Author Topic: Speaking of Balog's filthy hippies with children......  (Read 1321 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Speaking of Balog's filthy hippies with children......
« on: February 04, 2015, 04:50:40 PM »
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20150203/NEWS01/150209646/3-young-children-found-abandoned-in-squalor-parents-arrested

I don't know if this couple are hippies, but they certainly have something going on.  :'(

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Speaking of Balog's filthy hippies with children......
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »
They should have arrested both the grandmothers as well. Especially the one living probably less than 200 feet from the hypothermic baby.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 05:09:18 PM »

I actually hope the parents are drug addicts, the alternative is scarier. I can understand not being a neat freak. But at a certain point, WTF?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 07:25:12 AM »
They should have arrested both the grandmothers as well. Especially the one living probably less than 200 feet from the hypothermic baby.

Sorry, but until you establish that either granny was in a caretaker role they are not arrestable for neglect/abuse.  And they are not mandated reporters.

After you consider that for a while you may come to realize why that is a good thing.

Now, as to the moral reprehensibility of their inaction - .

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 11:18:10 AM »
Sorry, but until you establish that either granny was in a caretaker role they are not arrestable for neglect/abuse.  And they are not mandated reporters.

After you consider that for a while you may come to realize why that is a good thing.

Now, as to the moral reprehensibility of their inaction - .

stay safe.

You're right, of course. I just get irritated when I read stories like this, and the grandmother in the trailer with the overflowing sewage, being so close to a baby that could have died, and apparently covering up for the parents, kinda got my goat.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 11:55:43 AM »
That's why I asked a series of questions beginning with something like "Did you know the kids were there?" and ending up (hopefully) with "And you didn't see that things were any different than the other times you watched them?"

A little devious "gotcha" and some generous helpings of community moral outrage could, if a fella was inclined to do that sort of thing, create a prime facie case.

(Parents go to jail for neglect.  Foster care law says place the kids with family unless determined to be unfit.  Neglect finding establishes unfitness.  QED.  If a fella was inclied to do that sort of thing.)

stay safe
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 12:00:34 PM »
Yea it gets complicated when there are multiple concentric rings of bad family

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 05:22:05 PM »
I'd support using the death penalty for the sub humans who did this to their own children. They shouldn't be allowed to live.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 06:31:19 PM »
http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20150204/NEWS01/150209529/Bail-set-at-100000-each-for-parents-accused-of-abandoning-children-

A followup article notes that the mom is 3.5 months pregnant and has been smoking meth.  Color me surprised.

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 06:59:14 PM »
My initial impulse is capital punishment too. Then I think about maybe they are crazy and we should cut em some slack.  But then I say nah. Kill em

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 09:15:17 AM »
I think the simple solution is to end all subsidizing of this mess.  No more welfare, no more AFDC, no more medicaid, no more gov't schools, none of it.  They live or die depending on if they can work, get paid, and buy food & shelter.

But what about hte children?  Many fewer of them without the brood mares and drive-by-sperm-donors able to lay around doing nothing to support themselves.  Working 18 hours/day diging ditches or whatnot will leave them less energy with which to act foolishly and evilly.

Enough.  Deciding who to punish in all this foolishness is a waste.  They are ALL oxygen thieves and America is stupider, poorer, and eviler for their existence.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
I think the simple solution is to end all subsidizing of this mess.  No more welfare, no more AFDC, no more medicaid, no more gov't schools, none of it.  They live or die depending on if they can work, get paid, and buy food & shelter.

I wouldn't cut it off entirely, but reducing it to 26 weeks maximum in a 2 year period (exception for legitimate total disability only, to be determined by a different, qualified examiner every 90 days) would force it to be what it's supposed to be; a way to get through a temporary hardship, instead of a permanent paycheck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 04:58:30 PM »
I wouldn't cut it off entirely, but reducing it to 26 weeks maximum in a 2 year period (exception for legitimate total disability only, to be determined by a different, qualified examiner every 90 days) would force it to be what it's supposed to be; a way to get through a temporary hardship, instead of a permanent paycheck.

SSDI and TANF + Medicaid, plus reduce the waiting period for OASDI and Medicare to kick in if the medicos will go on record saying te disability will last more than 2 years (the current waiting period).  No caretaker stipend - if someone needs to provide extended care let them go to school, get their CNA, and get hired by Medicaid/Medicare to attend to the disabled person.  (Sorry, but as it's your kid feeding, dressing, butt-wiping, laundry, grocery shopping and the like are your responsibility.  Changing dresings, applying/removing braces, and stuff like that are what CNAs should be getting paid for.)

But getting back to the specific case at the bar - do NOT terminate all residual parental rights.  Find them liable to reimburse the state for funds expended in support.  And if they cannot/will not find a job within 45 days and start submitting payments, find them in criminal contempt and haul them off to the county farm where they can earn $10/day picking up roadside litter until they get placed in a "real" job through the Work Release program.  Send them out 5 1/2 days a week with a bag lunch of 2 green bologna sammiches, a piece of fruit and a pint carton of pretend juice drink.  Charge them the discount ($1/day) rate for the ankle bracelet.  All wages are paid to the Sheriff's Dept and they are allowed to keep $10/month or 10%, whichever is the lesser amount to a total of $arbitrary number.  (95% of the remainder goes towards child support and 5% of that resame remainder goes in a non-interest escrow account till they have $250.00 (or some other arbitrary amount) they will be given to set themselves up with upon release.  Evenings and Saturday afternoons are mandatory parenting classes.

The first paragraph above is wishful dreaming at the moment.  The second paragraph is pretty much standard.

All you need is a juvenile court judge with the fortitude to do it.

stay safe.

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 05:39:21 PM »
I just read some schools near Seattle are under 25% vaccination rate

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 06:28:23 PM »

• friends
Speaking of Balog's filthy hippies with children......
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »
That blows my mind

And i stand corrected it was some oregon schools that had below 25 percent.

http://www.katu.com/news/problemsolver/Oregon-legislator-wants-to-eliminate-philosophical-vaccine-exemption-290857801.html?mobile=y

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 08:59:51 PM »
No caretaker stipend - if someone needs to provide extended care let them go to school, get their CNA, and get hired by Medicaid/Medicare to attend to the disabled person.  (Sorry, but as it's your kid feeding, dressing, butt-wiping, laundry, grocery shopping and the like are your responsibility.  Changing dresings, applying/removing braces, and stuff like that are what CNAs should be getting paid for.)

For a lot of the chronic kids, they need a nurse, not just a CNA. Most of the parents I've met in this kind of situation *do* handle most everything. When they do have a caretaker come in for a few hours here and there, those parents are on a well deserved break. Only they're grocery shopping, so it's not much of a break...

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 12:25:12 AM »
For a lot of the chronic kids, they need a nurse, not just a CNA. Most of the parents I've met in this kind of situation *do* handle most everything. When they do have a caretaker come in for a few hours here and there, those parents are on a well deserved break. Only they're grocery shopping, so it's not much of a break...

Agreed.  But the numbers are fairly low.  And for those chronic kids that actually need a nurse there are arguments about why it takes a Nurse Practitioner vs a RN vs a LPN vs a CNA to actually carry out the tasks.  And EMTs/Paramedics are blocked from doing any of those jobs.  Sadly the issue of medical liability and health insurance (private or special edication IEP paid for) is more important than the ability to actually provide the care.  For example, at school at kid on a ventilator needs a RN or better to administer nebulized medication or suction out the kid's ventilator line (and the schools demand that the RN or better be with the kid portal to portal) but at home the parent can be trained to do the same tasks.  Yet the parent is less "qualified" than even a CNA.

stay safe.