Author Topic: 1 Dead in Police Shooting at Columbus, OH Airport  (Read 1768 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
1 Dead in Police Shooting at Columbus, OH Airport
« on: January 07, 2015, 03:05:55 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/07/1-dead-in-police-involved-shooting-at-port-columbus-airport/

Appears from first reports that it was the "bad" guy shot by the "good" guy.  Can't wait to see how the rest of this plays out.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Bob F.

• friend
Re: 1 Dead in Police Shooting at Columbus, OH Airport
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:13:34 PM »
Can't find the link now, but earlier this am either Fox or MSN website had some follow-up. Short version, dude parked illegally at departure gate, tried to buy ticket w/ fake ID, maybe a woman's ID. Got pissed when cop called wrecker and lunged at cop w/ knife. Shot fired. Bad dude got up and tried to enter terminal, another cop fired. Dunno if both cops scored hits but dude had "multiple GSW's".
 FWIW

Stay safe, and warm.
Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 01:18:32 PM »
Interesting that I can seem to find a link to any story about it on Fox at this time.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 08:07:29 PM »
Must have been a white guy, otherwise we would have heard everything about the story by now.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 08:12:44 PM »
Middle eastern

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TechMan

• Administrator
1 Dead in Police Shooting at Columbus, OH Airport
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 08:59:37 PM »
Middle eastern

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep

The man was identified by police this morning as 41-year-old Hashim Hanif Ibn Abdul-Rasheed. Police said he tried to buy an airline ticket to an undisclosed destination with a woman’s ID.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 10:15:56 PM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/01/muslim-shot-dead-after-using-fake-id-pulling-knife-on-police-at-columbus-airport-video/

Muslim sounding name at least. Mental, and definitely not very smart. But no longer a problem, terrorist threat or not.

Oh, gosh! I used the M word. DHS will be here soon.............
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 02:40:21 PM »
Must have been a white guy, otherwise we would have heard everything about the story by now.

Not dark enough to have had his hands up while flat on the ground, retreating, unconscious, handcuffed, reading the Bible, helping a crippled nun across the street and playing with a newborn kitten, at any rate.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »
Columbus cop said man pulled a knife when confronted by police.  Bad idea, and it cost him. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 06:19:16 PM »
Tsk, tsk -- "Never bring a knife to a gun fight."

Still, in line with an editorial column in the new Shotgun News that arrived today, one has to wonder why a taser wasn't used to subdue the guy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 09:32:30 PM »
IIRC, there was a mention of "Bomb making materials" in the trunk of the car.  Whether that was real *Kaboomie* stuff or maybe just a piece of old pipe or the like, that never made to a repair job or recycling facilty is not known.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 11:51:02 PM »
There isn't a household in the USA that doesn't have "Bomb making materials " present. Throw in your average DIY  shop/garage and you've got WMDs.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 02:16:20 AM »
IIRC, there was a mention of "Bomb making materials" in the trunk of the car.  Whether that was real *Kaboomie* stuff or maybe just a piece of old pipe or the like, that never made to a repair job or recycling facilty is not known.

According to the link I posted, whatever it was it was enough for them to call out the Columbus Fire Bomb Squad.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 06:16:30 AM »
According to the link I posted, whatever it was it was enough for them to call out the Columbus Fire Bomb Squad.

They called the bomb squad out on the base I work next to for a shoe box under someone's car. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 05:36:08 PM »
Update on news tonight. Shooter had knives taped to his legs, under his pants, when he attempted to buy a ticket.  Shooters were airport police, not Columbus PD.  Car had lots of electronics, including computers, tablets, and cameras.  News said he is now suspect of planning a hijacking.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 06:19:39 PM »
Multiple knives makes me wonder if there were a number of other travelers on one-way tickets to the same destination who are now looking for yet another plane ticket.