Author Topic: Know any good Android apps for a smartphone?  (Read 6125 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Know any good Android apps for a smartphone?
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 09:40:54 PM »
Tapatalk for accessing forums.

ColorNote is nice for creating notes, checklists, etc.

Google Sky Map.

Bubble is a nice level app. I've used it many times to get a quick read on something. I've tested it, and it's as accurate as my bull level.

aWallet is a decent password safe.

Compass 360 pro. It's a, well, compass.

Relax Melodies is a nifty little program that creates background noise for either relaxing or white noise for sleeping. I like the "Night" sounds one. Crickets and just a little wind.

Out of Milk is a shopping list app. I used to use ColorNote, but I saw this one and I LOVE it.

Yahoo Finance, NASDAQ Stocks, and Stock Watcher are three financial tracking apps that I use. None is perfect, but all three have decent qualities.

Out of milk is a rockin' app! I use it all the time!

But then, I repeat myself!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:45:52 PM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 07:54:10 AM »
The app that I use probably more than any other is Pandora. Free streaming music, pretty much anything you want to listen to.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »
Hangouts, with the Hangouts dialer tapped into my Google Voice account. Unlimited minutes with free long distance to a decent number of countries. Also very nice if where you live happens to have spotty cell service. Very much like T-Mobile's wifi calling. Sound quality is actually better then I've been getting from Verizon for a while now.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »
[hopping to this thread from another one I started]

I'll be driving across Oklahoma this weekend, and the whole state (except for Tulsa and OK City) is a dead zone.  So a GPS program with maps stored on the SD card would be good to have.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.osmand

I usually use Waze, but this is my backup nav on the old phone with no service.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 11:00:41 AM »
Wifi Analyzer
Speedtest.net
Amazon app (much faster and cleaner than the .mobi site)
Amazon Pricecheck (bar code reader)
Youtube
Netflix

DirecTV if subscriber (and the Go app for any premium movie channels)

Avoid the Facebook app. It's a resource hog, or at least it was six months ago when I tried it. I like the .mobi site much better.

Tapatalk? Meh. I didn't see it as any change frome using a forum's web site. My Galaxy S3's browser does fine for me. No experince with it on other platforms so YMMV.

Brad

Agreed, especially re: Facebook.

Holy crap, what a bloated turd.  Seriously, that thing is far larger than it needs to be.  How the hell does an app that has objectively less functionality than the actual website actually take up more resources than the actual full website?
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2015, 04:41:26 PM »
It's all the data gathering, spyware and reporting subroutines. [tinfoil]

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 06:03:41 PM »
I just figured it was the bad coding practices that they've been known to use.

=D
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

brimic

• friends
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 07:31:02 PM »
Pandora- I use a lot.
Hangouts- good for video chatting with the kids.
strelok- very useful ballistics calculator
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama