Author Topic: Moar republican stupidity  (Read 4314 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Moar republican stupidity
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 07:23:28 PM »
Instead of cooking your dope to get maximum amount dissolved , which means the coos vp can see your lighter , you just dump the dope in suck it into the set and run it. Typically in the ally right behind the store. It more than covered their rent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 07:26:40 PM »
Not exactly lil zip loc baggies . Or at least not baggies you put anything other than crack meth or high dollar smoke in.

Oh, then we should ban that, then.

I love this idea of requiring three laws to be repealed, to get a new one passed. Some such language should definitely be amended to every constitution extant. We'd repeal three amendments to each of those, of course. For the Feds, it would be the 16th, 17th, and either the 19th or 14th.

Same two clowns that are bringing this forward tried to get a law passed awhile ago stating that if 3 or more people were together and dressed similar it could constitute a gang.

Of course, the politicians voting for it would all be wearing suits.  =|  It's certainly a strange contrast to the dress code kerfuffle in the Montana legislature.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 08:12:11 PM »
I had those flasks when I was a kid - they came with my chemistry set.

BTW, little ziploc baggies are restricted in Chicago - they're used to package crack.

And then there are coffee cans . . .

One small businessman lost everything he had and went to prison because the feds decided that they didn't like vials his company was manufacturing.

http://www.fear.org/gulag3.html

http://reason.com/archives/1995/05/01/a-vial-crime
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:22:23 PM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 08:20:01 PM »
Interesting piece. Bears lil resemblance to what he plead guilty to and admitted in court though. Imagine that.
http://articles.philly.com/1993-12-31/news/25941221_1_vials-drug-dealers-federal-agents

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 08:24:17 PM »
Interesting piece. Bears lil resemblance to what he plead guilty to and admitted in court though. Imagine that.
http://articles.philly.com/1993-12-31/news/25941221_1_vials-drug-dealers-federal-agents

You realize that he lost everything he had through forfeiture and did prison time for making....vials?

*expletive deleted*ing vials.

Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 08:33:15 PM »
In the war against some drugs this is totally consistent. He was aiding and abetting drug traffickers.

What a big fat juicy plum it was also! Look how much was gained in forfeiture! 

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 09:35:50 PM »
He confessed to and plead guilty to knowing what he was doing as well as some pretty serious money laundering to cover up. Funny how his version of events changed . I am deeply concerned a russian failed that badly at laundering money. Keeping 800 k at home is a dead give away

• friends
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 09:38:16 PM »
The wealthy manufacturer apparently didn't question why his associates wanted the vials packaged in plastic bags marked "made in Taiwan."

But he eventually learned how the vials were being used, he admitted yesterday.

In February 1991, Edelson and another associate were arrested on the New Jersey Turnpike with about 1.5 million crack vials made at Vortex.

The following May, police and federal agents seized about 9 million vials, $300,000 cash, and other drug paraphernalia from a Philadelphia businessman, Rony Moshe, the ring's biggest customer.

Belkin and Edelson told Zhadanov of the raid on Moshe, and of Edelson's arrest and conviction in New Jersey on drug paraphernalia charges and "of the

drug-related use of the vials," prosecutors say.

Nevertheless, production continued, and steps were taken to cover up the operation, primarily by laundering income to conceal its source.

- See more at: http://articles.philly.com/1993-12-31/news/25941221_1_vials-drug-dealers-federal-agents#sthash.JcYNtyyY.dpuf

brimic

• friends
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2015, 11:49:15 PM »
You realize that by that standard, plumbing parts are bomb making materials, spoons in your kitchen drawer, a bic lighter on your dresser, snack sized ziplocks in your pantry, and a reloading scale in your workshop are drug paraphenalia and all point towards criminal conspiracy? Hopefully you don't have any cash, jewelry, coins or other valuables in a safe or safe deposit box because those items are sure signs of money laundering and need to be 'arrested.'
You will plead guilty to money laundering and criminal conspiracy and whatever other bogus charges are dealt to youbecause the other deal the feds will give you is life in prison, and they will lie,  manufacture evidence,  and intimidate witnesses to ensure that they win and you have no recourse.

Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 02:16:38 AM »
You realize that at the point where you know the guys building bombs and sell them to him anyway you become guilty of selling him bomb parts. And that hiding the money just helps prove the prosecutions case

brimic

• friends
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 09:17:01 AM »
You realize that at the point where you know the guys building bombs and sell them to him anyway you become guilty of selling him bomb parts. And that hiding the money just helps prove the prosecutions case

So a manufacturer who makes iron pipes should go to prison because his product is being used to make pipe bombs? I see...

Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2015, 09:32:55 AM »
I doubt greatly you see but in real life at the point where I know you are using it to make pipe bombs I become guilty. Waving my hands and saying "I'm a libertarian!" Is not an affirmative defense.
And if I got to great lengths to hide the money I get paid because I know it's wrong I just make it easy in the prosecution.
Similarly if I drive a truck when I find out that they are loading my truck with crack I lose my right to claim " I was just driving the truck . Don't put confuse that bull in the first narrative with the facts the russian admitted to when he plead guilty.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 09:41:35 AM »
If the vials were sold to a distributor and ended up in the hands of crack dealers, I would be more likely to side with the manufacturer.  However, CS&D's side of the story sounds like he more or less became part of the drug manufacturing operation and was an accessory.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

• friends
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 10:13:24 AM »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 10:32:57 AM »
Zhadanov also agreed to forfeit his interest in the cash and in the Metuchen plant, a property worth more than $500,000, half of which will go to the government, prosecutors say.

