Author Topic: Moar republican stupidity  (Read 4313 times)

brimic

• friends
Moar republican stupidity
« on: January 05, 2015, 11:51:06 AM »
http://fox6now.com/2015/01/05/wearing-a-hoodie-in-oklahoma-could-soon-cost-you-500/

OKLAHOMA (CNN) — It could soon be illegal for people in Oklahoma to wear clothing that covers their faces, including hooded sweatshirts.

It’s already illegal to wear such clothing during the commission of a crime, but a Republican State Senator has introduced an amendment to ban people from hiding their identity in public in general. 
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Moar republican stupidity
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »
From the article, the bill at least provides exemptions for religious, medical and weather-related uses of face coverings.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »
 ;/   Really?  There's nothing more important to be done than to ban "hoodies?  Atleast Geraldo Rivera will be happy ......  [popcorn] >:D >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »
From the article, the bill at least provides exemptions for religious, medical and weather-related uses of face coverings.

In short, it could be 120F out and you can wear your hoodie and simply tell any cops you're doing it because you're cold.  Or it could be one of those new moisture-wicking doo-rags that you wet as a sort of personal swamp cooler.

*sigh*, and I want FEWER useless laws on the books.  Tell him he can have it when it also arranges to repeal three other useless laws.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 01:06:45 PM »
 ;/

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 01:15:04 PM »
I bought an Erlenmeyer flask from Amazon last week.  They said it was illegal to ship to Texas without a "Precursor Chemical Laboratory Apparatus NAR-120" permit.   :police:
"It's good, though..."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »
This actually was brought up at my COC, http://okcoc.com/, yesterday.  The biker community has been fighting stupid laws like this for awhile now.  Same two clowns that are bringing this forward tried to get a law passed awhile ago stating that if 3 or more people were together and dressed similar it could constitute a gang. :facepalm:  It didn't go anywhere and I don't see this one going anywhere either, but I will be writing my state Senator and Representatives to vote against this stupidity.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 01:21:43 PM »
Same two clowns that are bringing this forward tried to get a law passed awhile ago stating that if 3 or more people were together and dressed similar it could constitute a gang.

I'm in favor of it as long as there's no police exemption.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »
I'm in favor of it as long as there's no police exemption.

It died because of the broad stroke that could be used to paint people as a gang, too many things to consider.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 01:45:49 PM »
It died because of the broad stroke that could be used to paint people as a gang, too many things to consider.

Indeed.  Mormons could be considered a gang by that definition.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 01:55:35 PM »

Me, my brother, and our dad could be as well.  :(

As can church-goers, many ethnic minorities(Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, etc...) with a dress requirement, etc...

Crime is dropping people, we don't need to keep ratcheting down on the stupidity.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 02:00:37 PM »

Private schools, the Texas Aggie corp of cadets (or *any* ROTC group, for that matter)... basically anyone following a dress code.
"It's good, though..."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 02:39:17 PM »
I remember Cali trying something similar to the "gang" thing a number of years ago

Is VERY similar to the idiocy in Australia right now
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 03:54:52 PM »
Crime is dropping people, we don't need to keep ratcheting down on the stupidity.

Spoilsport.  I want to see the constables (all dressed alike) trying to arrest the sheriff's deputies (all dressed alike) while they're trying to arrest the local PD (all dressed alike) and the state troopers (all dressed alike) trying to round everybody else up, while the National Guard (all dressed alike) tries to decide who to help.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 04:01:26 PM »
I like how you think, and am interested in subscribing to your newsletter

[popcorn]
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 04:37:10 PM »
Spoilsport.  I want to see the constables (all dressed alike) trying to arrest the sheriff's deputies (all dressed alike) while they're trying to arrest the local PD (all dressed alike) and the state troopers (all dressed alike) trying to round everybody else up, while the National Guard (all dressed alike) tries to decide who to help.

Can they all wear swat team balaclavas while doing so?

Further, with a law that makes face coverings illegal, can we assume that the armed masked men breaking down the neighbor's front door are a criminal gang (maybe MS-13??!!), and that we should come to the neighbor's aid- with all of the lethal force necessary?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 04:48:12 PM »
*sigh*, and I want FEWER useless laws on the books.  Tell him he can have it when it also arranges to repeal three other useless laws.

I would like to see this.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 05:03:04 PM »
The party of personal responsibility and small government folks!
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 05:19:31 PM »
Hate to rain on the parade with reality
http://www.vocativ.com/usa/race/oklahoma-hoodie-ban/
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

zxcvbob

• friend
Re:
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 05:40:27 PM »
Hate to rain on the parade with reality
http://www.vocativ.com/usa/race/oklahoma-hoodie-ban/

You *love* to rain on our parades.  That's what you do. ;)
"It's good, though..."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re:
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 05:53:08 PM »
You *love* to rain on our parades.  That's what you do. ;)

Article is retarded. Current law: can't wear a hoodie while committing a crime. Proposed law: can't wear a hoodie if the cops think you're trying to conceal your identity with it. Article: herp derp that's the same thing durr.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »
Was there an exception for Halloween? 

Heavy use of face paint can nearly have the same effect. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »
I bought an Erlenmeyer flask from Amazon last week.  They said it was illegal to ship to Texas without a "Precursor Chemical Laboratory Apparatus NAR-120" permit.   :police:
I had those flasks when I was a kid - they came with my chemistry set.

BTW, little ziploc baggies are restricted in Chicago - they're used to package crack.

And then there are coffee cans . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 06:45:52 PM »
Not exactly lil zip loc baggies . Or at least not baggies you put anything other than crack meth or high dollar smoke in.
There was a liquor store used to sell hundreds of tiny cups of boiling hot water to the junkies every nite in dc . 50 cents for 2 ounces of boiling water

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 06:50:05 PM »
What do they do with the boiling water?  Probably not instant espresso
"It's good, though..."