Author Topic: In Texas, land of freedom, elementary school kids forced to drops pants  (Read 3721 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: In Texas, land of freedom, elementary school kids forced to drops pants
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 09:44:07 AM »
Some moron got fired up " we've got to do something!"  No one was smart enough to stop him and once the stupid juggernaut starts rolling folks tend to reinvest in a bad decision rather than cut their losses

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 10:27:01 AM »
South Dakota

The "relatively free of ... blizzards" kinda kicks SD out of the running.

Keep Texas on the list. One idiot educrat doea not a state make. Note the parents' immediate, swift, and absolute demands for action. That's the real Texas (aside from a few liberal bastions like Austin, et al).

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »
Some moron got fired up " we've got to do something!"  No one was smart enough to stop him and once the stupid juggernaut starts rolling folks tend to reinvest in a bad decision rather than cut their losses

Looks like the principal and a coach are now "on leave."  Presumably until everybody forgets about it and they can either quietly return or quietly move to another district.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 02:31:55 PM »
Looks like the principal and a coach are now "on leave."  Presumably until everybody forgets about it and they can either quietly return or quietly move to another district.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10200173375934982

Quality could be a lot better.  Here's the accompanying post from Cipriano Rivera:
I was asked by Marie Medina to speak on her daughters behalf at the Gustine ISD board meeting tonight. I was there as an advocate for her daughter. Below are the comments I made. Marie has asked me to post these comments. and the video she recorded.

The comments do not match the video because of a three minute time limit.

"Cesar Chavez wrote, "Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore."

Good evening. My name is Cipriano Rivera. First and foremost I am a parent and what occurred here in Gustine should concern all parents near and far. It certainly concerns me as a parent and as a fellow teacher. I am a kindergarten teacher and my wife teaches 2nd grade. This is my son, Diego Rivera who is learning to participate in the democratic process. I have been asked by Marie Medina to speak on behalf of her daughter, Eliza Medina. I am here as an advocate for Eliza.

There are so many adjectives that a young child should not ever experience at school which include: fear, humiliation, coercion, shame, violation and many more. Unfortunately, those adjectives are now a part of Eliza's school experience. A deplorable experience that never should have occurred.

Eliza didn't want to pull her pants down in school when directed by her teacher. She felt uncomfortable being in a room alone with her teacher and being asked to unbutton her pants, asked to unzip her pants and ultimately to pull her pants down. Every fiber of her being told her that wasn't right. We teach our children to never do things like this at home and at school. However, we also teach our children to be respectful and to obey their teachers. This blanket strip search of students under duress has communicated a very confusing message to the children violated. This strip search has profoundly punished these children when they committed no wrong. I am also in disbelief that children were instructed to pull their pants down when alone in a room with an educator. That should never happen.

Mrs. Medina has called the ACLU and LULAC to look into her child's Constitutional Rights violations.

In Safford Unified School District #1 v. Redding, on June 16, 2009, the United States Supreme Court Ruled that Arizona school officials Strip Search of a 13-year-old girl violated the Constitution's protections against unreasonable search or seizure.
The girl was strip searched on the suspicion she might be hiding ibuprofen in her underwear.

In that case school officials were looking for drugs. Here in Gustine, TX, what were school officials looking for?

The search that occurred here in Gustine violates the Fourth Amendment right to be secure against "unreasonable searches and seizures" as well as the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution which provides that no state shall deny to any person within its jurisdiction "the equal protection of the laws".

Every child that was searched had their Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution violated. Every child. That is something that never should happen to any child within the borders of this great nation.

Tragically, Eliza has now been subjected to retaliation, bullying and harassment for standing up for her God given rights. Last night high school aged girls drove by her house screaming obscenities at her and her family. At school she has also been subjected to retaliation and harassment to the point that she doesn't want to return to school. Eliza did what she's been taught to do. Report the incident to her parents.

Have professional counsellors been brought in to counsel the students and parents? If not, why not? Given the treatment Eliza has been subjected to I ask that anti-bullying lessons be given to all grade levels as well as tolerance lessons. There should never be social and peer punishment when our children do what is right.

These children are hurting and need to be cared for. Their parents and families are hurting and also may be in need of counseling.

Under the Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators the following may have been violated:

Enforceable Standards.

(1) Professional Ethical Conduct, Practices and Performance.
(G) Standard 1.7. The educator shall comply with state regulations, written local school board policies, and other state and federal laws.
(3) Ethical Conduct Toward Students.
(B) Standard 3.2. The educator shall not intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly treat a student or minor in a manner that adversely affects or endangers the learning, physical health, mental health, or safety of the student or minor.

Yesterday on Comanche County Breaking News a lady added the following to this discussion, "And in case all think if Gustine is stupid we all pretty much know where this or who this came from to stir up the trouble in the world! Yes Gustine is famous not just in Texas but nationally! You will get what is coming to you and you will not be happy! But you asked for it!"

The next comment was from a lady endorsing the above stating, "Well said...!"

Is that what our communities, our state and our nation have come to? Ostracizing people and threatening them for performing their parental duties and exercising their rights?

Thank you."

Group is public, so you should be able to find the 2-3 posts about this on the page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ErathCountyBreakingNews

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »
Oh, and GigaBuist, you and Gustine ISD need to buy a sign:

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 04:41:41 PM »
Aw, jeeze.  The reasonable assumption would be some kid (or other) just couldn't make it to the bathroom.

Like vomiting or (sometimes) peeing just can't be controlled.

Call the janitor, get it cleaned up, and forget it.

Honestly....

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 06:14:51 PM »
Oh, now on the Comanche County Breaking News FB page, there has been harassment against a couple that was speaking out against the school on WFAA.  Apparently, two of their ewes were shot and the man was fired from his job right after the news clip aired.

They're trying hard to keep up with Kermit, I guess.