Author Topic: Marco Rubio endorses Big Brother - hilarity ensues  (Read 2886 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Marco Rubio endorses Big Brother - hilarity ensues
« on: January 28, 2015, 06:20:12 PM »
"We also cannot afford to ignore another lesson of 9/11 and curtail intelligence gathering capabilities that have been legally and painstakingly established following those horrific attacks.

The U.S. government should implore American technology companies to cooperate with authorities so that we can better track terrorist activity and monitor terrorist communications as we face the increasing challenge of homegrown terrorists radicalized by little more than what they see on the Internet.  

This year, a new Republican majority in both houses of Congress will have to extend current authorities under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, and I urge my colleagues to consider a permanent extension of the counterterrorism tools our intelligence community relies on to keep the American people safe."

If Senator Rubio believes that millions of innocent Americans should be subject to intrusive and unconstitutional government surveillance, surely he would have no objections to the government monitoring his own actions and conversations,” said Rep. Polis. “Senator Rubio is asking for American technology companies to ‘cooperate with authorities,’ so I believe he will have no objection to authorities being given access to his electronic correspondence and metadata...."

http://polis.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=397724

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/01/27/us-must-heed-lessons-11-to-defeat-enemies-in-terror-war/
[auto-play warning]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Marco Rubio endorses Big Brother - hilarity ensues
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 07:26:46 PM »
Is there an unamerican proposal that oppresses americans that this pos has not endorsed?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 07:56:35 PM »
And this ahole is some tea party love child? GMAFB
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 10:01:12 AM »
And this *expletive deleted*hole is some tea party love child? GMAFB

No, he is not.  He is a love child of the RINO leadership types who give him tongue baths because his name ends in a vowel.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 10:30:28 AM »
And this *expletive deleted*hole is some tea party love child? GMAFB
What roo_ster said. 

He was viewed as a possible up and comer a few years back, but he still had no track record to speak of beyond being a Floridian Cuban.  He showed his colors more or less when he signed on with the Big Govt Repubs.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 01:34:08 PM »
What roo_ster said. 

He was viewed as a possible up and comer a few years back, but he still had no track record to speak of beyond being a Floridian Cuban.  He showed his colors more or less when he signed on with the Big Govt Repubs.

Change Floridian Cuban to black and you just described the current President.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 05:53:20 PM »
No.  Obama had a track record that was there for anyone to find if they wanted to look.  He wrote two books which pretty much said all you needed to know.  The press coverage of Obama was simply a white wash.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 06:28:47 PM »
No, he is not.  He is a love child of the RINO leadership types who give him tongue baths because his name ends in a vowel.

Token Latino guy to leverage against Cruz.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 01:15:18 AM »
Token Latino guy to leverage against Cruz.

Maybe if we shove him into a video game machine we can enjoy ourselves for a few minutes and hten walk away & forget about him?
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 01:04:46 PM »
He was held up by many in Republican establishment because Hispanic !!!

But beyond that he's a whole lot of establishment "meh".

Not Presidential material.   

No.  Obama had a track record that was there for anyone to find if they wanted to look.  He wrote two books which pretty much said all you needed to know.  The press coverage of Obama was simply a white wash. 

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.  We were sold a bill of goods.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »
I guess Rubio was swept into office in the same first round of the Tea Party wave as the alternative to the Big Govt Repub that was running.  However, like a lot of Tea Party candidates, he hasn't lived up to the ideal. 

It is going to happen.  Not every candidate is honest about their views and not all of them are going to resist the lure of the money once in DC.  Just have to keep trying. 

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 03:17:29 PM »
I guess Rubio was swept into office in the same first round of the Tea Party wave as the alternative to the Big Govt Repub that was running.  However, like a lot of Tea Party candidates, he hasn't lived up to the ideal. 

It is going to happen.  Not every candidate is honest about their views and notne all of them are going to resist the lure of the money once in DC.  Just have to keep trying. 

FIFY =D
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 03:56:41 PM »
FIFY =D
Instead of "keep trying", maybe I should have said "keep replacing them".