Author Topic: 12 dead in Paris after gunmen attack offices of satirical newspaper  (Read 7660 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: 12 dead in Paris after gunmen attack offices of satirical newspaper
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2015, 10:01:50 PM »
I think you are right ron. I think the onus is on them to be a bit self policing. If their young ones get hinky they need to handle it. Either internally or by snitching. I don't see that happening though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2015, 06:55:22 AM »
After the Paris attacks now we're  hearing more "reports" of threats and "sleeper cells"  in the USA( and lions and tigers and bears, oh my).

I can't wait to see this round of " we have to do something".

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2015, 10:39:22 AM »
After the Paris attacks now we're  hearing more "reports" of threats and "sleeper cells"  in the USA( and lions and tigers and bears, oh my).

I can't wait to see this round of " we have to do something".

It will involve the US Gov't restricting American citizens' liberty and increasing the surveillance on American citizens.  Absofreakinglutely nothing will be done to restrict entry by Muslims or repatriating Muslims already here. 

Anyone willing to bet otherwise?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2015, 10:43:20 AM »
Not me

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2015, 05:56:38 PM »
I think you are right ron. I think the onus is on them to be a bit self policing. If their young ones get hinky they need to handle it. Either internally or by snitching. I don't see that happening though

They really need to pay attention to which Madrasas their youths are listening to.  Go after the firebrand preachers and they'll do two things:
1.  Choke off the flow of new idealistic extremists willing to fight/die for the cause
2.  Perhaps more importantly, choke off the flow of money.

• friends
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2015, 05:59:41 PM »
I was thinking a more active approach. Something with an ira type action wing