Author Topic: Off-duty Cop Involved In A Fatal Shooting  (Read 670 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Off-duty Cop Involved In A Fatal Shooting
« on: January 17, 2015, 11:28:58 AM »
http://www.newson6.com/story/27872568/officers-respond-to-downtown-tulsa-shooting

Glad the officer was there and step in and did the correct thing.  Who knows what would have happened to the woman being beaten if he had not been there.

My only problem with this is that the officer was in route to a place I would have been prohibited from carrying.  Curious to know how many of the witnesses were also in route to the concert and were disarmed because of it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Off-duty Cop Involved In A Fatal Shooting
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 11:04:32 AM »
This is exemplary of what's wrong with the United States today:

Joy Smith was across the street and said she saw a fight break out across the street and someone pull a gun.

"It was a loud pop, pop, pop, pop," Smith said. "I just truly went into shock. I thought about hitting the ground and, yeah, I just stood there."

"I [saw] the guy fighting, but I didn't think much of it," Smith said. "There's fights here every day, but you don't expect somebody to drive by and pop, pop, pop, pop."

If guys pummeling women on the sidewalk are so common in Tulsa that passersby don't even give it a second thought ... I don't think I want to ever be in Tulsa.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Off-duty Cop Involved In A Fatal Shooting
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 11:14:10 AM »
This is exemplary of what's wrong with the United States today:

If guys pummeling women on the sidewalk are so common in Tulsa that passersby don't even give it a second thought ... I don't think I want to ever be in Tulsa.

It isn't trust me.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!