The guilty plea was a way for Zhadanov to cut his losses.

His was no slap-on-the-wrist drug paraphernalia case.

Zhadanov was facing a mandatory minimum 10-year prison term, up to life.

By pleading guilty and informing on others, he expects to win a reduced sentence.

Seems like a fair deal- plead guilty to 'money laundering' give up everything you own, and get 5 less years in a federal penetentiary.

Having cash =/= money laundering, unless the feds want that money and confiscate it. Hey, its great to be king and make the rules as you go!
Or is having cash on hand illegal?
Not to mention he was from Russia, where its reasonable to assume that he doesn't trust banks much.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 10:35:20 AM »
If the vials were sold to a distributor and ended up in the hands of crack dealers, I would be more likely to side with the manufacturer.  However, CS&D's side of the story sounds like he more or less became part of the drug manufacturing operation and was an accessory.   

Yes, but show me where he manufactured drugs...
Actually, show me the crime he committed.

Barack Obama

• friends
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 10:41:15 AM »
I think we did. In fact the prosecution got him to admit he knew and hid the money as part of the coverup.  And that's why he plead guilty. He took a shot at big easy money he got caught. If in fact he had not known he would have a case and you would have a good point. Unfortunately the reality was not that.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2015, 10:56:32 AM »
I think we did. In fact the prosecution got him to admit he knew and hid the money as part of the coverup.  And that's why he plead guilty. He took a shot at big easy money he got caught. If in fact he had not known he would have a case and you would have a good point. Unfortunately the reality was not that.

Once again, having cash on hand =/= money laundering, even large amounts of it.

Plea bargaining- you know what that is right?
Admitting to a superfluous crime in order to avoid a larger penalty...
There exists a possibility that he kept his books in order, never cheated his taxes, but plead guilty of doing so because he was coerced by a federal prosecutor.

Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »
Is it okay for the government to steal from somebody just because they're a bad guy?  I don't think it's a simple answer.  What actually happened to the $800,000?
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 11:30:55 AM »
Although they did not have a search warrant, the agents looked through the apartment, ostensibly doing a "security sweep," and discovered a safe in the bedroom. Anna Zhadanov says one of the agents ordered her to open it (the government says he simply "asked" her to do so). The safe contained several shoe boxes, which the agent asked her to open. She refused and closed the safe. The agents later obtained a search warrant and seized about $800,000 in cash from the safe.

Eli Zhadanov notes that his parents come from a culture where there is nothing inherently suspicious about keeping large amounts of cash. The Zhadanovs say about $200,000 of the money belonged to relatives. The balance came from the cash payments that Vortex received from Srebrianski and from Belkin and Edelson over the course of two-and-a-half years. But the Zhadanovs say less than half of that, about $280,000, represents profit. Sam Zhadanov covered expenses for the Belkin and Edelson job with money from other customers that he deposited in Vortex's bank account.

Zhadanov says he did not deposit the cash in the bank because he was afraid it would raise questions about the source, and Belkin and Edelson did not want to be named. Instead, he planned to spend the money on new equipment that he would need to make plastic Scrabble pieces for Milton Bradley. (The Zhadanovs have the prototype for the game pieces and price quotations for the equipment.) Since he intended to reinvest the money in his business, he did not consider it unreported income. The IRS, of course, has a different view, though the agency chose not to bring criminal charges.

In addition to the money from the safe, the government seized the Zhadanovs' personal bank accounts, Vortex's bank account, the factory, the equipment, and the land on which it was located--$1.5 million to $2 million in assets. The government argued that all of this property either represented the proceeds of illegal activity or helped facilitate illegal activity. If drug dealers sold crack and used the proceeds to buy vials from retailers, who paid Belkin and Edelson, who paid Srebrianski, who then paid Vortex, this money then contaminated any bank accounts into which it was deposited. Furthermore, all of the assets associated with Vortex can be said to have facilitated the production of the vials (thereby facilitating the distribution of crack) or to have helped launder the proceeds of illegal activity.

Thus, in the government's view, everything the Zhadanovs had achieved was tainted by the order from Belkin and Edelson. Indeed, in testimony before a federal grand jury in Philadelphia, a DEA agent suggested that Vortex had been established to serve the needs of crack dealers. On November 12, 1992, DEA Special Agent Ellis Hershowitz testified: "This company [Vortex]--our indications of it, it hasn't been in operation all that long. As of the time of the interview, they were just ordering equipment in the early part of '91 through D-M-E Corporation. And it's our understanding that they were just getting started out then. Our impression is that they went into business for the purpose of manufacturing these vials because they knew they could make a lot of money doing it."

Even the IRS didn't find anything criminal about how he was handling his money.
You rah rah! Goooooo drug warriors!!!

Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 11:35:03 AM »

By the logic they're using there, if a doper buys a lighter from WalMart, then WM should have all of its assets seized.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 11:40:26 AM »
By the logic they're using there, if a doper buys a lighter from WalMart, then WM should have all of its assets seized.
Yes, its the same logic that gun banners use.

Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »
We're all guilty of something   :police:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 01:33:17 PM »
To get back to the OP: this bill could easily be turned to the good. Just amend it so that, instead of banning the garment itself, it bans the word "hoodie." Surely we can all agree that has to go.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 03:16:11 PM »

Again you overlook that he acknowledged in court under oath the source of the money and his rationale for concealing it.
I don't blame you for that it does not fit your narrative. His co conspirators also corroborated his complicity. Big easy money is tempting but can have big consequences