Author Topic: 12 dead in Paris after gunmen attack offices of satirical newspaper  (Read 7658 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: 12 dead in Paris after gunmen attack offices of satirical newspaper
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 04:01:49 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 04:04:34 PM »
Can't recall where I heard or read it, but it seems to fit:

"This is what diversity looks like."

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/01/this-is-what-diversity-looks-like.html

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 06:43:47 PM »

Anders Brevik is leading the charge to kick Muslims out of Europe eh?

Ironic that a terrorist who killed many more people than these nut jobs in France can become a hero because he was targeting the right religion/race/whatever cause.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 06:48:46 PM »

Ironic that a terrorist who killed many more people than these nut jobs in France can become a hero because he was targeting the right religion/race/whatever cause.

Just to be clear, I was responding to roo_ster's comment.  No support of Brevik's beliefs or actions was implied.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 11:22:32 PM »

Nah, that wasn't it. IIRC, it was some Chicago cop blog a while back about how when the high schools let out, the gang riots start.  But none dare call them riots in official CPD communications.  Glories of diversity and all that.

Well, that sort of does get to the heart of it.  "Who? Whom?" as Lenin put it.  Who does what to whom?  Will it be Muslims slaughtering Westerners in Western countries or will it be Westerners slaughtering Muslims in Western countries?  The Muslims are beginning to force the matter.  We ought not be surprised when many in the West decide if there is to be some slaughtering done, best to be the slaughter-er than the slaughter-ee.

The only middle way looks to be a bar on immigration of Muslims into the West and repatriation of Muslims to their country of origin.  The oikophobic Establishment is doing its best to pack the savages into the West.  Keep it up and it will turn ugly.  Here & there at first, then a more general movement as seen in recent European elections.  If the Establishment makes it illegal to change policy peacefully, expect non-peaceful means to become common.

The Breivik deal was one of those "Allies bomb Hitler Youth Camp in Alsace-Lorraine" sorts of things, given the political leanings and origins of Breivik's targets.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 11:26:06 PM »
Heck brevik's kinda confusing. The Lutheran  zionist?   I just labeled his faith as schizo to keep it simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 11:43:25 PM »
Nah, that wasn't it. IIRC, it was some Chicago cop blog a while back about how when the high schools let out, the gang riots start.  But none dare call them riots in official CPD communications.  Glories of diversity and all that.

Well, that sort of does get to the heart of it.  "Who? Whom?" as Lenin put it.  Who does what to whom?  Will it be Muslims slaughtering Westerners in Western countries or will it be Westerners slaughtering Muslims in Western countries?  The Muslims are beginning to force the matter.  We ought not be surprised when many in the West decide if there is to be some slaughtering done, best to be the slaughter-er than the slaughter-ee.

The only middle way looks to be a bar on immigration of Muslims into the West and repatriation of Muslims to their country of origin.  The oikophobic Establishment is doing its best to pack the savages into the West.  Keep it up and it will turn ugly.  Here & there at first, then a more general movement as seen in recent European elections.  If the Establishment makes it illegal to change policy peacefully, expect non-peaceful means to become common.

The Breivik deal was one of those "Allies bomb Hitler Youth Camp in Alsace-Lorraine" sorts of things, given the political leanings and origins of Breivik's targets.

Regarding the middle ground. Cant find an article now, but there's a HUGE push in some euro country to do just that. THey've already basically closed down immigration from muslim countries. Lemme see if i can find it
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 12:02:00 AM »
Heck brevik's kinda confusing. The Lutheran  zionist?   I just labeled his faith as schizo to keep it simple.

Indeed.

Yeah, what I can recall from reading a bit of his manifesto back when he killed those folks was that he was the sort of person who didn't believe in God...but thought it a good idea if his neighbors did.  Dude went on all over the map and I quickly lost interest after sussing out his motives. 

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
Re:
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 12:06:55 AM »
I had a pair of sjw try to hold him up as an example of a Christian terrorist school killer after I pointed to the school massacres the Muslims own.
Another friend did point out that the unarmed cop who went towards the shooting and died was a brave man. And a Muslim  family man
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 03:25:23 AM »
How would restricting immigration work on people who are citizens because France decided to colonise and annex another country?

