Author Topic: The Imura Revolver, 3D printed pistol.  (Read 1516 times)

freakazoid

• friend
The Imura Revolver, 3D printed pistol.
« on: February 09, 2015, 12:44:02 PM »
http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/24/designer-builds-a-3d-printable-imura-revolver-in-honor-of-arrested-japanese-maker/

Interesting article. Named after some guy in Japan who was working on 3D blank guns who got arrested. Still a work in progress apaprently.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: The Imura Revolver, 3D printed pistol.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 01:23:33 PM »
Apparently the guy in Japan converted either blank or display ammo to live ammunition.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 02:07:34 PM »
manually advanced revolver?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 02:50:51 AM »

It's an evolving technology.  Give them time and 3D printing will be turning out anything you like in terms of firearm designs.  Probably will be quite a while though before a $500 printer (with pennies in materials) could produce something the equivalent of a Sig Sauer.  But it'll get there.
Formerly sumpnz

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 12:13:08 PM »
It's an evolving technology.  Give them time and 3D printing will be turning out anything you like in terms of firearm designs.  Probably will be quite a while though before a $500 printer (with pennies in materials) could produce something the equivalent of a Sig Sauer.  But it'll get there.
If nothing else, make a 3D printer cable of making a Glock frame and drop in some metal components and barrel.  Maybe 3D print the metal frame work.  I figure they won't be able to print things like springs and barrels, but there may be work arounds that still make it cheaper.  I guess we are at the stage of the Libery Pistol at this point. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 09:56:31 AM »
Quote from: lnf

I wasn't objecting, just noting.  Of course, things aren't going to work the way we're used to at this stage.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 02:23:16 PM »
No one's curmudgeon-raging  :old: about a revolver being called a pistol?  :O
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife