Author Topic: Another doctor thinks vaccines cause mental diseases  (Read 9557 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Another doctor thinks vaccines cause mental diseases
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »
Snohomish County is experiencing a literal epidemic of pertussis because filthy hippies don't get their kids vaccinated and it spreads to kids too young to get the vaccine.

Yep, I hope it gets contained, it can be quite the killer.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Another doctor thinks vaccines cause mental diseases
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2015, 09:47:52 PM »
We need some of the vaxxers kids dying. And one of them to go postal on drs mercola and oz. maybe jenny mcarthy  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2015, 09:50:59 PM »
Hate to say it, but that's the only way that this stupid fuckign movement will die
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2015, 09:53:04 PM »
We need some of the vaxxers kids dying. And one of them to go postal on rds mercola and oz.

No, we don't. We just need to find some way to  educate them on why it is important to vaccinate and how their interpretation of the risks are ill founded.

Uranus is a gas giant.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2015, 10:05:29 PM »
No, we don't. We just need to find some way to  educate them on why it is important to vaccinate and how their interpretation of the risks are ill founded.

I agree with you.  But I don't think it's going to be possible without a tragedy.  Too much of some people's whole identity is wrapped up in this.
"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2015, 10:15:45 PM »
And these are not so much low info voters as false info voters. They have heros and prophets. Folks who went to med school. It's gonna take funerals and more than one to make folks wake up . Look at the folks they have tip toeing round. Rand Paul Christie etc .

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2015, 10:41:03 PM »
Pertussis is bad enough they have changed the protocol to allow pregnant women to get it so the kids carry some of that immunity till they can get their own shots
Much of the vaxxer movement is about selling supplements ala doc oz and doc mercola

And typically the vaxxer is also likely to be a truther or a birther or a chemtrailer
Sometimes all of the above

I'm liking it!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2015, 10:46:34 PM »
We need some of the vaxxers kids dying. And one of them to go postal on drs mercola and oz. maybe jenny mcarthy  

People put way too much stock in "Dr" Oz! he is just as likely to spout anti vaccination rhetoric as "truth" as real science as anyone else! That said, he is right on this one!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2015, 10:50:33 PM »
It took fear of death from disease to get folk to start using vaccines.  Especially the first ones like Cowpox vs Smallpox. 

Lack of fear of death from disease is at the heart of the current anti-vaxxers, IMO.  It will take some first-hand knowledge to change their minds.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2015, 11:58:34 PM »
The real true believers will just blame big pharma for infecting their precious bodily fluids in the case of a pandemic with heavy mortality. But it will hopefully put some sense into the generic crunchy mom who's caught up in the stupid.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2015, 05:20:36 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jan/14/measles-outbreak-spreads-unvaccinated-woman-disneyland

And there was a virus (stomach IIRC) tat ran rampant through the Staples Center in LA back in November.  

Robert's school had an oubreak of a stomach flu last year that had over 80% of the kids out of school for at least 2 days.  They even closed it on a Monday so they could spend the weekend throughly cleaning it.

Herd immunity.  What has pulled us out from the ages when most people died before they hit puberty.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:56:52 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2015, 08:47:49 AM »
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:56:29 AM by scout26 »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2015, 08:50:44 AM »
That's nice Scout, you going to champion that type of ass hat doctor when he rants about the dangers of having a gun in your home, that he will reject you as a patient marking you down in the government required electronic records as a gun owner because you refuse to submit to his authority?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2015, 10:25:41 AM »

Not that I'm anti-vax, but that guy sounds like a real class act. I fully support his right to turn away patients, and even have an awful bedside manner. Calling CPS for vax really crosses a line, though. Oughta be an ethics violation.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2015, 12:05:26 PM »
That's nice Scout, you going to champion that type of ass hat doctor when he rants about the dangers of having a gun in your home, that he will reject you as a patient marking you down in the government required electronic records as a gun owner because you refuse to submit to his authority?

There's a huge difference between refusing a patient that refuses to vaccinate and one that will reject you as a patient because you have a gun in the home (which they could only find out about from you telling him.)  Last I checked, you could fire your doctor(s) at anytime, for any or no reason.

Me having a gun in my home does not have any potential adverse effects up any of his other patients in his waiting room.  Me not being vaccinated does have potential adverse effects on his other patients as he clearly stated.

Finally, isn't the the free market at work.  The Libertarian ideal.  To freely associate and make or not make a market with whomever you choose ?  He chooses not to treat those who don't vaccinate or want a "spaced-out" schedule.   Unless you are advocating that he be forced to treat anyone and everyone, regardless...

There are very, very ,very few things I think the .gov should enforce.  Public Health/Sanitation and Vaccinations against dangerous and deadly diseases are two of those. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2015, 12:20:05 PM »

Sitting next to a gun owner does not cause harm. Sitting next to a person with measles/pertussis/etc because they're unvaccinated does.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2015, 12:33:17 PM »
Sitting next to a gun owner does not cause harm. Sitting next to a person with measles/pertussis/etc because they're unvaccinated does.
Especially if you take it home to your infant child. It would be a shooting offense

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »
My point was that the good Doctor more than likely will cause the anti vaxxers to dig in and hold their ground even more.

I don't even disagree with him about vaccines but found myself wanting to oppose him just because of his condescending messaging.

I'd fire him as my doctor just for being a brash idiot.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2015, 02:32:44 PM »
My point was that the good Doctor more than likely will cause the anti vaxxers to dig in and hold their ground even more.

I don't even disagree with him about vaccines but found myself wanting to oppose him just because of his condescending messaging.

I'd fire him as my doctor just for being a brash idiot.

He's a pediatrician and you don't have kids, so I'm sure he'd be traumatized by your firing him.

When kids are too young to be vaccinated, they make a lot of trips to the pediatrician for routine stuff. Knowing that the doc is doing his best to try to keep my unvaccinated kids from being exposed to preventable diseases would endear him to my heart.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2015, 02:44:20 PM »
He's a pediatrician and you don't have kids, so I'm sure he'd be traumatized by your firing him.

LOL  :laugh:

Actually the only reason I'm going to get the Pertussis inoculation is because of my contact with family and friends children.   

brimic

• friends
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2015, 04:08:10 PM »

When kids are too young to be vaccinated, they make a lot of trips to the pediatrician for routine stuff. Knowing that the doc is doing his best to try to keep my unvaccinated kids from being exposed to preventable diseases would endear him to my heart.

+1

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2015, 04:41:20 PM »
I would have to say that if I discovered one of my physicians was making a CPS referral based only upon refusal to vaccinate, the physician and I would have a short, unpleasant conversation and there would be no more such referrals from that physician for that reason.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

• friends
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »
Maybe. If it's the wrong physician you might end up in court . Not as counsel.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2015, 05:30:38 PM »

Uranus is a gas giant.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2015, 11:13:16 PM »
Regarding the Doc that would report parents to CPS for refusing to vacinate, as he pointed out, it probably wouldn't do much more then assuage his feeling of having done something to try to save the child's life.  Highly doubtful that CPS would or even could do anything with it.

Again public health/saniation being one of the very, very, very few areas that .gov has busiess sticking its nose in. 

And what Balog said.  Keep in mind that if the only way to save my kid was to push you off a cliff, I would, without a moment's finch or hestitation.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.