Author Topic: McDonald's Future in Question  (Read 26295 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: McDonald's Future in Question
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2015, 06:53:08 PM »
Well at least you can control if your meat-like substance was on the floor or not.
Or buns were in the cooks back pockets because you pissed him off (not so long story...)
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »
At home I've recreated the BigMac and it had the same BigMac type flavor yet it was better due to the quality meat and bun etc. And yes I used Thousand Island dressing.

Um, you put an extra piece of bread in between two patties?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2015, 07:05:49 PM »

Um, you put an extra piece of bread in between two patties?  ???

No, I grilled a regular hamburger patty (a little thinner than normal).  Then I used Thousand Island Dressing, fresh chopped lettuce, Kraft American cheese, pickles and fresh minced onions on a quality sesame seed bun.

It was like a gourmet BigMac  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2015, 08:02:03 PM »
No, I grilled a regular hamburger patty (a little thinner than normal).  Then I used Thousand Island Dressing, fresh chopped lettuce, Kraft American cheese, pickles and fresh minced onions on a quality sesame seed bun.

It was like a gourmet BigMac  :laugh:

Did you use gourmet American cheese?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2015, 08:27:50 PM »
Did you use gourmet American cheese?

Kraft Singles  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2015, 09:03:25 PM »

I thought it was common knowledge that the special sauce is Thousand Island dressing.

I always thought that too, but a McDonald's executive chef says no: http://gawker.com/5925111/mcdonalds-executive-chef-shares-secret-recipe-of-big-macs-special-sauce

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2015, 10:38:14 PM »
Kraft Singles  :laugh:

I, and Anthony Bourdain agree American cheese rocks!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2015, 10:47:48 PM »
Kraft Singles  :laugh:
Ohhhh we got a big spender here folks.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2015, 11:01:37 PM »
I will usually do fast food less than once a week.
Wendys for the spicy chicken sandwich minus the mystery sauce.
Mcd's for mc nuggets. Sometimes you just crave pressed chicken by product.
Five guys for a burger.

I do not eat any fast food chain burgers.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2015, 11:11:03 PM »
Or buns were in the cooks back pockets because you pissed him off (not so long story...)

One of the first things I remember my Dad teaching me about dealing with folks: "Do Not piss off the cook".

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2015, 10:19:57 AM »
I always thought that too, but a McDonald's executive chef says no: http://gawker.com/5925111/mcdonalds-executive-chef-shares-secret-recipe-of-big-macs-special-sauce

According to Coudreaut, an analogous sauce can be easily prepared using mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, yellow mustard, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.

So, IOW, it's Thousand Island dressing.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2015, 07:14:29 PM »
One of the first things I remember my Dad teaching me about dealing with folks: "Do Not piss off the cook".
My older brother was a waiter for some years while in college.  He is over the top nice to wait staff and food handlers in general.  Much nice than most people. 

Being mean to minimum wage workers rarely accomplishes anything good. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2015, 01:16:29 AM »
Give the manager grief and they will do something about your meal. Give the waiter grief and they will do something to your meal.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2015, 10:53:51 AM »
They've been closing left and right around here, but I really liked Quiznos when they first opened.  The Black Angus with the Honey Bourbon mustard was great.   But Subway glomed on to the whole "Toasted"  (aka microwaved) thing and has run them pretty much out of business.  At least around here.

Jersey Mike's sucks (High priced Subway)

And Firehouse is bad, just over priced for what you get.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2015, 11:36:08 AM »
They've been closing left and right around here, but I really liked Quiznos when they first opened.  The Black Angus with the Honey Bourbon mustard was great.   But Subway glomed on to the whole "Toasted"  (aka microwaved) thing and has run them pretty much out of business.  At least around here.

Meh.  Toasting just came about as a way to hide stale bread.  Subway should have had the sense to just push the fact that they don't use week-old bread, and left the toaster ovens to the places that do.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2015, 01:03:36 PM »
Subway is ok, I like Jimmy Johns, just wish they offered a hot option, then if you want a little better there is McAlister's Deli that has what I think is the best cheddar/broccoli soup around.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Meh.  Toasting just came about as a way to hide stale bread.  Subway should have had the sense to just push the fact that they don't use week-old bread, and left the toaster ovens to the places that do.

Indeed, the only sub I have 'toasted' is the meatball, and that's because I want it hotter.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »
I'd rather my Subway bread be a bit stale. When it's fresh it's gummy and nasty.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2015, 11:42:21 PM »
Subway is super-meh.

As far as the Jimmy Johns I've been to, they've all been as impressively fast as the food has been consistently good. On my last trip I asked for some banana peppers, but they only had cherry peppers. The sandwich was awesome, and I discovered that I really like pimentos.