It seems that most of the Muslim mouth frothing is driven by western immigration into their countries, not the other way around.

Could Europe and the US sustain their economies without emigration to Muslims countries?  If we insist on them allowing us to go there, it seems a bit odd to demand they not come here.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 06:28:25 AM »
And which Muslim countries have this "open door" immigration policy??  Saudi Arabia?  Iraq?  Libya? Iran?  Afghanistan?

Seriously, do you even read what post or is all simply knee-jerk reaction?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 06:53:50 AM »
Certain Muslim countries are attracting small numbers of Westerners to extremely high-paying jobs.  Seems to me that those jobs pay so well because 1) they are located in places where westerners are unwelcome, 2) Westerners have a higher than normal expectation of being killed in a drawn-out painful manner or kidnapped and held in extremely primative conditions, and/or 3) the jobs offered are "ideal" for do-gooders or those looking for opportunities to siphon off a bit of the in-flow of funds (often one and the same person) without having the stigma f being a UN hireling.

The West, on the oter hand, offers flush toilets and a society that generally does not go around lopping off body parts for minor/moderate indiscretions.  Coupled with the welfare/housing benefit, I see no wonder why there is immigration.  Additionally, immigrants can create their own slums and by sheer overwhelming numbers and a refusal to integrate intothe main body of society, thus establishing little versions of their home country.

Mexico, for example, does not have a problem because there is nothing for the immigrant except a hard time.  Is the UN screaming at Mexico to open up its borders and start giving away welfare?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 06:56:26 AM »
And which Muslim countries have this "open door" immigration policy??  Saudi Arabia?  Iraq?  Libya? Iran?  Afghanistan?

Seriously, do you even read what post or is all simply knee-jerk reaction?

Seriously, look at the examples you posted - only one of those countries had a choice about westerners going there.   It's not knee jerk to observe the obvious, which is that all of those countries save one either have US troops propping up a dictatorship, had large US invasion forces, or both.   Or am I wrong about that?

Do you think Saudi, Iraq, Libya and Afghansitan got to put the presence of US troops to a decision?

Then there's the more relevant point, which is that these two suspects in Paris are likely French citizens solely because France colonised North Africa and demanded that the natives join their country (and raped/tortured/killed anyone who disagreed) - but hey, it's the Muslims going to France that caused all this right!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 06:59:32 AM by De Selby »

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 07:21:56 AM »
Seriously, look at the examples you posted - only one of those countries had a choice about westerners going there.   It's not knee jerk to observe the obvious, which is that all of those countries save one either have US troops propping up a dictatorship, had large US invasion forces, or both.   Or am I wrong about that?

Do you think Saudi, Iraq, Libya and Afghansitan got to put the presence of US troops to a decision?

Then there's the more relevant point, which is that these two suspects in Paris are likely French citizens solely because France colonised North Africa and demanded that the natives join their country (and raped/tortured/killed anyone who disagreed) - but hey, it's the Muslims going to France that caused all this right!

US Troops =/= Immigration.  ;/ ;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 08:55:44 AM »
De Selby has a point in so far as the west has gone into third world hell holes searching for resources.

Third world hell holes don't generally have very high functioning governments so we help them along by supporting or propping up a government that will help us utilize their resources.

We are still sending missionaries and civilizing the world, it's just that we've stripped God and Christianity out of our missions projects and replaced them with NGO's and Democracy. Of course our form of Democracy generally includes a big dose of crony capitalism and neo fascist arrangements between industry and government.

The middle east and Africa to a large degree have failed at civilization. They haven't learned from their past failures and adapted.

edited to add: Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge proponent of the superiority of western civilization. Just because we're the best game in town doesn't mean we can't have an honest assessment of how we got here and where we're going.   

« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:05:20 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2015, 09:05:35 AM »
As bad as our govt is, it often better or at least no worse than the govt that is already in existence in 3rd world countries.  Also, the countries generally profit very well from selling those resources and many have seized the assets that our companies built in those countries to extract the resources.  I would say that European countries have a much harsher colonial history than we do, though we are no angels; neither are the victims.

