Author Topic: Ever heard of Fast Action lockwork for 1911  (Read 1231 times)

mister

Ever heard of Fast Action lockwork for 1911
« on: April 22, 2005, 06:07:41 AM »
Cylinder and Slide Shop (of Fremont, NEB) sells it, $150, and it was written-up in the American Rifleman 2-3 months ago. It allows hammer-down carry, yet when you disengage the safety, the hammer is flung back to its fully -ocked position.  I like it because it makes it possible to carry the alloy compact version of a 1911 in a front pants-pocket holster.  If such a gun is chambered for the .38 Casull and loaded properly, it offers 3x the stopping power of the .38 snub, yet it is no harder to control in rapidfire than a steel framed Chief's Special, using boot grips and 158 gr lhp +P ammo.  If such a gun is given the Clark Custom Guns "meltdown" treatement of the slide's corners, a bobbed hammer spur, bobbed tang on an aluminum grip safety, and a Detonics style "slash" of the top rear of the slide, this 1911 variant can be very "slick" into and out of a front pants pocket rig. 20 ozs of empty wt, 6.3" long.  A 60 gr bullet, at 2300 fps is quite feasible to attain, and that's 700 ft lbs of power.  It makes .45 ACP 230 gr jhp ammo look sick by comparison.  A hand on your gun (in your pocket) is a discrete, safe, super fast answer to potential attacks.  If you have to shoot somebody a few times with such a gun and load, they will stay shot.

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 08:35:53 AM »
I have heard of it.  A suggestion though--post gun related stuff over on thehighroad.org since this spin-off site is for non-gun related material.

Greg

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 01:13:30 PM »
Hey, that's a firearms question! No fair on APS, I'm calling the moderator! Cheesy

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org