Author Topic: White House Holds Violent Extremism Conference  (Read 2598 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
White House Holds Violent Extremism Conference
« on: February 17, 2015, 09:15:08 PM »
And talks about right wing militias that are violent in the name of the bible.

The Crusades, right wing militias, and jobs for Islamists. At this point I can't help but think the whole thing is an elaborate practical joke set up by the administration. Because it can't be real. It just can't.

http://twitchy.com/2015/02/17/at-extremism-summit-biden-talks-about-groups-that-are-violent-in-the-name-of-the-bible/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: White House Holds Violent Extremism Conference
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:00:48 PM »
 [tinfoil] Almost enough to make a fellow wonder what they are setting us up for [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 10:32:15 PM »
It's just a continuation of the apology tour. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 09:58:02 AM »
It appears there is now evidence that ISIS has been organ harvesting some of its victims. It shouldn't be long before the White House changes their status to "humanitarian organization".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »
How many people were burned to death by christians or 'right wing extremists' yesterday?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 10:51:29 AM »
So, who makes the keynote, Reverend Wright, Sharpton, or Farrakhan?

Welcome to the Hypocrisymposium.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 11:27:45 AM »
How many people were burned to death by christians or 'right wing extremists' yesterday?
Yesterday? None.

Estimates are that the total number of people executed by all inquisitional courts - the last of which were abolished around 200 years ago -  over a time span of over 500 years is about 3000. About the number murdered by Moslems on one day in September 2001.

And the total number killed in abortion clinic bombings is about 8. Compare that to the body count of one typical morning's work for your average jihadi.

I think the administration is frustrated that the right wingers are exploiting a dangerous loophole in the law - they're staying below the radar by not killing people! :O

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 11:31:03 AM »
Yesterday? None.

Estimates are that the total number of people executed by all inquisitional courts - the last of which were abolished around 200 years ago -  over a time span of over 500 years is about 3000. About the number murdered by Moslems on one day in September 2001.

And the total number killed in abortion clinic bombings is about 8. Compare that to the body count of one typical morning's work for your average jihadi.

I think the administration is frustrated that the right wingers are exploiting a dangerous loophole in the law - they're staying below the radar by not killing people! :O

Ah, those lives matter a lot more than the 10s of millions murdered by the left in the 20th century  ;)

Barack Obama

agricola

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 11:46:40 AM »
Yesterday? None.

Those are the very lowest estimates, mind - other figures put the death toll at 25,000 - 30,000. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 01:09:29 PM »
Everyone knows that ISIS is what happens when a TEA party protest gets out of hand.... ;/ ;/ ;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 01:31:26 PM »
Those are the very lowest estimates, mind - other figures put the death toll at 25,000 - 30,000. 

So the thing no one expects lasted ~334 years (1478-1812).   Taking your top end number that averages out to ~90 people per year.   Many were Jews (Conversos) and Protestants but there were also quite a few Catholics that were turned in by enemies and foes.    The Moriscos were mostly expelled rather than killed.

What's ISIS body count so far this month?

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 03:49:22 PM »

*shrug*

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Some folks would claim the second Iraqi invasion was "Christians" or "Crusaders", and that was around 115k. I'm sure some folks here would argue that was legitimate because reasons and doesn't count. Which is fine, for the person doing the arguing. Others however do see American adventures in the Middle East as a literal extension of the Crusades. Right or wrong, it's a common belief that isn't easily dissuaded in many areas.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 03:55:57 PM »
once you stop and think about it, and realize that barack hussein obama is muslim, then all this insanity becomes crystal clear.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 04:28:59 PM »
Others however do see American adventures in the Middle East as a literal extension of the Crusades.

In that case, all the Moslem misadventures to-date are just a continuation of the early 8th century Moorish invasion of the Iberian peninsula . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 04:47:58 PM »
Some folks would claim the second Iraqi invasion was "Christians" or "Crusaders", and that was around 115k.

If that were the goal, it would be an even bigger epic fail. Christian populations have been nearly exterminated in several countries since 2001.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 05:08:56 PM »
And talks about right wing militias that are violent in the name of the bible.

The Crusades, right wing militias, and jobs for Islamists. At this point I can't help but think the whole thing is an elaborate practical joke set up by the administration. Because it can't be real. It just can't.

http://twitchy.com/2015/02/17/at-extremism-summit-biden-talks-about-groups-that-are-violent-in-the-name-of-the-bible/

Shouldn't they be looking at all those drawing unemployment as the most likely suspects?

once you stop and think about it, and realize that barack hussein obama is muslim, then all this insanity becomes crystal clear.

Oh, it's much worse than that. He's a secular leftist.  

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 06:07:30 PM »
*shrug*

Some folks would claim the second Iraqi invasion was "Christians" or "Crusaders", and that was around 115k. I'm sure some folks here would argue that was legitimate because reasons and doesn't count. Which is fine, for the person doing the arguing. Others however do see American adventures in the Middle East as a literal extension of the Crusades. Right or wrong, it's a common belief that isn't easily dissuaded in many areas.

If you think that the Crusades were, like our adventure in Iraq, just very poor foreign policy, you could make that case. But that would ignore the actual origins of the crusades and their origin in the deeply religious European culture of the time.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 08:38:04 PM »
*shrug*

Do they see the Crusades as a direct result of the imperialist Islamic forces conquering Christian lands?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 12:04:27 PM »
Do they see the Crusades as a direct result of the imperialist Islamic forces conquering Christian lands?

Turkish imperialism.  ;)

The Saracen occupation for four centuries was pretty relaxed, and they had no problems with pilgrims. Because money.  The Seljukian Turks were way more jihadi, went nuts killing Christians and destroying churches. Which then caused Europeans to go full jihadi. And much fighting for the next 200 odd years, depending on how you view it.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 12:06:52 PM »
Shouldn't they be looking at all those drawing unemployment as the most likely suspects?

Did nobody get this, or was it just not that funny?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 04:50:04 PM »
I wonder if there was a Festivus Pole at this summit, given Obama's Op-ed piece in the LA Times and the extremists' "Legitimate Grievances".

;/ ;/ ;/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:20:26 PM by scout26 »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.