3rd world countries are often 3rd world because of the culture and leadership more than the geographic location or conditions.  

It seems to me that countries hiring Westerners like Saudi Arabia are doing so to build more infrastructure within their own countries to increase their profits and they don't have the local expertise.  I think Saudi has lots of other cultural issues that force them to hire westerners.  A guy that worked for us a year ago left to go overseas to Saudi.  They were building a huge chemical refinery complex and were recruiting people to come and live in the complex with families. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2015, 10:23:54 AM »
Hmm, it sounds as though I should not follow up on those occasional inquiries to go do risk management at hospitals in Saudi Arabia and Dubai. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »
How would restricting immigration work on people who are citizens because France decided to colonise and annex another country?

"Run, be free of the chains of colonialism!  You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here."

IIRC, the French gave the countries back, usually with improvements like road systems, universities, working plumbing in the major cities.

It seems that most of the Muslim mouth frothing is driven by western immigration into their countries, not the other way around.

Yeah, not so much.  There would first have to be immigrants from the West becoming permanent residents in Muslim countries.  Not happening under most muslim countries' laws and the absolute number of Westerners (who have roots in the West) who want to do so are minuscule. 

Could Europe and the US sustain their economies without emigration to Muslims countries?  If we insist on them allowing us to go there, it seems a bit odd to demand they not come here.

We need zero immigrants from Muslim countries.  That goes for America, certainly, and also for the rest of the West.  Most muslim immigrants are net drains on the economy, what with the high level of welfare and other gov't services.  Many of the well-educated muslims who are not a net drain are taking slots that would be filled by Americans in Med school, undergrad programs in engineering, etc.  Universities like foreigners who pay full retail for their American education.

The Establishment had no business inviting an immiscible and hostile population into decent countries.  The sooner they repatriate, the better.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2015, 10:57:47 AM »
Are you saying they wouldn't spread violence throughout the world absent US troops in the middle east?  Seriously?

These people have been a problem for the rest of the world a lot longer than the US has been sending troops to the middle east.  They were spreading violence long before the US even existed.  Long before European colonialism was a thing.

We aren't to blame for their violence.  They are.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:05:34 AM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »
We need zero immigrants from Muslim countries The African continent and central Asia.  That goes for America, certainly, and also for the rest of the West.  Most muslim immigrants are net drains on the economy, what with the high level of welfare and other gov't services.  Many of the well-educated muslims who are not a net drain are taking slots that would be filled by Americans in Med school, undergrad programs in engineering, etc.  Universities like foreigners who pay full retail for their American education.

Fixed it for you.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »
Are you saying they wouldn't spread violence throughout the world absent US troops in the middle east?  Seriously?

These people have been a problem for the rest of the world a lot longer than the US has been sending troops to the middle east.  They were spreading violence long before the US even existed.  Long before European colonialism was a thing.

We aren't to blame for their violence.  They are.

And they were a problem for the very young United states, even while the founders were still alive, such as the Barbary Pirates, the formation of the USMC, the whole "Shores of Tripoli" thing in the song...
I promise not to duck.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2015, 02:07:50 PM »
It's done.

GIGN took those bastards out this morning.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2015, 02:17:30 PM »
It's done.

GIGN took those bastards out this morning.

Good!

Sic semper terroris.

• friends
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2015, 09:18:21 PM »
Here's video of the deli ending. The guy rushing the door was the the jihadi
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=869_1420833044

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2015, 09:59:20 PM »
I think it would get ugly here in the states if this sort of stuff started happening with any frequency here.

The Muslim community in the states got a pass after 9/11 and the sporadic events that occurred thereafter. Rightly so.

They might be faced with making some decisions regarding their allegiances that they aren't being forced to make in other countries if acts of terror start happening regularly.

A part of me thinks the reason this kind of stuff or worse hasn't happened already is because most of our Muslim citizens have already chosen; to be Americans who can be Muslim without interference.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.