.
3.  Gun in School (is that a Federal No-no?)
4.  Brandishing

5. Unlicensed concealed carry.
6. Transferring stolen property
7. Transferring a gun w/o background check (only applies in some states, like WA - YAY for WA!!!)
8. Conspiracy (film makers with student)
9. Reckless endangerment (un-holstered gun in the backpack - trigger snag risk)
10. Felony level douchebaggery.
Formerly sumpnz

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 08:00:32 PM »

Of course, comments and like/dislike are disabled.

However, her Discussion page is open:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKPTk9aCwbe3evIrtO5gig/discussion

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 08:48:03 PM »

However, her Discussion page is open:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKPTk9aCwbe3evIrtO5gig/discussion

I saw somewhere yesterday that she apparently disabled comments first, because likes/dislikes were running around 200/20,000. She must have gotten disheartened and disabled the likes/dislikes as well.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 08:49:57 PM »

Not any more, it seems. Link takes you to her YT home page.

Seems to me a video produced and distributed specifically to encourage the theft of a firearm would be a prosecutable offense.

Brad
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:55:44 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 10:42:55 PM »
Not any more, it seems. Link takes you to her YT home page.

Link takes me to the Discussion tab of her YT page.  You have to be logged in to post a comment.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2014, 12:53:32 PM »
Watch carefully at 0:31. Perfect trigger finger discipline. How would a kid who doesn't know anything about guns and who claims to be terrified of the gun in the house know to do that?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2014, 05:18:12 PM »
Oh I so need to upgrade my editing software soon.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »
Watch carefully at 0:31. Perfect trigger finger discipline. How would a kid who doesn't know anything about guns and who claims to be terrified of the gun in the house know to do that?

The same way he had his finger on the trigger when he took it out of the drawer. There's no rhyme or reason there.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife