Author Topic: "Are we married?"  (Read 967 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Are we married?"
« on: January 11, 2015, 01:07:04 AM »
Guy loses two years out of his memory.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-01-07/no-way-real.html

Talk about burying the lede. I think the big news here is that a guy asked his wife if they were married, and she didn't kill him right there.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:10:04 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: "Are we married?"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 07:59:39 AM »
I was afraid it was going to be more in the line of Google Questions and somebody's sister.

Hope the guy makers it through this and can have a normal-ish life going forward, if not able to fill in that hole.

It's also a good time to remember that doctors practice medicine.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:51:40 AM »
"It was the craziest thing," he said, "I remember his wife texting me and I thought 'there's no way this...
Show off.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 12:01:14 PM »
"It was the craziest thing," he said, "I remember his wife texting me and I thought 'there's no way this..."
Show off.

If you were buds with someone famous/infamous folks expect you to remember that regardless of what else happened to your memory.  The seven-degrees-of-Kevin-Bacon celebrity worship thing in action.  And he's fallen for it himself.

Many people I know have the opposite of that syndrome - they deny ever having met me, even when shown pictures of us together.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 06:52:55 PM »
If I was the wife I'd have some fun with it. "Yes dear we are married but our love barely survived your tryst with that 50 year old big fella 3 houses down." That ought to make neighborhood BBQs awkward enough.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.